PM Prayut says Thailand will be corruption-free in 20 years

webfact

PM says Thailand will be corruption-free in 20 years

on.jpg

BANGKOK, 12 September 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government will not intervene in the Thai justice system, while urging everyone to cooperate with the government to combat corruption. 

Presiding over the opening ceremony of the government's Anti-Corruption Day event, the premier said that corruption is the cause of social unrest and prevents the country from growing and developing in a sustainable way. 

Gen Prayut said the Anti-Corruption Day event aimed to encourage everyone in the country to fight against all types of graft, to augment the government’s ongoing efforts. He further stated that every corruption-related case must be handled fairly, according to the legal procedures. The premier affirmed that the government will not interfere with the legal process. 

He also cited the need to instill in younger generations negative attitudes towards corruption, in order to prevent it from occurring in the future. Gen Prayut also expressed confidence that Thailand will be free of graft in 20 years, as his government has an effective plan in place. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-12

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No interference in the justice system so that must mean the wealth of some junta members can be examined, NO sorry that was placed off limits in the earliest days of the coup.

I take it he intends to be around in 20 years to see his plan to fruition.

More ridiculous comments and application as usual will be selective.

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government will not intervene in the Thai justice system,

:cheesy:

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

the premier said that corruption is the cause of social unrest and prevents the country from growing and developing in a sustainable way.

Some of us have been arguing that for years...

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Gen Prayut also expressed confidence that Thailand will be free of graft in 20 years,

I wish you all the best, but I really can't see it happening.

Anyone can make wishful predictions for the next 20 years, and who's going to hold

them to in in 20 years pray tell? predictions in this country don't even last 20 weeks,

much less 20 years, the French have a saying:  Apres moi le deluge , (after me, the big

deluge can come and I don't care)....

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Anyone can make wishful predictions for the next 20 years, and who's going to hold

them to in in 20 years pray tell? predictions in this country don't even last 20 weeks,

much less 20 years, the French have a saying:  Apres moi le deluge , (after me, the big

deluge can come and I don't care)....

Apres Moi Le Deluge also the motto of 617 Squadron, the Dambusters.

The PM reckons Thailand will be corruption free in 20 years :cheesy::cheesy:

The poor man is living in la-la land if he thinks that will happen.

First they have to get the army corruption free !! IMPOSSIBLE !!

Next the RTP, then the civil servants who will not perform their roles without back handers.

When he has sorted this out Thailand will be corruption free.

Not in my lifetime or his is it even remotely likely to happen.

Lol, always manages make his next comedy show better & better .
in 2yrs they not even been able get lottery tickets sold at fixed price but in 10x that time can fix all corruption 100% !!! what a load of bull ....

As for interfering in justice system, well been doing plenty of that when suits them such as yingluck etc . interfering in the Koh Tao case and current DSI death would of been good if wanted root out corruption but seems more like buttering over top of it to reduce visibility & sourness ...

Pathetic effort from a man who can't even show his own & families wealth for reasons we can imagine are very much the substance of what he claiming to combat  :-S  !

Time for another reboot Bangers street party lol ... I love a good protest & the current show needs a new script writer or axing :-)

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

He should start by making the Army corruption free. 

He should start by restoring democracy with an effective democratically elected government, reforming the military and making it accountable to the democratically elected government (not the other way around), removing military personnel from all government positions and board/management positions in all state enterprises, and establishing government-appointed independent oversight bodies for both the military and RTP, and making their budgets transparent... Oh, sorry, I went off on a tangent there!

Archived