Why do foreigners still assume Thai girls are easy?

drronnie

19 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

2 types of girls in this country. hookers and those pretending not to be hookers. ha ha, just joking. there are also thai girls who hate western men and would not date us for any amount.

They don't hate Western men.

But maybe like Thai men better; or do not feel comfortable with English or other Foreign languages.

Even the girls who are not full time hookers; can do on weekends if they want extra cash. ( Some do ).

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bark said:

They don't hate Western men.

But maybe like Thai men better; or do not feel comfortable with English or other Foreign languages.

Even the girls who are not full time hookers; can do on weekends if they want extra cash. ( Some do ).

yes hate would be a bit strong for most of them. i asked my accountant if she would date a western man as her english is very good. she looked shocked and said no.  bad stigma goes along with being seen with western men. plenty of sideline girls out there but i put them in the same class with bar girls. they both accept cash for sex so i dont see the difference.

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

When I look at my wife's friends there are many the same age as her that are single. They don't have children, they are financially independent and they speak very good English (and some speak a third language). They have good jobs and are very pleasant to look at. They have all studied and/or travelled abroad and while they are Thai they are also open minded about other countries and cultures. Most of them would like to date a good guy (Thai or otherwise), but they have difficulty finding anyone.

There is definitely opportunity for good quality guys who mix in the right circles.

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

When I look at my wife's friends there are many the same age as her that are single. They don't have children, they are financially independent and they speak very good English (and some speak a third language). They have good jobs and are very pleasant to look at. They have all studied and/or travelled abroad and while they are Thai they are also open minded about other countries and cultures. Most of them would like to date a good guy (Thai or otherwise), but they have difficulty finding anyone.

There is definitely opportunity for good quality guys who mix in the right circles.

Therein lies the rub. Not always easy for Thais and far angst to meet in social settings where one can meet these folks. 

Every time when I wear my sandals, socks, shorts and my muscle shirt many Thai girls are surrounding me and want a date. Yes, Thai girls/ women are so different to Westerners.

They speak a completely different language and eat bugs.

36 minutes ago, Bantex said:

I'm married to a Thai and over the years some of her friends have asked me if I knew of a foreign man suitable for them, he had to have a good sense of humour  and be kind hearted but none of them ever mentioned looks or money as being important.

They don't have to come right out and say it.  All farangs are rich. :lol:

Edit: And by logical extension, handsome too!

19 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yes hate would be a bit strong for most of them. i asked my accountant if she would date a western man as her english is very good. she looked shocked and said no.  bad stigma goes along with being seen with western men. plenty of sideline girls out there but i put them in the same class with bar girls. they both accept cash for sex so i dont see the difference.

Buy dinner and wine for 2,000 baht or skip dinner and wine and pay 2,000 baht. Similar ?

44 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Indubitably. Here girls of all ages smile at you. They want a better way of life. My young g/f always gets looks of envy everywhere we go from shop clerks to mop pushers in our condo. My Skype is constantly bombarded by girls in other countries looking to "chat" Its the new short cut phenomenon of life. The value of money has depreciated/inflationized by 96% over the last 60 years while prices of everyday items have increased. Its the old saying "A dollar does not buy what it used to and the value of money earned has declined drastically"

FYI ... Many to most of those "girls" contacting you on Skype are not females. They're men, usually from West Africa, Russia, etc. I avoid them like the plague. Anytime a stranger says "hi" to me on skype I immediately block them. 

Thai girls are easy.

I have never dated any foreigner girl because they don't give a sh*t about me.

I have very low social skills and I'm totally financially broke.

Thai girls care about me, even though I speak 3 words a minute because I'm shy.

Thai girls are easy.

47 minutes ago, samsensam said:

absolutely agree. there are many educated, professional, financially independent and attractive women out there looking for a decent guy.

the problem for many foreigners is that most of these women will not look at any guy who hangs around bars or the bar scene.

Yes, and those women are not at all interested in farang men who aren't well scrubbed and well dressed. You don't need a suit and tie, but at least non-wrinkled shirt and pants (not shorts), real shoes, shaved, non-shaggy hair, etc. The bar girls will tolerate shorts, tank tops, flip flops and a scruffy look, the well educated and professional ladies definitely will not. 

53 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Sorry mate...I find that rather hard to believe that Thai girls are slipping you their number ,whilst with their husbands or boyfriends in lotus! Lol.  I'm in great shape and have been all my life,lived in Thailand since my early thirties ....usually I'm far too modest to say I'm a good looking bloke, but in response to your post....I'm a good looking bloke, and I have never had a Thai girl act like that in front of their hubby towards me and I have never seen it happen or hear of it happening to anyone else in a place like tesco lotus. Sorry just find that hard to believe...but yes Asian girls are far more approachable than western girls in general. 

Maybe they are bank details? Humour.

