Two Thai men arrested for violent Pattaya street attack on tourists

webfact

On 9/9/2016 at 10:53 PM, Global Guy said:

Don't worry, Western tourists are staying away by the tens of thousands. This has been reported so it's not my words. Social media has made the world aware of the weekly attacks that happen to Western tourists. It's no longer isolated incidents. It's a trend. It's also a trend for them to get insignificant punishments.

Facts.

Much more to due with the weak economic situation in most of Western Europe, Australia, and Canada than anything anyone has read on social (or any other) media. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love it or hate it..pattaya is what it is and it depends what glasses you wear.I like pattaya and often visit.Used to live there but soon tired of being a resident.....apart from the obvious attractions pattaya also has many fine restaurants,5 star resorts,close to bangkok and many nice spots south to sattahip,and of course for guys it offers a fine night out,like any other place offering the same you have to careful and not just with the ladies/lady boys.Dont get drunk and mouth off it will get you into loads of problems.Be courteous and pleasant to all the locals and there should be no problems.

I guess if few months time the turn will be for German and Chinese. When are they going to learn if they want to save the tourist business the tourists should feel they are safe. As long as these people will be out again in couple of months time there will be no security here and tourist with high capacity of spending will not come back.

Am i ever gonna  read some day a news article such as " 2 Thai thugs were badly beaten and handed over to police by a black-belt certified foreigner after their unsuccessful mugging attempt" or " American expat with a sports-bike caught up with the necklace snatchers after a high-speed chase and the two young thai thugs were badly beaten by him"

Every news article of this kind I come across is always about how foreigner/s were beaten to a bloody pulp!

Doesn't any of the foreigners know how to fight or at least fight back???

On 9/9/2016 at 11:52 PM, sharecropper said:

I've been here for 15 years and I've only seen one serious incident of violence. Had I been back in London it would have been many time that, especially over 15 years, so I know where I'm safest.

just because you haven't seen doesn't mean it's not happening daily.Follow the news and you will realize how often it is happening lately

On 9/10/2016 at 0:59 AM, mcfish said:

Avoid beach road late at night and avoid banging lady boys and you as an expat should know this..your odds of violence will be zero!!!

my cheap stainless necklace was snatched by 2 thugs in broad daylight on 2nd rd. and soi 4..what late night are you talking about?lol

On 9/9/2016 at 9:28 PM, Thunderbirds20 said:

I HAVE LIVED IN THAILAND FOR 11 YEARS AND THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE HERE FOREVER!

I used to feel safe any time, anywhere, but not any more. This is now an every day occurrence ... two or usually more Thai Thugs gang up an an elderly Farang, beat him senseless and rob him of whatever is on him.

I bought a ticket back to Canada and I am another statistic next month. There will be one less Farang in Thailand. I can't get out of here soon enough!

See ya

On 9/9/2016 at 4:09 PM, Merylhighground said:

Nor I.

One wonders why, with 'previous form', they were in a tourist area and not in clink far away...? Maybe now someone in authority with a mild understanding of  jurisprudence or even a shred of common sense will see these lads removed far away from tourist areas for a goodish stretch. 

I'm waiting for the 'the victims were drunk and deserved it' gang to roll up....

Here's hoping both victims make a full recovery.

Yes just like locals with criminal records are prevented from being present in tourist areas in every other country, right?

In a lot of incidents like this, the farang's state of inebriation is a major contributing factor to the beating he receives.

On 9/10/2016 at 11:15 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

The urge for sex (especially cheap sex) is a strong one.

Precisely

These people are evidently willing to risk life and limb to get their leg over.

Is it really that difficult (or expensive) to get laid in their own countries?

11 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Yes just like locals with criminal records are prevented from being present in tourist areas in every other country, right?

In a lot of incidents like this, the farang's state of inebriation is a major contributing factor to the beating he receives.

I'm sure that in most nations, if a criminal had a record of attacks or crimes aimed at tourists, they would have some kind of exclusion order against them where, if they are found in a tourist area, their punishment is increased.

What has the 'farang's' state if inebriation got to do with anything? What a ludicrous post. 

7 hours ago, Merylhighground said:

I'm sure that in most nations, if a criminal had a record of attacks or crimes aimed at tourists, they would have some kind of exclusion order against them where, if they are found in a tourist area, their punishment is increased.

What has the 'farang's' state if inebriation got to do with anything? What a ludicrous post. 

Showing just how completely out of touch with reality you are. No such exclusions exist in most nations and even if they did here, how many excluded individuals do you think would abide by them?

You and those like you who think that you should have some kind of extra layer protection because you're tourists, expats and/or senior citizens are utterly deluded.

This isn't a bloody retirement home or a gated community, mate. Neither is it a sanitised and squeaky clean family experience like Disneyland. 

The point is that if you choose to frequent a salacious part of town, you're bound to find yourself cheek by jowl with the sub-culture that the local industry inevitably attracts. The question you have to ask yourself is how much you're prepared to risk in terms of your personal safety in order to get your leg over.

Clearly, many are prepared to assume risk to life and limb

On 16/09/2016 at 2:06 AM, Agent Sumo said:

Showing just how completely out of touch with reality you are. No such exclusions exist in most nations and even if they did here, how many excluded individuals do you think would abide by them?

You and those like you who think that you should have some kind of extra layer protection because you're tourists, expats and/or senior citizens are utterly deluded.

This isn't a bloody retirement home or a gated community, mate. Neither is it a sanitised and squeaky clean family experience like Disneyland. 

The point is that if you choose to frequent a salacious part of town, you're bound to find yourself cheek by jowl with the sub-culture that the local industry inevitably attracts. The question you have to ask yourself is how much you're prepared to risk in terms of your personal safety in order to get your leg over.

Clearly, many are prepared to assume risk to life and limb

Life and limb?? Do you write Thai soap operas as you clearly have a talent for the melodramatic and colossal overstatement? 

I think you'll find there are 'gated communities' a plenty in Pattaya mate if you've ever been there, which I doubt from your ludicrous description.

I feel in more danger crossing the road than going whoring in Pattaya.

1 minute ago, Merylhighground said:

I make such a suggestion as if foreign tourists inflame this bloke so much that he has to attack them, surely it's best all round to put the scoundrel far from them?

Oh my, such odd terms being used here. Is every person wanting to get some crumpet 'sexually depraved'? I'm sensing some issues here....

No not at all - if people want to "go whoring" as you so succinctly put it, they should be free to do so.

My point was that you can't expect the Thai authorities to make Pattaya the exception to the rules that govern any and all red light districts anywhere around the world just to protect oh-so-vulnerable sex tourists.

Millions visit Pattaya every year and the vast majority are perfectly aware of the intrinsic risks of doing so but you don't hear them calling for special effort to turn the city into some sort of whoremonger safe zone.

Perhaps each sex tourist should be assigned a private security detail to keep watch as he negotiates the barfine 

Archived