"Cheap" gated community south of Soi 112, tips please!

KIO

Hi all,

Hoping for a little bit of help as I'm not that familiar with the Hua Hin area.

Will be commuting (by car) Monday to Friday to Soi 89 (for a period of 5 moths) and will be staying the first 3 weeks upon arrival at a friends house at the "Dusita Village 1" off Soi 112. Having read some different threads I've come to the conclusion that the south of Hua Hin gives your more for your buck than the CBD and north. Also it makes little sense living on the northen side as one would have to pass the congested areas twice daily.

I'm looking for a 3-4 bed house in a gated community with a private pool fully furnished. Having done this type of "scouting" on several occasions around Thailand before (from Phuket to Bangkok to Khon Kaen) I'm looking for information on what sois and developments to drive around looking for as I rather rent straight from the owner and prefer avoiding agents. I'm not neccesarily looking for something brand new but rather something that gives me a good deal; if that means having to drive 17 minutes instead for 10 I will not have a problem with but the maximal (one way) comute time would be 20 minutes. Below 25K/month.

If someone first hand has somebody that offers this I will be willing paying the 5 months (23rd October-23rd March) up front and would be happy setting up a meeting via PM. All 3 of us; me, my wife and 8-year old son, are Swedish nationals and SEA expats for the past 9 years.

Cheers!

KIO

You should ask this question on the Hua Hin / Cha-am Expat Facebook page as well as Hua Hin Buy and Sell and Hua Hin Buy and Sale Facebook pages.  You'll likely get direct answers from people with villas to rent.  Good luck!

Moderators:  If I'm not allowed to mention specific Facebook pages, please delete... I'm not sure of the rules.

19 minutes ago, Redmouse said:

You should ask this question on the Hua Hin / Cha-am Expat Facebook page as well as Hua Hin Buy and Sell and Hua Hin Buy and Sale Facebook pages.  You'll likely get direct answers from people with villas to rent.  Good luck!

Moderators:  If I'm not allowed to mention specific Facebook pages, please delete... I'm not sure of the rules.

Many thanks for that info Redmouse. I don't have a FB account but will definetly create one for that purpuose if I don't get information enough in this thread.

KIO

25 minutes ago, Watertoy said:

We have a 3 Bed / 3 Bathroom House in The Emerald Green which is off Soi 112 and houses are relatively new. 

Looks very nice. Couldn't find it on Maps but from the pictures avaliable it looks about what we are looking for. What are the price points? Are there alot of "for rent" signs, or are you looking to let your house? If the second, please send me a PM and we'll arrange a viewing as soon as we are on site.

Edit: I found it on the map, the "phase 2" looks to have a larger percentage of houses with private pool than "phase 1" which is a must for us.

KIO

15 hours ago, nickmondo said:

just google houses to rent in hua hin, you will be presented with loads of different web sites......its so easy

That's just the thing nickmondo, then I will have to pay the premium which I stated in the original post I prefer not to. I've found several sites and have seen the pricerange's. What I was hoping getting help from on this forum was getting the "inside scoop" from the people actually living there eg. "this and that soi are good" or "I've seen several for rent signs when visiting a friend in that complex" etc.

Finding a property at a "reasonable" price in overdeveloped Thailand has, and will never be, a problem... but finding "the one" at a bargain usually takes a little bit more of ground work and preparation.

Cheers

KIO

4 hours ago, TenDreams said:

If you find a semi-new, furnished 3-4 bed private pool villa in the south of Hua Hin for under 25K per month, do not hesitate, TAKE IT there and then!

Do I indicate a tad of sarcasm in your post there TeanDreams :D...

Joking aside, I'm aware it might be a bit of a stretch on that budget getting a 4 bed but I do believe a 3 bed will be possible (as there's an abundance of 2 beds out there in the in the high teens to low 20s). I have 3 weeks of "scouting" time and as I have learned over my 7 years in the mainly touristier parts of Thailand; people love hard cash up front. I've negotiated listings from 40k/month down to 22k/month. Even easier when approaching the propertys which still are avaliable as the high season gets closer as (some of) the owners get a bit nervous that it's still empty and are willing to get at least "some" cash flow.

I will of course in the end post my findings here, hoping that it will help others but also, if I'm waaay of course, man up and inform on what I in the end had to pay.

KIO

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

We have a 3 Bed / 2 Bathroom House with pool in Ban Thai village 2, which is off Soi 70, 6 km East Hua Hin. 