With so many hookers and the hooker mentality (i.e. meet a rich man and i not need to work just watch Thai soap all day and eat somtam and make my husband happy)
Yes its tough to assume that we are not gods gift to women when we get the exotic treatment...
However, i can assure you there are many HOT girls that wouldnt touch a foreigner with a barge pole, just go to Thong lor for a few nights and watch how they shoot you down in flames...

Thai girls are easy.

I have never dated any foreigner girl because they don't give a sh*t about me.

I have very low social skills and I'm totally financially broke.

Thai girls care about me, even though I speak 3 words a minute because I'm shy.

Thai girls are easy.

. You got to be kidding. Very low social skills= uneducated and no money and similar to a primate.

I'm living here a long time, but none of the girls I've met would be interested in meeting a guy like you

You speak 3 words a minute because you're shy? Thai girls love shy men from Farangland who shy them all over.

5 hours ago, drronnie said:

I think it also depends on the person. Some people are handsome, some are not, some have good social skill and some have none. 

Some people have standards, some don't.

After 8 years in Bangkok I see maybe 1 Thai girl out of 1000 that I think has everything going for them in the looks, body, style and comportment stakes.  

10 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok David you know sorry,  if you are so good at know about me then give me next weeks lotterys numbers can you , you seem to know everything.

David is actually right on. You don't have to be psychic to know that many Thai girls on Thai dating sites, in malls, etc. have worked as sex workers but will never tell you. If you've dated six or more Thai women who say they've never sold sex, at least one is lying. But if denial works for you, keep fooling yourself. 

1 minute ago, HerbalEd said:

David is actually right on. You don't have to be psychic to know that many Thai girls on Thai dating sites, in malls, etc. have worked as sex workers but will never tell you. If you've dated six or more Thai women who say they've never sold sex, at least one is lying. But if denial works for you, keep fooling yourself. 

Ok so you are a know all as well as david are you , how do you know that about thai lady's give me your   Research . 

You are fooling you self when you have know idea what you are talking about.

27 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

pretty  sure the girl would rather take the cash in most cases. hard part is getting it without the customer thinking she is a prostitute.

If she is part time girl. I just say money to help her family.

44 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok so you are a know all as well as david are you , how do you know that about thai lady's give me your   Research . 

You are fooling you self when you have know idea what you are talking about.

After thirty-plus years in Thailand and experiencing an embarrassingly large number of Thai ladies, I'm confident of my statement. I've also seen many farangs who would not ... could not ... face the fact that they were being scammed by a Thai woman who uses sex to get money.

I've seen very successful men who own big companies and make big money, are well educated, and nobody's fool at home, be totally fooled and taken advantage by a hot, sexy, much-younger Thai girl ... and no amount of warnings from me and/or other friends could convince them of the truth. 

Meanwhile, I'm not Thai bashing here. I very much enjoy most Thai women ... pros or otherwise. After many year of experience I've learned to play the game as good or better than them. Have I been fooled before? Absolutely, and most likely will be again. But  I learn from my mistakes, and practice makes perfect ... almost. 5555

Yo Doc - the situation is basically like this.... so many girls get married young and by the first or second kid, the guy is gone and they are not particularly in demand... if you are looking at over 30, most of these abandoned ladies would love to have a decent guy. 

Now, this might be different in different areas. Bkk might be more business like and a bit colder, tourist areas might be more filled with working girls, but upcountry, there are so many attractive ladies that would love to find a nice guy. How good is your Thai? And an understanding of the culture and what is important to the ladies here will open many gates... 

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

maybe these ladies are fishing in the wrong pond

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and some have large bulges in their wallet pocket.

That explains why people like Jagger still get young women despite being old and anything but handsome.

Ever consider in contrast that it's not your wallet as much as all the larger bulges around the pockets that he still doesn't have could be making him more handsome to the ladies?

4 hours ago, seajae said:

mate, I am 63(dont look it though) and happily married but I have had very nice younger women suggest we get together, I am simply not interested and tell them so. I take it as a compliment and actually laugh it off, how any man cannot find a nice female here is beyond me. Even my wifes friends have asked me to help them find a guy and they are all very nice, single, no kids, own their own house/land and are in good jobs, they simply want a non thai guy(they dont trust the thai men), if  a western man cant find himself a nice lady there has to be something wrong with him.

So those "very nice younger women suggest we get together" wanted to get together with you just because they liked you? They weren't interested in easy money? They just wanted to be with a much older guy for love?

I'm not quite 63 (getting close), but I certainly don't think "very nice younger women" would be interested in anything else from a much older guy.

Most older guys get attention from "very nice younger women", but it shouldn't be boosting their egos.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

absolutely agree. there are many educated, professional, financially independent and attractive women out there looking for a decent guy.

the problem for many foreigners is that most of these women will not look at any guy who hangs around bars or the bar scene.

That's true, I had no problem picking up Thai girls before I got married, and I never went near any bars, I am not rich at all, though I do have looks and am tall and slim.

Archived