Krabi monks cough up cash to repair road

webfact

Krabi monks cough up cash to repair road

Phuket Gazette

mo.jpeg          

After a 10-year wait, monks and locals grew tired of asking authorities to repair the road. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

KRABI: -- Monks and other locals in Krabi took it upon themselves yesterday to finally fix a road that had remained damaged for over a decade.

The Abbot of Suwan Thararam Temple, Luang Phor Prathuan Jitseelo, led a team of nine monks and locals in repairing the pot-holed road. The monks financed the operation by diving into their own pockets as well using money from the temple donation box, which amounted to a total of 30,000 baht. 

It took them one day to fix an 800-meter stretch of Baan Khao Tang Road in the Krabi Noi sub-district. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-monks-cough-cash-repair-road/65567?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-16

Hmm they have been complaining for 10 years and now the municipality say that they where just waiting for the rain to stop before fixing the road...

To all the people that usually are monk and Buddhism bashing here on TV; this is what it looks like in most cases when you look at rural Thailand! There are a few temples and monks with a lot of money that use it in a wrong way, Dahmmakaya and Wirapol Sukphol are some examples of that and then there are many that uses their money and donations to do good things like Luang Phor Koon and Luang Ta Maha Bua that during their lifetimes funded things like roads, schools and hospitals. 

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

was watching this on TV this morning. putting a bit of bitumen in pot holes in a concrete road is not repairing it. made for a good photo opportunity i suppose. didnt the other mob who planted banana trees in the holes have more success?

yep, with still one more month of rain. The repairs will not last very long.

30,000 baht in one weeks take.

• 1 month later...

Huh 10 yes TEN years..........shows exactly  what youre  up against............when I fix the roads I get  told  NOT MY JOB................I  no longer fix  them, they are  now totally ferked

On 9/16/2016 at 4:52 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

was watching this on TV this morning. putting a bit of bitumen in pot holes in a concrete road is not repairing it. made for a good photo opportunity i suppose. didnt the other mob who planted banana trees in the holes have more success?

Of course it's repairing it (Thai style), it'll be perfectly fine to drive on until the next time in rains.

Archived