why do all the houses look the same in Issan?

advancebooking

Since i do not live in a closed community , it is offcourse not the same . I do know 2 communities and they have the same designs , but outside those communities it is a lot different .

And i think the reason is just given in the answer before .

Well, I did wonder why a lot of people went for blue tiled roofs. I don't like the blue tiles tbh it does not seem to fit the nice scenic views greenery and all that jazz. I seen some real awful mansions too tgat look well out if place but inside looking out may be different matter.

Part of the reason many expat homes might look similar is that many Thai spouses do not understand the concept of hiring an architect to plan and design a home to the owners needs.  However several builders merchant stores in Surin Province and Buriram province have a qualified architect who can do professional house plans for a price per square meter. I have walked into the architect office in front of the Surin Thai Watsadu home improvement store, the Buriram Thai Watsadu Store and the SCG  Home Mart Store in Surin that is near the Surin Global House Store. English is not always spoken, but to me it is worth the time and energy to meet with several architects when you are in a position to build a home. In Buriram Province one of the more prominent architects provides one off plans for a Thai clients  and for major housing estate developers. I have met and worked on a house plan with Mr. Ping and it was worthwhile to me. Every Province has one or two "go to" architects. They are the same people who design the better hotels, auto dealerships and higher end retail shops, not just residential homes.  Mr. Ping actual home designs are quite different from the free government house plans.   Hiring an architect in Thailand is NOT the same as in America in my experience.  Draftsmen are NOT the same as architects in Thailand. Licensed Engineers are also readily available to help for a fee with home plans for expats in Thailand. My wife wanted a blue fiber cement tile roof on her temporary village house to match the blue roof I paid for at her Dad's home in 2006. My next home will not be the same roof tile color or style. 

https://www.facebook.com/DesignByPing/photos

13 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

Part of the reason many expat homes might look similar is that many Thai spouses do not understand the concept of hiring an architect to plan and design a home to the owners needs.  However several builders merchant stores in Surin Province and Buriram province have a qualified architect who can do professional house plans for a price per square meter. I have walked into the architect office in front of the Surin Thai Watsadu home improvement store, the Buriram Thai Watsadu Store and the SCG  Home Mart Store in Surin that is near the Surin Global House Store. English is not always spoken, but to me it is worth the time and energy to meet with several architects when you are in a position to build a home. In Buriram Province one of the more prominent architects provides one off plans for a Thai clients  and for major housing estate developers. I have met and worked on a house plan with Mr. Ping and it was worthwhile to me. Every Province has one or two "go to" architects. They are the same people who design the better hotels, auto dealerships and higher end retail shops, not just residential homes.  Mr. Ping actual home designs are quite different from the free government house plans.   Hiring an architect in Thailand is NOT the same as in America in my experience.  Draftsmen are NOT the same as architects in Thailand. Licensed Engineers are also readily available to help for a fee with home plans for expats in Thailand. My wife wanted a blue fiber cement tile roof on her temporary village house to match the blue roof I paid for at her Dad's home in 2006. My next home will not be the same roof tile color or style. 

https://www.facebook.com/DesignByPing/photos

So any details on cost comparisons blue roof 2006 v Mr ping option or are they costed differently?

Building a house seems pretty scary to me. Rather buy a house but of course later down the line might take the plunge. 

I believe they will give you a written price quote at the architect office in front of a Thai Watsadu Store. I also know you can get a firm price quote for house PLANS. They also provide a written list of items they include in the plan. In several locations in Thailand is a franchise builder called PD House. They often have a draftsman to alter the standard Thailand house plans. They offer three "grades' of building materials. Three price levels of the exact same size and design of the house. A worthwhile experience to visit PD House and see what a national franchise builder can offer to build at a fixed price on a plot of land your spouse owns. The showroom in Buriram of PD House is near the Best Western Hotel.   http://www.pd.co.th/en

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Well, I did wonder why a lot of people went for blue tiled roofs. I don't like the blue tiles tbh it does not seem to fit the nice scenic views greenery and all that jazz. I seen some real awful mansions too tgat look well out if place but inside looking out may be different matter.

Blue is Cool! second least heat absorbent colour after white - Looks bloody awful though :blink:

U must be joking! Outside the gated communities there is an incredible diversity of architecture; some very innovative and good and some truly ghastly, and any paint colour or  truly garish mix of colours on one property seems to be aceptable. I love the way they build any shape of property to fit the smaller plots of land....If the plot is triangular, they build a triangular house.....I love it! No planning restrictions in Thailand.

I live in a housing development which as about 10 different styles of houses to choose from.  It seems like many of the home owns, including me, customize their houses so they look individualized. First photo is a photo of our model home and the second is our house individualized.

HomeGarden Photo.JPG

July 2014.JPG

Village Farang certainly had a beautiful and unique home built in rural Isaan Thailand. I took a photo at the Surin Home Mart of the architect who will design the style of home you desire. Many stores offer this paid house design service in Isaan. The "estate" developers select the house designs they know will be popular with the target home buyers. 

Surin Thailand Architect Office at Home Mart.jpg

^ The "estate" developers select the house designs they know will be popular with the target home buyers. 

They also tend to pick designs that they can "pack in" and maximize their profit from the land! land is not expensive in Isaan why people want to be packed in like "sardines" is beyond me  :)

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

^ The "estate" developers select the house designs they know will be popular with the target home buyers. 

They also tend to pick designs that they can "pack in" and maximize their profit from the land! land is not expensive in Isaan why people want to be packed in like "sardines" is beyond me  :)

Personal preference. Some people are city dwellers and some country. We have 5 rai in the wife's village but I wouldn't live there if they paid me. Always been a city boy.

20 minutes ago, CGW said:

^ Agree, if living in the city, but when you are outside the city "limits" in a compound surrounded by country side? :blink:

Oh, I like looking at the country side don't be wrong but being a senior I like living near a hospital and don't like driving a distance to shop. Just a personal preference. I don't live in the city but live is the suburbs near the city.

Archived