Couple from New York thrilled to find they're the ONLY passengers on plane from Krabi to Malaysia

webfact

3 hours ago, Doobiedoobiedoo said:

I find it funny that they hate other people on public transportation so badly that it's such a luxury to be without others and making a story of it. They're probably backpackers and stink so badly even Malaysian's couldn't stand the smell so canceled..   Anyway best of luck to this lucky couple. 

I didn't catch the part where they said they hate other people on public transport...  :blink:

7 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Despite this they were still unable to get the attention of the stewardess in flight and chicken was the only option for the meal, the fish having finished. :lol:

Yes..heheeheee

Almost, but not quite the same. In 1982 on a Viasa flight from Caracas to London, there were only seven paying passengers.  We became a tight little unit prior to boarding each of us amazed how few passengers there were.  On board, we made a point of sitting as far away from each other as possible. It felt like it was almost a private flight on this nearly empty 747.

5 hours ago, Thian said:

Are they not even allowed to mention which airline it was?

Well, if you look at the link and open it, in the MIRROR article,,,,you can see the plane and the name of the company and the plane registration 9M-FYE.

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

is that important i wonder. the news has indicated their home town. so what if it is timbuktoo.

I think it is good information.  Looks like there are some people left in the world that still like New Yorkers.  You can bet there will be no free flights for any Thai tourists, out of JFK.

Yeah...I was confused by the "New York" title and the "York" in the actual story.   So they were Brits....still good on them.  Perhaps the "New York" was an attempt to upgrade their nationality, as well as their seats.

(wink, wink...)

Firefly airlines hmm. I wonder if a fly was involved you know the zipper kind. It comes down and the fire flies well it used to for me anyways years ago. My g/f at the time and I made a blanket into a tent. Do I qualify for membership in the mile high club? They could become members of the mile high club openly not jammed in some toilet cubicle although jamming yourself in there seems to be half the fun. If a pregnancy happens in 9 months and she has twins you could call it a 24 sorry forgot thats a case of beer. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, Doobiedoobiedoo said:

I find it funny that they hate other people on public transportation so badly that it's such a luxury to be without others and making a story of it. They're probably backpackers and stink so badly even Malaysian's couldn't stand the smell so canceled..   Anyway best of luck to this lucky couple. 

Stinky???   How insulting does it get here?  They look clean and happy to me.

Thirty odd years ago I checked in for a flight to find I was 'overbooked' and my reservation was void. The airline was apologetic and told me they had booked me on an one of their aircraft going to my destination as a replacement for an unserviceable jet. I was the only passenger on a 747 with one hostess who slept most of the way but I did get a nice dinner and drinks. Only downside, on arrival they had lost my suitcase!

I was flying on Delta from Tampa to New York on my way to Thailand. It was Christmas-eve . I was flying 1st class and was the only person in first class. 

It was nice I had all of first to myself. However really it was nothing special.  Another time from Korea to Philippines I was flying first with a co-worker and it ended up only the two of us in first. We did keep the girl running the whole flight bringing us drinks. 

I was once thrilled to be the only passenger (in the cockpit)

Can't do THAT these days eh!

I was in a Business Class booth, heading North again via Qantas.

Being a military techo, I couldn't let it slide that there was a technical fault, in the Entertainment system, for my seat location.

I duly reported it to the pretty little stewardess.

She took it all onboard ( and didn't even Kai Tow, not prostrate herself on the floor to me) to apologise...

10 minutes later, she's back, saying the Captain wanted to speak with me

uh oh

So I follow her forward, and am led into the cockpit

He's a fellow Airforce type ( Ex actually - he's a retired one)

Lots of thanks for getting the fault reported, and I am invited to take the spare cockpit seat (sort of like the old Flight Engineer's location), and proceed to enjoy most of the remainder of the flight.

Steward service in the cockpit was mighty fine thank you very much :burp:

13 hours ago, Jasminetea said:

Flyer Fly is part of MAS so you can imagine what most Malaysians think of that Airline especially when they have decided not to continue the search for the missing airline 

Well let them search with Malayasia's money,instead of Australia's.Ask PM Nazak for a loan.

Similar thing happened to me on a flight from Rhodes, Greece to London back in 1984. Were only about 7 people on the plane. Was allowed to go in and chat to the pilots (this was pre-9/11). Waste of fuel for so few passengers but I guess they had their reasons for doing it.

On 9/9/2016 at 7:05 AM, yellowboat said:

Wouldn't the marketing and sales people for this airline be in hot water after this story?

Aircraft have to return to the hub even if empty. 

3 years ago my wife and I were the only passengers on an Orient Thai flight from Guangzhou to Don Muang. The flight was a bit late arriving in Guangzhou and appeared to be full. Arrival at DM was great, they brought our luggage to the steps and we bypassed baggage reclaim, out of the airport in about 20 minutes.

Archived