Two Thai men arrested for violent Pattaya street attack on tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, londoedan said:

Worrying development if young Thai men are picking on tourists in such a popular area.

Yup. Right in the middle of lk metro with several taxi bike thugs a few metres up and bouncers nearby. These 2 probably get free passage out of there while farangs are left to fend off the pack. We had scum come out of soi honey and point a gun at us after a motorcycle crashed into a guy who was stood outside the bar on the corner!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to work in Pattaya, always loved the place, however I have not been there in 10 years.

Went there for a visit.......checked out of the hotel the next day and went back to Bangkok.

There was a time I hated Bangkok.......And don't see myself going to Pattaya.....EXCEPT FOR A BIG LAUGH......

When will these people learn ?

Of course any foreigner walking down the road minding his or her own business is a provocation too far. Who do they think they are ?

Of course the upstanding nationals had to defend their honor. Why did Stefan not come tooled up, has he no respect ?

Commiserations to both gentlemen for this, I know I am dreaming when I say I hope justice prevails.

I know TIT, and everyone says if you dont like it then go back home, etc , etc.   With the ever increasing use of yaba and violence here, even against thai on thai; There just needs to be more accountability for violence and murder here.  I know this is wishful thinking  but even when talking to thais.  This is why people murder freely.  Everyone knows its just a slap on the wrist, a wai, and pull some strings.  Its so nuts, to think u get caught with a pocket full of happy pills and you can get life if no $ changes hands.. Then you rip someones skull apart and you get 6 months, if that.  I will never understand this philosophy.  I guess it has to do with your karma or what situation you put yourself in to Thai people.  However, if you are farang,  this situation might just be because of who you are, and not your immediate environment you chose to be in at that moment.  I think about this more and more there.  I used to not.   They need to make sure tourists here are more safe, simply by harder sentencing.  Or , there might not be tourists coming here.  Maybe not, everyone keeps seeing it happen but nothing is done.. So, maybe carry on and TIT.  Learn some muay thai and have a gang with you at all times:) 

A one line profane Pattaya Bashing troll post has been removed.

And yet another Pattaya Bashing post has been removed, we are discussing a violent attack there is no need to start bad mouthing the town and it will not be tolerated.

They needed money for alcohol to drink their worries away, look.....a falang, lets go and kick the shit out of him, they always have money on them, (walking ATM), wouldn't dream on doing it to one of our own because have no money, and if we get caught, we can say they started it 1st because they are always drunk.

2nd offence, would have to be a minimum 5 years IMHO, should of been that the 1st time around as the longer the time, the more the lesson learnt for some ?

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

i repeat two wrongs do not make a right. TAT must find alternative solutions.

True but it would not have been wrong if the Swede would have been a pro boxer and killed them both with two punches would it? hyku1147 said Dangerous Falangs not criminal.

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I live on the Darkside, aprox 10 kms from the city centre, I have absolutely no interest in going into town at night, or in the day for that matter, except to go shopping, the place gets more dangerous as the years roll by, rumour has it that a large shopping complex is planned for our side of the railroad tracks, the sooner that happens the better because it means I can avoid Sodom & Gomorrah altogether.

We have great bars and restaurants out here, no need to go there at all.  

If you believe the dark side is any less dangerous then you need to go out, look around and leave those rose tinted specs at home. 

3 hours ago, bark said:

Not a mere attack or assault  ???

Would you not give two Thai men 5,000 baht; so that you do not get kicked in the head 10-15 times ??

Maybe suffer brain damage or worse. How must does it cost to replace all your teeth ?

They beat him up and took his money while he was knocked out on the ground.

You're missing my point...robbery is regarded as a much more serious crime than 'mere' assault.

Robbery can lead to years in Jail especially if it happens at night...

The article I read about this in the national press, in the newspaper that 'Dare Not Speak Its Name" (on here), it also mentioned a Russian girl who was beaten and robbed last night by a motorbike taxi driver on her way back from Walking Street to Jomtien, but it seems to have been removed from their site - or buried somewhere inaccessible.

My point being there is a serious amount of crime being committed in Pattaya right now, but it's never reported locally, and even nationally there are problems with reporting it.

You've just got to take care when you're out.

Bugger that,you it wont be safe to go out at might anywhere in that area soon.All this gets back to outside the country.

I am glad i live in a village where most folk are in bed by 10 pm.

Ive done the Pattaya thing.10 years i was there,had a bar,but it sees to be getting worse every day.

18 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

a Russian girl who was beaten and robbed last night by a motorbike taxi driver on her way back from Walking Street to Jomtien, but it seems to have been removed from their site - or buried somewhere inaccessible.

The story is HEREhttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/942086-russian-worker-beaten-and-robbed/

The link to the original story still works

Uhhm, they don't have any money (unless you count the 5000 Baht), they don't have anything that can help the arresting officers to gain wealth, so of course a serious reprimand and a slap on the hand before being released to officers of their home tamboon is in play..

This is becoming a National past time "Kicking Tourists in the head". They really need to come up with a name for this.

Additionally it must be eating into the TAT budget sending flowers to the hospitals for all the victims.

Soi dogs and these "Head Kickers" are all at the same level. They should all be put down.

I HAVE LIVED IN THAILAND FOR 11 YEARS AND THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE HERE FOREVER!

I used to feel safe any time, anywhere, but not any more. This is now an every day occurrence ... two or usually more Thai Thugs gang up an an elderly Farang, beat him senseless and rob him of whatever is on him.

I bought a ticket back to Canada and I am another statistic next month. There will be one less Farang in Thailand. I can't get out of here soon enough!

I don't think Japanese tourists have a reputation for making trouble, quite the opposite, so it looks like the guy was the victim of a robbery and the Swedish guy was decent enough to come to his aid, and put himself in danger.

Let's hope the criminals see the inside of a jail for a good while ... I won't hold my breath though!

Why are tourist police neither stationed, nor doing foot-patrols in Bouakao  & LK Metro area? Common sense that the red-light districts anywhere in the world attract trouble. There must be some Pros in Thai & Farang Police structures that could come up with a plan to get Pattaya safer? Why not copy some other countries procedures? Sorry, forgot for a moment we are in Pattaya/Thailand......:-) Accept it or leave, I am afraid. We won't see changes in our life-time.   MS>

Archived