2nd. UK Visitors visa for wife, how long to wait?

My wife obtained a visitors visa for the UK in march this year and we visited the UK and returned to Thailand on 30 April. Her visa expired on 5 September.

My elderly Mother who lives on her own requires heart surgery and I will return to the Uk to care for her. This is scheduled for October and I would like my wife to accompany me.

So my question is would she be allowed to apply for another visa or is there a waiting time?

Many thanks for any help

No there's no waiting time, your wife can apply for a visa at any time, though she will still need to satisfy the ECO that her application is genuine, affordable and that, on that on the balance of probabilities, she will return at the conclusion of her visit.

The only restriction there is, is that a Visa National can only spend six months in any twelve months, and even that can be exceeded in exceptional circumstances as it's only really a guideline not a hard and fast rule.

One thing I would say, she should take as much care with this application as she did with her first, take nothing for granted and don't cut corners.

I hope your mothers surgery goes well.

• Like 1

Agree with TheOldGit. There does some confusion even with visa agents as I asked many who said you have to wait three or six months before applying again. I asked UKBA direct and confirmed there is no time limit as long as the applicant does not stay more than 6 months out of any 12 month period.

My girlfriends (now wife) visa expired after two UK vists (multi visit visa) and still had 2 months out of six available. She applied straight away on her return to Thailand and it was issued straight away. We just made sure she returned before the six months was up as we are now applying for settlement visa.

• Like 1

As others have said there is no problem about applying at all.

Last year my (now) wife's first visit visa expired on the 12th December but we wanted her to come here for Christmas. We applied in October for a 1st December start for the next visa and it was granted.

It was strange as she had two visa running concurrently for 12 days and I never, ever found out if she could have traveled here on her first VV in November . Nobody could answer the question and I didn’t want to push my luck.

Her 2nd VV was for three years but we decided that a Settlement visa for us was the only way we could be together so we applied for the visa when the three year visit visa was a few months old.

Edited by rasg
  • Like 1