Wood mills/shops

Deepinthailand

A bit of a drive (1 hour) to Phu Wiang but there is a lumber yard/mill in town with a good selection of wood.  Can give details if interested. Only option in KK that I am aware of is the usual over priced rubber tree wood at Home Pro. Good luck hunting.

34 minutes ago, Dugdown said:

A bit of a drive (1 hour) to Phu Wiang but there is a lumber yard/mill in town with a good selection of wood.  Can give details if interested. Only option in KK that I am aware of is the usual over priced rubber tree wood at Home Pro. Good luck hunting.

yes please can you send details thanks

From KK head west on hwy 12 to hwy 2038 T junction. (About 50 km). Turn right on hwy 2038 for about 15km into Phu Wiang. Drive thru town looking for petro station with 7/11 shop on your left.  Turn left on the soi just before the petro station and drive to the end of the soi (150 m) into the lumber mill/yard. I have not been there in a while but assume they still exist.  Very little English spoken.  They let me wonder around and "window shop".  Good luck and any +/- feedback would be appreciated.

On 18/09/2016 at 4:26 PM, Dugdown said:

From KK head west on hwy 12 to hwy 2038 T junction. (About 50 km). Turn right on hwy 2038 for about 15km into Phu Wiang. Drive thru town looking for petro station with 7/11 shop on your left.  Turn left on the soi just before the petro station and drive to the end of the soi (150 m) into the lumber mill/yard. I have not been there in a while but assume they still exist.  Very little English spoken.  They let me wonder around and "window shop".  Good luck and any +/- feedback would be appreciated.

Went down yesterday found it thanks was ok as you said happy to let you wander. Plenty of wood unfortunately not what I was looking for but ended up buying a good bit for a bit of fun back home making table and  bench seats for outside. Thanks

On 9/19/2016 at 8:11 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

There is also a shop in KK that sells good quality plywood (not the cheap low quality stuff from HomePro etc) opposit Fary Plaza

image.png

Do they sell furniture grade plywood with a nice veneer finish that would yield a nice wardrobe or kitchen cabinets?

20 hours ago, Dugdown said:

Do they sell furniture grade plywood with a nice veneer finish that would yield a nice wardrobe or kitchen cabinets?

Only you can decide if it's good enough. It is certainly better than anything you can get from the big stores.

the Furnature grade plywood I have is from wood street in Bangkok and a 20mm standard sheet is about ฿4,500 the outside ply is several mm thick.

On 9/23/2016 at 10:10 PM, Deepinthailand said:

No seems not but will figure something out. Maybe a steam room can tile it then

If money is not an issue teak is a good sauna wood.  I would also consider mai pradu or mai taing  may also be an option.  T&G or shiplap joints work best as they allow expansion/contraction while keeping the joints sealed.  

Be careful using tile in a steam room as it can absorb a lot of heat which can end up burning any skin it comes in contact with when at 'steam' temps.

Archived