Hi Borzandy,

Thank you for your reply. Please send me your details by PM with price and some pictures and I'll call you when I get down and we'll set up a viewing.

Cheers

KIO

On 12/09/2016 at 9:30 PM, KIO said:

Do I indicate a tad of sarcasm in your post there TeanDreams :D...

Joking aside, I'm aware it might be a bit of a stretch on that budget getting a 4 bed but I do believe a 3 bed will be possible (as there's an abundance of 2 beds out there in the in the high teens to low 20s). I have 3 weeks of "scouting" time and as I have learned over my 7 years in the mainly touristier parts of Thailand; people love hard cash up front. I've negotiated listings from 40k/month down to 22k/month. Even easier when approaching the propertys which still are avaliable as the high season gets closer as (some of) the owners get a bit nervous that it's still empty and are willing to get at least "some" cash flow.

I will of course in the end post my findings here, hoping that it will help others but also, if I'm waaay of course, man up and inform on what I in the end had to pay.

KIO

I know what you mean. I have moved from Uttaradit and had a 5 bed house with 2 verandas, garden, and carport. 4,000 baht. I am in a house here for a month while I look foir a 2 bed place that is not surrounded by soi dogs and dogs of other descriptions

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, update time then!

Before I spill the beans I will admit to be taken a little bit of guard (compared to the situation on Phuket) of the Hua Hin housing situation. Meaning up here it really is the sellers market. Me and the Mrs. have litterally driven into every single development south of Soi 112 and found less than a handful object in our range and all of them (as they were not via an agent) had serious owner issues we felt would most probably become a problem in regards to salvaging the deposit.

We then, after the first week of 450 km of scouting, started contacting several agents and here comes something taking us even more off guard; 9 out of 10 agents bloody didn't even get back to us (again, as opposed to Phuket you would be held by the end of all of your limbs and happy to be alive after they fought for your business)!

Finally we did find the most professional real estate firm who catered to our needs entirely and in less than 18 h of initial contact showed us several propertys (this is on Wendsday last week), one of which we signed the papers on 2 days later! I'm not sure about the "advertising" rules here on the forum but if someone wants to know what firm that helped us, send me a PM and I'll let you know.

Did we get everything we in the beginning was hoping for... no. Are we happy with what we got... yes!

The house, a large 2 bedroom (same size as most Thai 3 beds) with a 8 by 4 m pool is located high up on Soi 70 in a smallish project called Baan Mio (was called someting else before). Main reason for us wanting a 3 bed is that the bedrooms are usually so small that we wanted using the 3rd one as a play/toy room for our 8-year old but in this case we'll give him the master bed which is huge and will fit everything for him. I believe it's from 2012 or 2013 and has European type of inventory eg. built in oven, warm water washing mashine, central warm water heater, en suite bath in both bedrooms, full size (180 cm) beds in both rooms etc. Scandinavian owners = extremly well maintained; initially we thought it was brand new.

Location, which was our "main" concern due to the daily commute to Soi 89, is actually better than one would expect when you look at the map. I have scouted the times and in the morning, to avoid heavy traffic, I will be driving the backroads which take 16-19 minutes. On the way back, which is at 2 pm I will continue driving the main road (12 minutes) untill I notice the change to high season and will drive the backroads home as well. Drove from the Hilton at noon on Saturday and it took me 6 minutes.

Overall, we are feeling good with what we have signed the papers on. We managed negotiating down the price to 25 k/month.

Thanks for all the help here on Thaivisa!

Cheers

KIO

Soi 70.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:07 PM, Watertoy said:

We have a 3 Bed / 3 Bathroom House in The Emerald Green which is off Soi 112 and houses are relatively new. 

I have lived around hua hin for the last 4 years and stayed in a few gated communities.Some are tragic and rundown after a few years, no one paying their monthly maintenance fee is the obvious problem.

I have to say after visiting my friend who lives on the emerald green, this would have to be one of the nicest, well run gated community( for its price range) in Hua Hin. They have a very pro active juristic community run by a board of five residents, all the 100 or so residents pay their monthly maintenance on time, or there are repercussions.One house was used as a weekend party house for bangkokians which was immediately stamped out. Their maintenace slush fund is healthy and re invested back into the community.

If my plans of returning to my home country next year don't pan out , i will definitely look at buying or renting on this estate.

Just for clarification, i don't personally know this forum members house, i was making a comment on the village in general.

Archived