Two Thai men arrested for violent Pattaya street attack on tourists

webfact

6 hours ago, smedly said:

perhaps they should be locked up far away from pattaya and never allowed to return to any tourist city

Too easy....put them on one of those fishing trawlers. In fact, empty all Thai prisons and put the inmates on those boats so the trafficked blokes can go free. There lads, you have what is called a win-win situation.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Thunderbirds20 said:

I HAVE LIVED IN THAILAND FOR 11 YEARS AND THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE HERE FOREVER!

I used to feel safe any time, anywhere, but not any more. This is now an every day occurrence ... two or usually more Thai Thugs gang up an an elderly Farang, beat him senseless and rob him of whatever is on him.

I bought a ticket back to Canada and I am another statistic next month. There will be one less Farang in Thailand. I can't get out of here soon enough!

Understandable....what needs to happen is for some martial artists in geezer makeup and wearing body cams to hobble along, maybe with a cane, until some punks take advantage....and then deliver just desserts.

Don't worry, Western tourists are staying away by the tens of thousands. This has been reported so it's not my words. Social media has made the world aware of the weekly attacks that happen to Western tourists. It's no longer isolated incidents. It's a trend. It's also a trend for them to get insignificant punishments.

Facts.

1 minute ago, sharecropper said:

I've been here for 15 years and I've only seen one serious incident of violence. Had I been back in London it would have been many time that, especially over 15 years, so I know where I'm safest.

You can read about the attacks on a weekly basis just on this Thai Visa website alone.

28 minutes ago, arrowsdawdle said:

Understandable....what needs to happen is for some martial artists in geezer makeup and wearing body cams to hobble along, maybe with a cane, until some punks take advantage....and then deliver just desserts.

12 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

Thanks for the tip.

Sure, welcome.

I don't want anyone to miss out on any potential issues relating to awareness and safety.

Don't worry, Western tourists are staying away by the tens of thousands. This has been reported so it's not my words. Social media has made the world aware of the weekly attacks that happen to Western tourists. It's no longer isolated incidents. It's a trend. It's also a trend for them to get insignificant punishments.

Facts.

Nah.. Tens of millions of tourists and hardly a hand full of attacks a week. The only social media crying are terrified TV member's, hardly a crew that make international head lines LMAO

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Nah.. Tens of millions of tourists and hardly a hand full of attacks a week. The only social media crying are terrified TV member's, hardly a crew that make international head lines LMAO

Pattaya looks pretty quiet to me ... business looks down ... not just because of bad publicity of course, but that kind of things doesn't help.

5 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Attacks have increased and it only takes one a week to get people's attention. You saying that a handful a week doesn't? I'm saying that in the last 15+ years, violence has increased against foreigners in Pattaya. You can be in the minority and disagree. It's your right.

Pattaya looks pretty quiet to me ... business looks down ... not just because of bad publicity of course, but that kind of things doesn't help.

Pattaya is dead! For many reasons eg. Low season plus exchange rate against the baht, Oz dollar and the pound imploding, plus the euro

And of course the odd beat down? I think that's a stretch..

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Unfortunately happens in many other countries also. But these two criminals should be locked away for a long time to show that the authorities really are caring about their tourist trade. Soon we will know. Don't hold your breath though!

I read that the creature who kicked the old falang lady in the face rendering her unconscious in Hua Hin only got 2 years. He have probably got more than that for the same crime in Madhouse Britain.

10 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Pattaya is dead! For many reasons eg. Low season plus exchange rate against the baht, Oz dollar and the pound imploding, plus the euro

And of course the odd beat down? I think that's a stretch..

Im not sure about that ... many expats that come here are older, and some are infirm ... looking to avoid trouble and have a good time. I'd think twice about coming here if I felt vulnerable. 

Im not sure about that ... many expats that come here are older, and some are infirm ... looking to avoid trouble and have a good time. I'd think twice about coming here if I felt vulnerable. 

I don't live in Pattaya so Im not biased but good lord it's not rocket science. Get out your calculator.. Plug in a million tourists and then plug in the hand full of robberies, attacks a week.. Get back to us

Avoid beach road late at night and avoid banging lady boys and you as an expat should know this..your odds of violence will be zero!!!

Well I still fell pretty safe living here with my family but then again I don't go bar hopping anymore but stay home in the evenings but we go out eating in the weekends.

