Couple from New York thrilled to find they're the ONLY passengers on plane from Krabi to Malaysia

webfact

Couple thrilled to find they're the ONLY passengers on plane to Malaysia

BY SIMON HAMALIENKO

Carrie Fisher and Kyle McNicol were surprised to bag themselves an accidental private jet on their Asian tour - but they made the most of it

gz.jpg

Carrie Fisher and Kyle McNicol were shocked the only passengers on a flight from Thailand to Malaysia

KRABI: -- A couple taking a flight to Malaysia found they had all the leg room they wanted when they boarded - because they were the only passengers on the plane.

Carrie Fisher and her partner Kyle McNicol were unexpectedly given a private flight from Krabi , Thailand for Penang in Malaysia on September 2.

The pair, from York, were told as they checked in that it was a special day - and even staff checking their passports for the FireFly flight were laughing saying "just you two".

But the couple who are 28 were still unaware that they were the only passengers.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couple-thrilled-find-theyre-only-8790798

-- Mirror 2016-09-09

On my first trip to Thailand in 2004 from the USA, I booked for Sept 1, staying for 10 days.  On the return flight home on the China Air Boeing 747 the plane literally had only about 40 people on it.  Then I realized the date was 9/11.  Presumably people were avoiding that date.  I was able to lay down across all the seats in the middle section of the plane. 

I had a similar thing years ago, Hat Yai to Phuket. Just me and a mate on the plane. The plane was going in for maintenance and was piloted by a couple of guys from the maintenance area, in overalls. The copilot did the safety briefing. We spent most of the flight in the cockpit chatting with the pilots, and as I recall we were all smoking, lol

52 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Wouldn't the marketing and sales people for this airline be in hot water after this story?

You cant buy marketing like this, Thats a story from a UK newspaper.

This reminds me of back in 1998.  I was living in Jakarta and it was the height of the riots.  I was fortunate in being able to get out of Jakarta on the Friday to fly to Singapore when there was a total curfew in place.  Thousands of people were cramming the JKT airport endeavouring to get out of there.  Most were of Chinese extraction with their home and vehicles already burnt and wrecked

I needed to fly back to Jkt on the Monday.  I arrived at SG airport and found that I was ONLY passenger on Boeing 747 that was fully crewed. It was making the flight to Jkt to take out another full load of refugees

An un-forgetable experience but I had to get back to JKT to save my own home, which I did

22 minutes ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

Emailed newsletter has the headline that they're from New York, story says York. Thaivisa, make your mind up!

Readers here probably don't know where York is. So TV went for something more iconic... :blink:

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

On my first trip to Thailand in 2004 from the USA, I booked for Sept 1, staying for 10 days.  On the return flight home on the China Air Boeing 747 the plane literally had only about 40 people on it.  Then I realized the date was 9/11.  Presumably people were avoiding that date.  I was able to lay down across all the seats in the middle section of the plane. 

some memories of the flight you must be having. similar situations arose during SARS.

3 hours ago, Michael8511 said:

Happen to me 88 I was going to work and flew British Airways London to Barbados on a 747 and it was 36 passenger. 5 of us was in business. It was not a big difference for us.

36 people is not 2 people. Smarten up.

6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Despite this they were still unable to get the attention of the stewardess in flight and chicken was the only option for the meal, the fish having finished. :lol:

Yep! Plus after waiting 15 minutes for Business Class and Gold Card Member Holders to Board, their seat numbers were at the back of the airplane. Her in an Ale Seat, and him 2 Rows back in a Window Seat. But the Overhead Compartment was still full above their heads by someone's Bicycle and Washing Machine they got through for Carry-on so they still had to put their Carry-on 3 rows up. 

It still was an okay trip though and the line-up for the one toilet was small, but it would have been a much better trip if they didn't loose their luggage.

Archived