Working 35h per week at university for 30k?

Nokkeaw

20 minutes ago, jadee said:

Out of curiosity, why do unis pay so low? I've only ever taught in schools and assumed that with uni fees being significantly higher than school fees, uni positions would be better remunerated. What gives?

With younger students there is a premium for 'behavior management'. At unis students are somewhat better behaved, not any more interested but at least you don't have to chase little jarakit around the room while the rest of the class howls in side splitting laughter.

Some where in the post or about it, some have written if the work permit and the visa processing are covered, it is fine. This was a over 60, just want something to do Mr or Ms  Dude.

The schools or universities process the paper, thus the paper work processing runs more smoothly... for some that is worth it, and salary is not the issue...to some degree...hint they planned their baht...

On 29/9/2559 at 9:05 PM, tonray said:

With younger students there is a premium for 'behavior management'. At unis students are somewhat better behaved, not any more interested but at least you don't have to chase little jarakit around the room while the rest of the class howls in side splitting laughter.

True but the lucky have to deal with the yaba crazed student in class, making a muck of things, only to find out it is a administrator's son..

On 13/09/2016 at 8:44 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

i have to agree. i have met and talked to many english teachers since i moved here. i dont tend to associate with them however as they tend to live pretty miserable lives. low pay and getting treated badly by the school that resents paying foreign teachers more than its own thai teachers. different in the international schools of course. maybe do it for a year for the experience but dont plan to do it as a long term gig, turns most people sour.

I think you will find those that teach in Thailand do so because they can't do it in their home country, except maybe Philippines. Why would you work for $1000 a month in Thailand when you can work for $10,000+ a month in Australia? Pleas don't tell me it's so you can live like a peasant in Thailand!

22 minutes ago, Wazza1 said:

I think you will find those that teach in Thailand do so because they can't do it in their home country, except maybe Philippines. Why would you work for $1000 a month in Thailand when you can work for $10,000+ a month in Australia? Pleas don't tell me it's so you can live like a peasant in Thailand!

thailand is like a drug, i remember how unhappy i was when i went home after my first holiday. only cure was booking another holiday back here. i was lucky i managed to set up a business to stay here for the last 10 years. will head home in a few years so the kids can go to school but i wont be happy about it. working as a teacher for that sort of money is a waste of life.

If you want, I can do all that you get my job next May making 33 K/month, only teaching 20 something hours.

Teaching grade two/thee and four EP students also science and math. Please page me if you like noise. 

Archived