Light fingered Thai maid arrested as she returns to the scene of her crime

webfact

Light fingered Thai maid arrested as she returns to the scene of her crime

p1.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Thai maid who stole nearly half a million baht from a Japanese woman last month returned to do some more "cleaning up" yesterday and was promptly arrested by waiting police.

Chiha Nakakawa, 35, contacted Yannawa, Bangkok, police in August after 450,000 baht she had in yen banknotes went missing from her apartment in State Tower, Silom. She had hired Paiboon (or Or) Wiset, 41, to do a morning's cleaning for 500 baht, reported Thairath.

Yesterday the cops laid in wait after the Japanese lady, a private businesswoman, hired her again to do some more work. Paiboon was arrested on the ground floor.

A search of her rooms revealed 135,000 baht and 700,000 yen. She had already spent part of the loot.

Admitting the crime she told police that she had done it many times before but it was always small sums and the owners had not reported the thefts.

Police said that if there are members of the public who think they have fallen victim to the maid they should go to Yannawa police

station where she is being held on charges of theft.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-14

37 minutes ago, Mangkorndang said:

Mercy but she must have put up one hell of a tussle....Still the BIB cannot be wrong.  Seven of their hulking finest to ensure her arrest and processing.  I sleep so well at nights knowing they are on the job.

I mean seven coppers, one or two offences and a little Thai maid.

maybe a file photo only.

42 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Chiha Nakakawa is totally stupid to keep the money visible for the maid to steal. I think she is, the one who keeps 450,000 Baht left for the theft.

Doesn't she have common sense to buy a safe or lock somewhere Maid don't have access.

there are a lot of people who still have faith in humanity and assume that the hired help will just do the job she is hired for and not go beyond that.

Light fingered and stupid,if she thought the Japanese woman would 

not miss,450,000 THB (in Yen),returned to the scene of the crime,

hoping to steal more,BUT the Japanese woman has to take some

responsibility too,for not keeping the money locked up out of sight.

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Chiha Nakakawa is totally stupid to keep the money visible for the maid to steal. I think she is, the one who keeps 450,000 Baht left for the theft.

Doesn't she have common sense to buy a safe or lock somewhere Maid don't have access.

She is Japanese. and such crimes are very rare where she comes from. Different culture, which the businesswoman should have been aware of.

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

her face is not shown in the photo.

Yeah blurring faces has been done many times before. The recent statement I believe was so that the parading will not happen anymore, which is why these weapon and drug carrying students were not seen in the report: 

Poor lass being so desperate that she gave way to the temptation stupidly left around by her employer.

Even though our own few domestic staff have been with us years, knowing they are not rich, nor will ever be, we still leave nothing in the way of temptation; cash, valuables, booze etc. within reach. 

Now this maid not only loses her (reasonably paid) position, her reputation, but also possibly her liberty.

If her employer has anything about her, she'll admit her imbecility and liability in this case and ask that all charges be dropped against the maid. While I'm the last to be a 'victim blamer' but in this case I'll make an exception. If you leave large sums of cash in the reach of an impoverished person who has to take a 500B a morning scrubber's job, it's going to get nicked even if that person is of usually good moral character. 

9 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

They did not get the memo. Besides I think it pertains to the "connected" only when they are "summoned" for coffee and crumpets and a apologetic interview. 

The memos were sent in error to those in inactive posts. Just a bureaucratic balls-up, nothing to worry about

Archived