Hua Hin beach encroachment - top provincial policeman wants action as saga rolls on

rooster59

Hua Hin beach encroachment - top provincial policeman wants action as saga rolls on

61.jpg
Image: Thai News Agency

HUA HIN:-- Two years after a court judgment in the long running Hua Hin beach encroachment case nothing has been done to clear the area of illegal hotels, seafood restaurants and guest houses.

Now the deputy provincial police chief wants answers as to why nothing has been done. The court has ordered structures in the area between San Jao Mae Thap Thim and the Saphan Pla Hua Hin bridge to be pulled down.

Eight arrest warrants were issued on September 10th 2014. And only recently did the local authority issue half-hearted directives to resolve the issue.

Local cops have done nothing to enforce the court's orders.

The case originally came to light way back in 2003 and legal wranglings went on for more than a decade.

Now Jatchai Rianmek, the deputy chief of the Prajuab Khirikhan provincial police, wants to know why the dozens of people involved in the encroachment have not yet been brought to book.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-11

i like going to those restaurants over the water when i visit hua hin. i think they are an asset to tourism. would be a better idea to issue leases and charge rents rather than knock them down, which is probably not going to happen anyway. this is how a similar solution was found to an area on south jomtien where a friend of mine runs drifters caffe. top spot.

I was under the impression that these constructions were 'squid piers ' that had been there a long time. The guest houses and restaurants have always been popular and are part of the character of the area.

If they are torn down no doubt a modern development will materialise from thin air , only the ' right ' people are entitled to encroach it seems.

Archived