Who said a wife is always the first to know - woman shocked to find out what her husband was really up to.

rooster59

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10 September 2016 at 0:20 PM, Trouble said:

Problem is now the guy has fathered two children who will have to grow up without a father.  Kind of pathetic.

Oh no need to worry about them, there is a queue of unsuspecting farangs just waiting to be the fiscal father.............

On 10 September 2016 at 0:05 PM, Rc2702 said:

Bib - boys in blue

IMO - in my opinion

IMHO -  in my honest opinion or humble. 

also no offence because your written english is great but coma is what people fall into usually after an accident or something like that. Deep sleep, 50/50 if they wake up. Comma is the grammatical term which everyone who knows english would have understood from your context. Grammar is not really required IMO when posting and thanks for your excellent english thus far and if you ever stuck or want an answer like BIB or other acronyms or pretty much anything then google is a great teacher.

Is it not "Boys in Brown" (BIB)?

Please, will some kind soul let me know what these two stand for (1) IMO and (2) BIB  

I see these often on the forum but couldn't make out what they mean.

Do I put a coma after Please?  Someone once said to me, "watch what you do with the coma and apostrophe it changes the meaning of the sentence".

Much obliged if you could enlighten me.

IMO = In my opinion
BiB. = Boys in (Brown/Black) = Thai police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, mesterm said:

You can buy it on credit and pay back monthly.

I am well aware of the finance option. But one needs a deposit, possibly a substantial one, and an additional source of income, which according to the wife he was always short of readies.  So, unless the wife has a nest egg plus a secret source of income, the purchase of a car needs a bit more explaining, don't you think?

30 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I am well aware of the finance option. But one needs a deposit, possibly a substantial one, and an additional source of income, which according to the wife he was always short of readies.  So, unless the wife has a nest egg plus a secret source of income, the purchase of a car needs a bit more explaining, don't you think?

You can get a car for a 5000-10000 thb deposit.

On 9/13/2016 at 9:29 AM, mesterm said:

You can get a car for a 5000-10000 thb deposit.

And you can get a car for one hundred thousand baht deposit -and the repayments are lower.  As neither of us knows what happened and the finances involved, it's speculation. That's why I suggested it needs clarifying. 

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

And you can get a car for one hundred thousand baht deposit -and the repayments are lower.  As neither of us knows what happened and the finances involved, it's speculation. That's why I suggested it needs clarifying. 

You said "So, unless the wife has a nest egg plus a secret source of income, the purchase of a car needs a bit more explaining, don't you think?"

I'm saying it's possible to get a car without a nest egg plus secret source of income. I don't think there is some big mystery that needs clarifying here, since it is easy enough for Thais to get cars.

1 minute ago, mesterm said:

You said "So, unless the wife has a nest egg plus a secret source of income, the purchase of a car needs a bit more explaining, don't you think?"

I'm saying it's possible to get a car without a nest egg plus secret source of income. I don't think there is some big mystery that needs clarifying here, since it is easy enough for Thais to get cars.

As I've said, it needs clarification. And it is not 'easy' enough for Thais to get cars, particularly when finance is involved. There are several hoops to jump through and satisfy before finance is granted - a means test is one. That is, if it was a finance deal. Back to my original statement. It needs clarifying.

As you are not able to, why do you persist in posting speculation?  Why not post on my observations re the Koh Tao case instead - that's more interesting.

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

As I've said, it needs clarification. And it is not 'easy' enough for Thais to get cars, particularly when finance is involved. There are several hoops to jump through and satisfy before finance is granted - a means test is one. That is, if it was a finance deal. Back to my original statement. It needs clarifying.

In Bangkok it is easy, if you look around. Perhaps it's not the same where you're at.

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

As you are not able to, why do you persist in posting speculation?  Why not post on my observations re the Koh Tao case instead - that's more interesting.

Not sure, you're the one who brought up this odd point about how she afforded the car, when the story/case is really more about the husband pretending to be a police officer, swindling her of money and cheating on her.

On 9/15/2016 at 11:00 AM, mesterm said:

In Bangkok it is easy, if you look around. Perhaps it's not the same where you're at.

Not sure, you're the one who brought up this odd point about how she afforded the car, when the story/case is really more about the husband pretending to be a police officer, swindling her of money and cheating on her.

So where did she get the money to buy him a car? I suggest a fictitious police officer wouldn't pass any finance test, would he?  how many more times do I need to say it needs clarification. Why? Because the reported story doesn't make sense if the guy was broke most of the time.

4 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

So where did she get the money to buy him a car? I suggest a fictitious police officer wouldn't pass any finance test, would he?  how many more times do I need to say it needs clarification. Why? Because the reported story doesn't make sense if the guy was broke most of the time.

She got the money from her savings either because she works, or from her family. The guy was broke, doesn't mean she was. There are many Thai men who live off their wives.

On 09/09/2016 at 10:05 PM, Rc2702 said:

Bib - boys in blue

IMO - in my opinion

IMHO -  in my honest opinion or humble. 

also no offence because your written english is great but coma is what people fall into usually after an accident or something like that. Deep sleep, 50/50 if they wake up. Comma is the grammatical term which everyone who knows english would have understood from your context. Grammar is not really required IMO when posting and thanks for your excellent english thus far and if you ever stuck or want an answer like BIB or other acronyms or pretty much anything then google is a great teacher.

Now that you pointed out my "coma", I have this strange feeling that my whole life up till now have been a "walking coma", you know what I mean? No wonder I made so many mistakes in my relationship(especially with women) , business deal, I was walking around in a coma. Oh my god, I have just woke up from a "coma", after all these years.

Whoever invented "Grammar" did not have a kind heart so many English school boys failed their french simply because they paid too much attention on grammar and not learning listening skills.

If ever I become a language teacher the first thing I tell my pupils will be , "don't become pre-occupied with grammar, you will make mistakes with grammar whether you like it or not, no big deal, make as many grammatical mistakes as you like but do correct them along the way, don't leave all over the places". Once my the pupil mind is free they will love to learn grammar, it becomes a game, everybody loves a good game.

You need to use reverse psychology to get them to love grammar.

"When the pupil is ready the master appears"-  Chinese Taoism.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

Now that you pointed out my "coma", I have this strange feeling that my whole life up till now have been a "walking coma", you know what I mean? No wonder I made so many mistakes in my relationship(especially with women) , business deal, I was walking around in a coma. Oh my god, I have just woke up from a "coma", after all these years.

Whoever invented "Grammar" did not have a kind heart so many English school boys failed their french simply because they paid too much attention on grammar and not learning listening skills.

If ever I become a language teacher the first thing I tell my pupils will be , "don't become pre-occupied with grammar, you will make mistakes with grammar whether you like it or not, no big deal, make as many grammatical mistakes as you like but do correct them along the way, don't leave all over the places". Once my the pupil mind is free they will love to learn grammar, it becomes a game, everybody loves a good game.

You need to use reverse psychology to get them to love grammar.

"When the pupil is ready the master appears"-  Chinese Taoism.

I just feel for the euro guys and anyone whose 1st language is not English.  Anyone with a bit of common sense whose 1st language is english can usually figure out very easily what is being said. Problem is some not all go off topic and try and ridicule  (joke) about lack of grammar. Stuff like that.

This is why I said -  No offence from the outset instead of a snide remark which happens on forums. Guilty by the way I like a snide remark every now and then but grammar is something I overlook. I use a phone for replies. If I was using a computer I would use grammar. A bit lazy too you could say.

Archived