Two Thai men arrested for violent Pattaya street attack on tourists

webfact

Two Thai men arrested for violent Pattaya street attack on tourists

extra1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have arrested two Thai men for a violent street attack on two tourists.

A Swedish man was kicked unconscious after he came to the aid of a Japanese man who was being set upon.

Both Thais are claimed to have a previous conviction for attack on a British tourist last year.

They denied it - blaming the tourists for attacking them - but police don't believe it.

The attack happened last night in Soi LK Metro in Pattaya. 

Tareyuki Kamiyama was attacked in the street suffering injuries to his face and a ripped mouth.

A Swedish tourist named only as Stefan ran to his aid and was subsequently kicked unconscious by two thugs. Some 5000 baht was stolen in the attack.

Police said the assailants ripped off their own shirts and fled with a Thai woman.

Two arrests were made later. Patana "Jack" Meunsaeng and Patiphan "Ton" Kla were found drunk. They denied the attack was their doing blaming the tourists for the trouble but police refused to believe them.

Reporters understand that both men were convicted of an attack on a British tourist on the 5th of June last year.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-09

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They denied it - blaming the tourists for attacking them - but police don't believe it.

Nor I.

Both Thais are claimed to have a previous conviction for attack on a British tourist last year.

One wonders why, with 'previous form', they were in a tourist area and not in clink far away...? Maybe now someone in authority with a mild understanding of  jurisprudence or even a shred of common sense will see these lads removed far away from tourist areas for a goodish stretch. 

I'm waiting for the 'the victims were drunk and deserved it' gang to roll up....

Here's hoping both victims make a full recovery.

I live on the Darkside, aprox 10 kms from the city centre, I have absolutely no interest in going into town at night, or in the day for that matter, except to go shopping, the place gets more dangerous as the years roll by, rumour has it that a large shopping complex is planned for our side of the railroad tracks, the sooner that happens the better because it means I can avoid Sodom & Gomorrah altogether.

We have great bars and restaurants out here, no need to go there at all.  

41 minutes ago, londoedan said:

Worrying development if young Thai men are picking on tourists in such a popular area.

Good comment. I can't understand why the local business owners (majority thai) don't come down hard on the thugs who will only be driving the tourists away. Tourists =income. 

Social media is very fast and powerful these days. 

55 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This is a robbery, not a mere attack / assault.

Not a mere attack or assault  ???

Would you not give two Thai men 5,000 baht; so that you do not get kicked in the head 10-15 times ??

Maybe suffer brain damage or worse. How must does it cost to replace all your teeth ?

They beat him up and took his money while he was knocked out on the ground.

48 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I live on the Darkside, aprox 10 kms from the city centre, I have absolutely no interest in going into town at night, or in the day for that matter, except to go shopping, the place gets more dangerous as the years roll by, rumour has it that a large shopping complex is planned for our side of the railroad tracks, the sooner that happens the better because it means I can avoid Sodom & Gomorrah altogether.

We have great bars and restaurants out here, no need to go there at all.

You took the words out of my mouth.

1 hour ago, londoedan said:

Worrying development if young Thai men are picking on tourists in such a popular area.

Unfortunately happens in many other countries also. But these two criminals should be locked away for a long time to show that the authorities really are caring about their tourist trade. Soon we will know. Don't hold your breath though!

1 hour ago, smedly said:

perhaps they should be locked up far away from pattaya and never allowed to return to any tourist city

Yes, a person who repeatedly commits crimes against tourists and does not officially reside or work in the area should have a restraining order on them allowing the police to arrest them in any are defined a tourist area. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

perhaps they should be locked up far away from pattaya and never allowed to return to any tourist city

in theory wounds ok but how to prevent somebody from returning to pattaya. but TAT  this has to stop. if the above report is accurate the Swede was beaten up for trying to help some one in need.

think of some serious punishment.

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Yes, a person who repeatedly commits crimes against tourists and does not officially reside or work in the area should have a restraining order on them allowing the police to arrest them in any are defined a tourist area. 

it will not be easy to enforce the restraining order. if people can make their way illegally from Myanmar  and Laos, what is going to prevent Thais  from doing the same.

53 minutes ago, bark said:

Not a mere attack or assault  ???

Would you not give two Thai men 5,000 baht; so that you do not get kicked in the head 10-15 times ??

Maybe suffer brain damage or worse. How must does it cost to replace all your teeth ?

They beat him up and took his money while he was knocked out on the ground.

What the writer was saying was that Robbery with violence is a far more serious offense  and viewed as such by the courts than an attack or assault 

I used to live outside banglamung but we would only go into Pattaya for shopping and definitely would be out of there before evening. It is a dangerous place and everyone knows it yet nothing I'd done to clean it up.

When the tourists finally enough is enough the Thai's have only themselves to blame.

For those who say it happens everywhere go crawl back under your stone. Because something happens in other countries does not justify it.

Archived