"Now is the time to do something" - Police to act as crime wave overwhelms Hua Hin

rooster59

On 9/10/2016 at 3:48 AM, phartley58 said:

What about the expat residents? Do we not count...???

I suspect that tourism brings in FAR more revenue than the expats.  So sadly, I would say that expats really don't count.  Is my thinking wrong?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2016 at 3:32 PM, sahibji said:

Jools

some more constructive suggestions please like have have more police patrols in touristy areas and above all enforcement of the laws equally and fairly.

clueless, who do you think runs all the scams, who takes a cut of everything, who is the mafia...? The Police  "are" the problem, the "cure" is very simple

20 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

You know exactly what I meant.Can you as you have decided to list activities of you belive  the police do. So can you clarify with facts and figures other than quoting hearsay and other made up on here hard facts we will see. Start trawling the net hear from you soon. 

Because its all listed in the police  accounts  book every month isnt it !!!

On 9/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, Deepinthailand said:

So many experts on here why not form your own vigilante brigade and stop whining. Do you really know what you all come across like to readers here. Let the police do what they are doing if it works then appologise if not then whine like school girls.

Not hard to be an expert in Thailand , all it needs is an ounce of common sense.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2559 at 8:50 PM, Jim walker said:

The Thais are winning the battle to get rid of foreigners / tourists from Thailand its their country and Thais  don't need anyone else here. go away and stay away   

Yes. That's Thainess for you. I am leaving next year as soon as my affairs are settled here. Thank god. Don't ever want to come back to this shithole. Stuff them. I hope the country goes down the gurgler and their Chinese tourists dry up after being attacked and scammed on their holidays here.

19 hours ago, dslocum said:

I suspect that tourism brings in FAR more revenue than the expats.  So sadly, I would say that expats really don't count.  Is my thinking wrong?

dslocum,

Don't agree. The expats that live there all year round spend on housing, utilities, restaurants, bars, golf etc etc.

21 hours ago, phartley58 said:

dslocum,

Don't agree. The expats that live there all year round spend on housing, utilities, restaurants, bars, golf etc etc.

Correct - tourists, while probably spending proportionately more in their 2 or 3 weeks of bringing happiness to the people by their profuse distribution of banknotes, do not for the most part have to pay for utility bills or housing that the ex pat has to do all year round.

On 10/09/2016 at 8:50 PM, Jim walker said:

The Thais are winning the battle to get rid of foreigners / tourists from Thailand its their country and Thais  don't need anyone else here. go away and stay away   

I have been in Hua Hin 11 years and the only crooks I have encountered have been foreigners. Dealing with officialdom is better than my own country where the police in the UK were notorious for doing nothing. Cautioning delinquents, failing to go after burglars, not getting out of their flash cars, while allowing members of the 'funny handshake' and paedophile clubs to play unmolested. You cant draw breath without committing a crime, there are so many laws. Give me Thai police any day. The worst they have done is fine me for no helmet. 200 bt still makes me smile. When I left it was 120 Euros. Thai police have a better clear-up rate than most because uneducated peasants usually can't keep their mouths shut. In the Songkran video incident the guy kicking the old lady and punching the son, was first hit by the two Brits, who should have been charged with assault. I was there that night. It was an amazing evening. You couldn't get 10,000 drunken british youths to be as polite and friendly as the young Thai men were.

8 hours ago, Choctastic said:

I have been in Hua Hin 11 years and the only crooks I have encountered have been foreigners. Dealing with officialdom is better than my own country where the police in the UK were notorious for doing nothing. Cautioning delinquents, failing to go after burglars, not getting out of their flash cars, while allowing members of the 'funny handshake' and paedophile clubs to play unmolested. You cant draw breath without committing a crime, there are so many laws. Give me Thai police any day. The worst they have done is fine me for no helmet. 200 bt still makes me smile. When I left it was 120 Euros. Thai police have a better clear-up rate than most because uneducated peasants usually can't keep their mouths shut. In the Songkran video incident the guy kicking the old lady and punching the son, was first hit by the two Brits, who should have been charged with assault. I was there that night. It was an amazing evening. You couldn't get 10,000 drunken british youths to be as polite and friendly as the young Thai men were.

Sorry but " the guy kicking the old lady" doesn't exactly go hand in hand with "as polite and friendly as the young Thai men were."!

Archived