45-meter fall, sexually assaulted backpacker Hannah Gavios shares story from hospital bed

webfact

26 minutes ago, 2unique said:

A bit disturbing but a lot more detail here from hanoijack.com

”I followed him up this trail and I was asking him ‘is this the right way?’. We were going up this steep mountain and using a flash light and I started panicking.

”While he were walking he grabbed me and was holding me down and trying to take off my clothes.

”I started punching him in the face and beating him up and biting off his ear. I was biting his ear so hard it almost came off. His ear was half torn off.

http://hanoijack.com/2016/09/07/vietnam-teacher-sexually-assaulted-thailand-falling-cliff/

Ok krab, no police...we'll let the army handle creepy bastards like you...i hope they'll let you rot in jail forever between a bunch of ladyboys.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Why no charges of "assault"?

Initially the girl hadn't made a statement and the fellow admitted he had harassed her and she ran off and fell. I imagine (hopefully) the charges will be expanded upon!

1 hour ago, MyFrenU said:

He looks like a character from the Thai version of "The Hills Have Eyes"!

Quite a bit of residual Neanderthal DNA in that one methinks. 

He looks like countless Thai friends and acquaintances I have known over the decades.

38 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Well, they know they are looking at the face of a confessed rapist, who sexually assaulted a girl with serious injuries, before leaving her unable to move in a snake infested jungle.

God forbid that anyone would be so ignorant to point out the the criminal looks like the guy in the middle of that famous Charles Darwin Origin of the Species poster. We already know his character, he's a scumbag. As for intelligence, I think we can draw our own conclusions ... and you can invite him to your next Mensa meeting if you so wish.

I stand by my original comment. Rapists come in all manner of descriptions. So do intelligent people. Appearance as an indicator of either is meaningless, and those who bloviate about someone's looks being an indication of his or her character or intelligence are marking themselves as shallow thinkers at best.

I guess Stephen Hawking wouldn't stand a chance with you in the same room, would he?

3 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

So it was not as reported first as sexual advances? Or someone was trying to cover it up? He should be getting at least 15 years if the old Froggy is getting 5 years for attempting to film thai women having a S****?

A rope around his neck and the highest tree of the jungle would be better. After that journalists from all over the world should come interview his community and make documentaries about it....make them worldfamous please...

1 hour ago, DeepInTheForest said:

Posters who make comments that evaluate a person's character or intelligence based on appearance are revealing their own stupidity.

But in this case its not only his appearance but seem appropriate and justified by his actions

14 minutes ago, DeepInTheForest said:

I stand by my original comment. Rapists come in all manner of descriptions. So do intelligent people. Appearance as an indicator of either is meaningless, and those who bloviate about someone's looks being an indication of his or her character or intelligence are marking themselves as shallow thinkers at best.

I guess Stephen Hawking wouldn't stand a chance with you in the same room, would he?

No, he wouldn't. One on one, I reckon I could take Hawking. :rolleyes:

What can we infer from someone who seems more concerned about the hurt feelings of a confessed sexual assaulter than the well being of his victim? 

The story may not be in Thailand's best image, but then truth hurts and this was a completely unprovoked attack, which may impinge on this woman's life for the rest of her life. Those posters who feel Thailand will be upset and seek revenge on her are delusional as well as those who say she was wrong, as I understand it he offered, and presumably she felt safe with his offer and assistance .

This will no doubt affect some of Thailands plan to increase toruism but in reality they only have themselves top blame for continuing to underestimate the selfish and scamming Thai nationals as well as thinking that all Thais are purer than the driven snow.

More and more we are seeing Thais as they really are and in some cases it is not nice.

I'm curious to know just were there is a trail near Krabi where someone would be at that time of night, where one can run and  fall off 45 meters.  but that is not important. What is important is that Krabi has a good reputation ....and this girl felt safe (for a time). Now that reputation will be tarnished.

But what a goof the guide was....story sounds strange to say the least.

53 minutes ago, DeepInTheForest said:

Oh gawd. Please, let's not get into wishy-washy, PC, not upset anyone mode. As soon as this bastard put this hands on this girl, he is fair game imo and if she were your daughter you'd be calling him all the names under the sun. He is a neanderthal, plain as day, and should be locked up in a cave and treated as such.

13 minutes ago, zyxwv said:

I'm curious to know just were there is a trail near Krabi where someone would be at that time of night, where one can run and  fall off 45 meters.  but that is not important. What is important is that Krabi has a good reputation ....and this girl felt safe (for a time). Now that reputation will be tarnished.

It was Railay I believe, where some of the digs are set high up, Railay East in particular.

17 minutes ago, zyxwv said:

I didn't know Krabi had a good reputation. My experience was aggressive boat taxis trying to knock me out of my kayak and a motorbike rental place owner who tried to start a fight with a farang middle-aged father in front of his kids.

I would guess the reason the woman felt safe there was simply because she didnmt know better.

Title of article:

"....45-meter fall, sexually assaulted backpacker Hannah Gavios shares story from hospital bed"

Two items leap out at me here----
1) I'll pitch in 500 b for the clown who penned the article to return to a remedial English course.
2) The author of article left out the qualifying term "sensitive snowflake."

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

No, he wouldn't. One on one, I reckon I could take Hawking. :rolleyes:

What can we infer from someone who seems more concerned about the hurt feelings of a confessed sexual assaulter than the well being of his victim? 

We can tell, that he made a comment on the stupid stereotyping behavior by other posters!

...and that would be it!

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Speaking out and defaming Thailand's image isn't very smart.  Others have been arrested and imprisoned for tarnishing the kingdoms image.

The only one to tarnish Thailand's image was Apai Ruengvorn.

Hannah rightly so defended herself, she was the victim and he was lucky just to have a piece of his ear bitten off.

Archived