Climax Bangkok where the party never stops! Unless the soldiers come...

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jspill said:

Their own pamphlet says a copy is ok

16TbQqd.png

This is great. Thanks for the post. I always carry my original passport and don't find it a hassle. I'm also not sure what constitutes a "proper checkpoint" or what a "commissioned officer" looks like.

does this mean you could have insisted to do a urine test at a police station? Are these rules upheld when the military do them? I'm surprised only one person showed positive. 

36 minutes ago, alofthailand said:

licensing laws are no business of the ####.

But while the junta is in power, corruption is. Don't be surprised if tomorrow we hear of senior BIB being asked to explain why certain establishments are allowed to break the licensing laws.

Google 'climax bangkok' and you don't only get their illegal opening hours, you get a graph showing that 2-5am is the when the bulk of their business occurs.

6 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

This is great. Thanks for the post. I always carry my original passport and don't find it a hassle. I'm also not sure what constitutes a "proper checkpoint" or what a "commissioned officer" looks like.

does this mean you could have insisted to do a urine test at a police station? Are these rules upheld when the military do them? I'm surprised only one person showed positive. 

I think you could insist but that might result in loss of face for them and even possibly more harassment for you.

I was stopped on my way from Cha-am to Mueang Phetchaburi once (50kms) and I always go to the bathroom before driving.

the officers asking me to pee in the cup on the side of the highway behind some little shack did not speak English enough to understand that simple fact.

I am sure they would have held me there an hour until I could pee. hah

6 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I think you could insist but that might result in loss of face for them and even possibly more harassment for you.

I was stopped on my way from Cha-am to Mueang Phetchaburi once (50kms) and I always go to the bathroom before driving.

the officers asking me to pee in the cup on the side of the highway behind some little shack did not speak English enough to understand that simple fact.

Yes... I'm not looking forward to the day it happens to me. I'm concerned that the sample could be tampered with on the side of the road behind a shack. But I guess the same problem could happen at the station.

I always thought that the illegal opening hours are actually legal because the place technically is a hotel? Like in Patong where everything closes at 2am sharp but the Chang Club as the only place is allowed to stay open late (with the music volume down after 6am).

What do these urine tests test for?

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

The usual paranoiacs and miseries claiming one news story means Bangkok is no fun any more.

Meanwhile some of us are having a whale of a time. 

There should be no concern about soldiers raiding places of business ?   Do you think your "whale of a time" will continue if soldiers keep raiding popular venues ?   Wish I felt the same as you about Bangkok.  It was once a wonderful place.

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Only 10? 

Does anyone take their passport with them on a night out in Bangkok?

I don't...

You would have to be an idiot to go out drinking late night with your passport.  And, why are the pipes illegal?

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Doing the job of the corrupt BIB. Would you prefer corruption was allowed to flourish unchecked?

Cue change of subject.

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Before article 44, this might be misconstrued as martial law, but thanks to the nimble minds of the Thai military it has been called something else.  This is so people could purchase travel insurance when traveling to or through Thailand.  

I think the party in Bangkok has been over for a long time.  I barely go out anymore.  It is just not that much fun anymore. 

I think that one went straight over your head pumpkin head

clearly you don't get it

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

At least before the junta, life in Bangkok was fun.  Many business owners complain today of things being slow.  Regardless of whether this part of  a " global downturn " or ruining a perfectly good country by deposing an elected government, having soldiers shutdown popular venues is just bad business.  Nothing the junta has done has made Thailand a hub or a destination for investment.

Have you not been in Thailand that long?? Long before the army did raid the police from time to time would do raids. This has been happening for as long as I can remember which I started coming to Thailand early/mid 90's. Nothing has changed just the uniform. 

2 hours ago, kekalot said:

I wonder why so many roadside urine test in this province, do terrorists take drugs ?!

Where is this check ? Road between Cha-am an Mueang Phetchaburi ?

I will be puffing on my shisha in Dudley next week,  god i do miss a pipe

That's what living in the middle east does for you and yes before anyone says.... it if i wasn't married to my thai wife i would retire in Cairo or Sanaa prior to the Saudi bombings.

i used to love the arab quarter  in Bangkok sitting having a pipe 

If anyone hasn't yet figured this out- the Junta is intent on cleaning up Bangkok's nightlife. The military conducts the raids because they want to make sure a place is actually raided. As one poster indicated- Bangkok in general as well as Pataya have lost their allure. Many places are up for sale and many have been sold . Unfortunately, the buyers will face more of the same- not enough customers and a dwindling customer base.Instead of lowering prices because of the downturn they insist on keeping prices way too high and then increasing them again- leading to more loss of business. Climax and those like it won't be around too much longer along with Nana and Cowboy. The new sheriff doesn't care for these type of places and the customers are going to other countries for cheaper entertainment.

What nonsense. There is no evidence of this. Raids were carried out before the coup as well. Nothing has changed or will change now that the military are in charge.

6 hours ago, starchild5 said:

This is how it rolls in poor third world countries..if you don't like it ..you are always free to go to liberal, politically correct, human rights upholding Europe and America anytime :clap2:

Where the beer cost 4 Euros and girls 100 Euros for 1 hour and ohh yeah, you party with a cover charge , -10 degrees and crap vibe crowd...

This is needed to maintain the status quo....

Thai-Chinese are NOT stupid...

So what do really people want here..NO passport checking, No urine tests, No closing down venues and it becomes the mecca for illegal migrants, drug dealers and criminals.

The low life live in these areas..so with regular checks....it make sure that, no criminals can have their "FAVORITE HUNTING GROUND"....With frequent raids everyone are on the MOVE...

Criminals cannot just call buddies and say...lets just get drunk, sell drugs and steal in Climax tonight

I support this regular raids...keeps bad guys out...Climax has been raided before and its back as usual..

Apart from the -10 degrees part, it seems like Thailand is moving pretty quickly towards the Europe and America situation you so despise.

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What nonsense. There is no evidence of this. Raids were carried out before the coup as well. Nothing has changed or will change now that the military are in charge.

To support your case, here is a newspaper article from 1969. Pretty sure the military were in charge back then as well.

DSC00784.JPG

12 minutes ago, charmonman said:

To support your case, here is a newspaper article from 1969. Pretty sure the military were in charge back then as well.

DSC00784.JPG

I bet somebody wrote in to the letters page to say Bangkok was no fun any more, or predicting it would be the death of the Thai tourist industry...

1 hour ago, hohososo said:

What do these urine tests test for?

I think for "ya ba" which I reckon are  amphetamines..

45 minutes ago, AsianExport said:

I wonder why so many roadside urine test in this province, do terrorists take drugs ?!

Where is this check ? Road between Cha-am an Mueang Phetchaburi ?

if I am not mistaken it was a little bit after the Tha Yang lights which are the only lights in between Cha-am and Phetchaburi city.

the annoyance here is that it's about a 20 minutes drive after having already went to the bathroom..

that particular time they were VERY excited to figure out that I was a farang.. I wear a motocross helmet with tinted goggles but as soon as he figured me out he started shouting "farang! farang!" and pointing to me.

Archived