Thai music! Do you like Thai Music?

JJGreen

I am no expert in music sub genres, but I know I like a very wide range of music.

Thai style, I like the pop, rock and some café style music. Some Issan styles are okay, as long as they have a fast beat…none of the Isan love stuff or slow music…There's also some decent dance/club music and some okay rap and hip hop too

So much sorrow…unrequited love…relationship tragedies…upbeat romantic conclusions….

It’s a good way to learn some basic language and and on YouTube every video tells a story.

like Karabou, some Loso, some of the old traditional music too if in the right mood/place....

but to hijack your topic for a moment - anyone remember Karn and the Bkk Blues Band that used to play at the Saxophone Club back around 2000? I know she married and went off to France but is there anything of hers recorded? 

The upbeat modern songs & singers are easy to enjoy.....

The old style traditional shrill stuff can be OK for only as long as whatever ceremony or event lasts - shorter if it is accompanied by off key nasally singers......

Possibly in a virtual tie with a bagpipers convention for sound convergence.....

But - in a forced situation between the 2 the Thai music would win.....

I don't like the Thai music progression towards rap....

Only a matter of time before the negative messages, behavior, & influences start getting programmed into the Thai youth......

Any music favouritism belongs to the listeners ear...Personally I cannot hook up with Thai music...But that is just me.....Our world has a mass of different music to fill any ear heaven....

Many have heard musical heaven from Trans............:wub:

I used to like Slot Machine, Modern Dog, Ebola..... there is more to contemporary Thai music than just some sort of  KARABOU  -_- 

but overall, the Thai music scene is incredibly lame and tame compared to neighboring countries such as Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia....

Archived