Climax Bangkok where the party never stops! Unless the soldiers come...

webfact

Climax Bangkok where the party never stops! Unless the soldiers come...

p1.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Soldiers put an end to Sunday night parties at three venues in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, last night.

One was the after hours meeting place Climax that advertises itself on the internet "where the party never stops", reported tnamcot.

The raids were conducted after members of the public complained about after hours opening.

Climax was indeed opening after hours as were Daawat Indian Restaurant and Nightclub on the lobby floor of the same Ambassador Hotel complex in Soi 11 as well as the Beam Pub in Thong Lor, Soi 55.

At Daawat the raiding party found 40 illegal shisha pipes and 2.6 kilos of shisha tobacco and ten foreigners without their passports.

At Beam 150 urine tests for drugs were carried out with one foreigner charged after coming up purple for a positive result.

All three venues were charged with opening after hours with Daawat facing further charges for the shisha offences.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-12

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

At Daawat the raiding party found 40 illegal shisha pipes and 2.6 kilos of shisha tobacco and ten foreigners without their passports.

Only 10? 

Does anyone take their passport with them on a night out in Bangkok?

I don't...

7 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

wow CLIMAX raided by the soldiers, bet the HILARY GROUP not happy, probably pissed off as they wern't given two cars. go on, buy them a tank, keep them sweet, lol !! yes the soldiers rule in this country.

Ahhh...we have one who loves Thailand for its corruption. 

Don't worry!  There is still Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar... 

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Why exactly are the military in peacetime roaming the capital city and policing opening hours? In fact why are the military in peacetime outside the barracks at all?

Doing the job of the corrupt BIB. Would you prefer corruption was allowed to flourish unchecked?

Cue change of subject.

1 minute ago, prestburypark said:

Uh, there was a coup and the Army is running the country , keep up.

Even when not running the country the military are involved in so much as they like status.

The western idea of only operating domestically IN SUPPORT of the civil powers doesn't sit well.

2 minutes ago, prestburypark said:

Uh, there was a coup and the Army is running the country , keep up.

Fair enough; sack the entire public sector workforce and have soldiers do it instead. Think of the savings and the elimination of even a whiff of corruption...

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Only 10? 

Does anyone take their passport with them on a night out in Bangkok?

I don't...

I do. The deal in current Thailand, especially Bangkok, is you either carry your passport or you can spend a night in the most uncomfortable accommodation that Thailand has to offer.

Yes, I know that you can hold a photocopy of your details page and your entry stamp/visa/permit page. But I know folks who have still had to spend some hours in aforementioned uncomfortable accommodation even though they has said photocopies.

Yes, it used to be the case that if you stayed out of places that were open after hours, avoided places where gambling, drugs or other illegal stuff was going on and you behaved yourself (did not get into fights, throw your cig buts on the ground or any "criminal" activity) you would never have to even show your passport to any authority figure. Alas, in the current climate you can be arbitrarily stopped on the street, as has happened to me. You can be a tourist enjoying yourself in a nightclub and be stopped (as a tourist, would you know when it is illegal for a nightclub to remain open for business?)

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Why exactly are the military in peacetime roaming the capital city and policing opening hours? In fact why are the military in peacetime outside the barracks at all?

Before article 44, this might be misconstrued as martial law, but thanks to the nimble minds of the Thai military it has been called something else.  This is so people could purchase travel insurance when traveling to or through Thailand.  

I think the party in Bangkok has been over for a long time.  I barely go out anymore.  It is just not that much fun anymore. 

4 hours ago, mania said:

Thai license is sufficient if you have one as it has passport number on it.

Please don't post incorrect info.  Your license doesn't have your current visa.  Which indicates whether you are in the country legally or not.

Sometimes, all they will accept is the original passport.  And for good reasons.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Doing the job of the corrupt BIB. Would you prefer corruption was allowed to flourish unchecked?

Cue change of subject.

At least before the junta, life in Bangkok was fun.  Many business owners complain today of things being slow.  Regardless of whether this part of  a " global downturn " or ruining a perfectly good country by deposing an elected government, having soldiers shutdown popular venues is just bad business.  Nothing the junta has done has made Thailand a hub or a destination for investment.

14 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

At least before the junta, life in Bangkok was fun.  Many business owners complain today of things being slow.  Regardless of whether this part of  a " global downturn " or ruining a perfectly good country by deposing an elected government, having soldiers shutdown popular venues is just bad business.  Nothing the junta has done has made Thailand a hub or a destination for investment.

It still is fun

These raids don't happen that often.

I was out until 6am on soi 11 on Friday night

Archived