Anybody just a bit street wise and not stupid drunk can easily avoid trouble.

I agree with mcfish, it's not as bad as some TV posters would like us to think, it's not that often tourists gets beaten up considered how many tourists comes here and there is a lot of drunks around everyday.

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

I've been here for 15 years and I've only seen one serious incident of violence. Had I been back in London it would have been many time that, especially over 15 years, so I know where I'm safest.

But London has a population of at least eighty times the size of Pattaya's and millions of young black, Islamic, Eastern European, Middle Eastern and Balkan thugs among its multitudes who are more likely to use a knife, a machete or even a gun in their acts of violence.

You expect it in London but not in what must be the most popular holiday resort in the Land of Smiles. The Thai plod and their judicial system must start getting their act together regarding these ever increasingly common violent attacks on holiday makers.

20 minutes ago, mcfish said:

I don't live in Pattaya so Im not biased but good lord it's not rocket science. Get out your calculator.. Plug in a million tourists and then plug in the hand full of robberies, attacks a week.. Get back to us

Avoid beach road late at night and avoid banging lady boys and you as an expat should know this..your odds of violence will be zero!!!

The Jap and the Swede were not on Beach Rd nor were they banging lady boys.

The Jap and the Swede were not on Beach Rd nor were they banging lady boys.

Please read posts properly before commenting. I was talking to an expat concerned about his own safety...

unfortunately Pattaya attracts the worst kind of tourist, predominantly young testosteroned drunks with zero respect for the locals, I'm surprised there aren't a 100 bashings a week but the Thais are very tolerant to say the least

6 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...welcome quality tourists....

...savage local scum are waiting for you...

Of course the wealthy high worth quality tourists always go to LK Metro where you can swim amongst the pond life- so if the pond life bites back occasionally? 

28 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But London has a population of at least eighty times the size of Pattaya's and millions of young black, Islamic, Eastern European, Middle Eastern and Balkan thugs among its multitudes who are more likely to use a knife, a machete or even a gun in their acts of violence.

You expect it in London but not in what must be the most popular holiday resort in the Land of Smiles. The Thai plod and their judicial system must start getting their act together regarding these ever increasingly common violent attacks on holiday makers.

57 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Am always amused by comments about London ( I think by Americans ) - so go to the West End to see a show or a concert - maybe they are brainwashed by Trump ? 

Help- a whole multitude of ethnic machete , gun, knife wielding assassins running around trying to kill you- what total absolute cr*p .

Pattaya lives on two levels - the well to do- and then the low life who inhabit places such as LK Metro- you reap what you sow or s**** ! 

5 hours ago, Gracas said:

This is becoming a National past time "Kicking Tourists in the head". They really need to come up with a name for this.

Additionally it must be eating into the TAT budget sending flowers to the hospitals for all the victims.

Soi dogs and these "Head Kickers" are all at the same level. They should all be put down.

In the UK we call it attempted murder.

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I live on the Darkside, aprox 10 kms from the city centre, I have absolutely no interest in going into town at night, or in the day for that matter, except to go shopping, the place gets more dangerous as the years roll by, rumour has it that a large shopping complex is planned for our side of the railroad tracks, the sooner that happens the better because it means I can avoid Sodom & Gomorrah altogether.

We have great bars and restaurants out here, no need to go there at all.  

Well I live 10km out of town too, but still enjoy an odd night out in town. Perhaps once a week or  two. There really isn't anything to compare to say Walking St over on the darkside, you know, like lights. I agree there are some good bars and places to eat. I have very rarely seen violence on these nights out, but I  do confine them to midweek. Plus I am out until pretty late, perhaps 3am.  There are also the odd incidences of farang rage over on the darkside too! Some guy petting a dog got it a while ago.

My next night out was going to be LK Metro, I shall have to rethink that as I am a little concerned the area is becoming a rough-house. Dare I be as controversial as an Air China magazine and blame the mix of people there?

I can only suggest better patrolling by police, harsher punishment, the equivalent of restraining orders barring some from these areas. Bar closures where problems occur, real closures, like 5 years and NO reopening under a different name.

It is possible, like you, my overly-expensive forays to the naughty dens will have to come to an end.

Until the authorities, from the highest political office down, stop showing disdain to foreigners then this will continue to happen. It is obvious we are not welcome but their love of money is stronger than their hatred. We are vermin that are only just tolerated.

Archived