Climax Bangkok where the party never stops! Unless the soldiers come...

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

At least before the junta, life in Bangkok was fun.  Many business owners complain today of things being slow.  Regardless of whether this part of  a " global downturn " or ruining a perfectly good country by deposing an elected government, having soldiers shutdown popular venues is just bad business.  Nothing the junta has done has made Thailand a hub or a destination for investment.

So once more, we hear that "popular" means you should be able to ignore the nation's laws.

If they are prepared to pay a big enough bribe, they should be able to stay open until 5 while law abiding businesses shut at 2?

3 hours ago, halloween said:

Doing the job of the corrupt BIB. Would you prefer corruption was allowed to flourish unchecked?

Cue change of subject.

Damn all wowsers and thought police, if adults are enjoying a lawful persuit in an admittingly unlawful premises why not punish the building owner and ignore the customers? "but they're breaking the law, gasp!" Please go away and take your blue nose with you! :bah::wai:

OK so this is good ????  who would want to come for a good time in Bangkok .. A few years ago almost every full blooded male one would think. but now they are not coming to spend their money . i would have thought that any one in power would have the sense to keep the tourist coming.  Naaaaaa all finished now  is a place for retired foke who are honest and good citizens who never break the law. 

Just like the good retired Thai citizens  . True honest and non corrupted. those who never worry about making money .   Not met one yet after 16 years .. but then im only here for the weather !.  

18 minutes ago, halloween said:

So once more, we hear that "popular" means you should be able to ignore the nation's laws.

If they are prepared to pay a big enough bribe, they should be able to stay open until 5 while law abiding businesses shut at 2?

Yep! that sums it up nicely. Bribery has always been with us, isn't it what polies do every election, bribe the voters?:whistling::wai:

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Why exactly are the military in peacetime roaming the capital city and policing opening hours? In fact why are the military in peacetime outside the barracks at all?

didn't you hear... we had a coup... they're in charge...

climax disco is in the basement/parking level of ambassador hotel with no residential places close to be bothered by music. the music db level at the entrance is quite low.

the army were polite and humble. they did not conduct body searches or urine testing as the police typically do in hopes of finding ways to extort cash.

apparently climax is aligned with the police which can explain why they stay open very late.

it seemed the army wanted to make a statement so the police will know who the boss is.

detaining all inside for 2 hours was part of that statement.

20 minutes ago, TPI said:

Damn all wowsers and thought police, if adults are enjoying a lawful persuit in an admittingly unlawful premises why not punish the building owner and ignore the customers? "but they're breaking the law, gasp!" Please go away and take your blue nose with you! :bah::wai:

I can't see any reason not to punish owner, management and customers.

BTW I used to wake up every morning at 5am when the music from a bar nearly a km away stopped. I could sleep through the noise, but when them jungle drums stop, you get nervous. But people should put up with that because adults are enjoying themselves and the BIB are getting their bribe.

1 hour ago, seajae said:

because the police refuse to do the job as they are usually in receipt of  incentives to look the other way or havent you noticed that the military have been in on all the raids recently and surprise surprise they are actually catching them all where the police usually find nothing due to them being for warned. 

So in other words, 'I have no idea but I think it's great'. The rest of your post is just white noise. You don't know that the army has been in on each and every raid, you don't know that they are "actually catching them all" and you don't know the police are refusing to do their job, or are you suggesting they are on strike?

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

If that's what they mean, they should say so.

I'm led to believe that it isn't always the case.

That said always worked for me to have a photocopy of my passport...mind I don't get into much trouble these days.

If you have a pink card then that should be OK, it is about having a visa so any photo ID that also verifies that you are legal in Thailand should be OK, some people have a normal Thai ID card, not sure if a driving license is enough though, but a photocopy of your passport is suppose to be, and of course you do not actually need to get in any trouble to be ID'd, you could just be walking down the street when the decide to check every foreign looking person as has been happening to people in Pattaya recently.

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Why exactly are the military in peacetime roaming the capital city and policing opening hours? In fact why are the military in peacetime outside the barracks at all?

This is a throwback to historic time and continues to this day,  most of Asia except Singapore and Malaysia( ex British rule ) use their soldiers alongside police , indeed a new batch of soldiers in Cambodia were told that they are their to help the elderly , the poor and to protect the borders from war mongering countries, wonder who that refers to

1 hour ago, starchild5 said:

This is how it rolls in poor third world countries..if you don't like it ..you are always free to go to liberal, politically correct, human rights upholding Europe and America anytime :clap2:

Where the beer cost 4 Euros and girls 100 Euros for 1 hour and ohh yeah, you party with a cover charge , -10 degrees and crap vibe crowd...

This is needed to maintain the status quo....

Thai-Chinese are NOT stupid...

So what do really people want here..NO passport checking, No urine tests, No closing down venues and it becomes the mecca for illegal migrants, drug dealers and criminals.

The low life live in these areas..so with regular checks....it make sure that, no criminals can have their "FAVORITE HUNTING GROUND"....With frequent raids everyone are on the MOVE...

Criminals cannot just call buddies and say...lets just get drunk, sell drugs and steal in Climax tonight

I support this regular raids...keeps bad guys out...Climax has been raided before and its back as usual..

For many it not poor nor 3rd world,

but

I see you use the "go home if you dont like it" line

and

that means no more be said about your lack of understanding

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Only 10? 

Does anyone take their passport with them on a night out in Bangkok?

I don't...

Maybe there were only 10 foreigners inside the place,  which would mean 100%.  No way to tell from the information given. 

7 hours ago, trogers said:

Ahhh...we have one who loves Thailand for its corruption. 

Don't worry!  There is still Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar... 

"Ahhh...we have one who loves Thailand for its corruption. "

No, you misread. He was knocking the army not supporting it.

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

hasnt stopped yet as having fun in thailand (spending money) is quite resilient. army sure are trying however. must be annoying the cops who have vested interests in these late night bars.

How do we know that the Army doesn't have similar vested interests? 

Archived