BANGKOK 23 February 2019 12:41
dontoearth

Ideal Weight? Does anyone have a goal or target weight??

5 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well done on the weight loss :)

Is your height still 1.80?

1.80 mornings, 1.79 evenings.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, tropo said:

Far from being nasty, I offered you some useful information about moles. I have a huge birthmark on my neck, much bigger than the one indicated in your photo. A mark that is very exposed to sunlight, and unlike the OP I had spent a lot of time in the sun over the years. I went to a dermatologist and had it biopsied. She did mention that the risk of melanoma in a mole (birthmark) is very low. Of course, newly developed, sensitive moles are worth checking out.

Sorry, I suspected you might have one, which explains your over the top emotive reaction.  I promise not to mention the M word again

18 hours ago, Naam said:

after losing 25% of  my body weight my belly shows a fold as if i had given birth to twins.

Bit o' surgery will fix that right up for the beach appearances.

but it was worth the effort because one of the advantages is that i can see my pecker just looking down without the help of a mirror. don't ask me how i lost weight without too much suffering and without any gruelling exercises because you won't believe the story of an old fart and heart patient (multiple coronary bypasses, pacemaker implant and COPD lungs).

You done GREAT and congrats! However, inquiring minds want to know how you did it. Might help others. Was the forum advice at all useful?

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Naam said:

eating 18 times a day small portions without counting calories but balanced content of protein, carbohydrates (except bread, pasta, lentils, beans, peas) and fruit. protein share from seafood ~40%, reduced alcohol consumption down to an absolute minimum (one small glass of Port).

background: for several years i was whinging and whining about my weight gain and willing to pay anybody $100k for a diet that enables me to shed 10kg. then one day the Mrs. reminded me of a diet we both did 25 years ago and lost 6 respectively 8kg within a period of 6-8 weeks. we didn't remember the details except that we had to eat multiple times a day and the food input had to be balanced. it worked with me perfectly but the Mrs. was and still is demanding her "finder's fee" (she calls it remuneration for professional consultation) of $250k.

note: outsiders who appreciate my weight loss: my cardiologist and my tailor.

Sounds like you went low carb, higher fiber, and overall fewer calories even though eating often. Key point is that you stuck to it.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Bit o' surgery will fix that right up for the beach appearances.

You done GREAT and congrats! However, inquiring minds want to know how you did it. Might help others. Was the forum advice at all useful?

And indeed if you have any advice to add from your own experiences we would be glad to know.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

eating 18 times a day small portions without counting calories but balanced content of protein, carbohydrates (except bread, pasta, lentils, beans, peas) and fruit. protein share from seafood ~40%, reduced alcohol consumption down to an absolute minimum (one small glass of Port).

background: for several years i was whinging and whining about my weight gain and willing to pay anybody $100k for a diet that enables me to shed 10kg. then one day the Mrs. reminded me of a diet we both did 25 years ago and lost 6 respectively 8kg within a period of 6-8 weeks. we didn't remember the details except that we had to eat multiple times a day and the food input had to be balanced. it worked with me perfectly but the Mrs. was and still is demanding her "finder's fee" (she calls it remuneration for professional consultation) of $250k.

note: outsiders who appreciate my weight loss: my cardiologist and my tailor.

Could we have more details?  How small are the meals?  Can you give us examples of a couple of them?  I can't tell did you give up fruit or have fruit in this diet?

9 hours ago, norrska said:

Sorry, I suspected you might have one, which explains your over the top emotive reaction.  I promise not to mention the M word again

Apology accepted!... the annoyance is about wasting money on unnecessary tissue biopsies due to incorrect information, not about having moles. Most people have moles.

Anyone tried the 5-2 diet by Mosley (BBC) ?
They did a scientific research to find out if the body could adapt to 2 fasting days per week, and how easy to lose weight and reduce the risk of diabetis and heart disease.
So the program is based on eating normal food 5 days of the week up to 2000 + calories and on fasting days only eat max 500 calories, and drink plenty of fluid like water and coffee.
The first 2-3 weeks your stomach will send signals to the brain that you are hungry and need to eat. But then the body will adapt and the chemical processes inside your body will start to do the magic .

When you sleep your body cells are repaired, what they discovered was that if the body get no break from food it will not manage to control and repair your body in the same way.
With one or two fasting days per week not only will you reduce your weight, but several health benefits as well. They tried the program on normal people as well as overweight people and the results were astonishing. Blood tests taken over time showed the positive results.

So I'm planning to start the 6-1 program , only one fasting day per week and eat the food recommended in the program , both fish and meat are recommended on the normal days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Sounds like you went low carb, higher fiber, and overall fewer calories even though eating often. Key point is that you stuck to it.

incorrect assumption. neither low carb nor fewer calories. in fact i could swear all holy oaths that during my diet time the intake of calories was (as far as food is concerned) substantially higher than in the years before when i gained nearly 20kg. the gist of this diet (developed in the 90s by a team of the Mayo Clinic) is to trick the body with a continous surplus of calories to burn existing body fat and ignore the new supply. last not least the alcohol reduction must have played an important part too.

note: since one year i'm keeping my weight but reduced the number of "feedings" from 18 times to six times daily.

5 hours ago, dontoearth said:

Could we have more details?  How small are the meals?  Can you give us examples of a couple of them?  I can't tell did you give up fruit or have fruit in this diet?

they were normal meals but eaten in "instalments". breakfast split in three (e.g. a total of 3 eggs, some ham and two toasts) , lunch in five, supper in five and in between 5 times a snack including fruit (galore), icecream, cake, müsli moderately.

7 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Was the forum advice at all useful?

i don't recall having read this forum before my success diet. p*ssed off by trying all kinds of miracle diets and following all sorts of silly advice, none of it helped.

5 hours ago, dontoearth said:

And indeed if you have any advice to add from your own experiences we would be glad to know.

i think it's better if interested members ask questions which i might be able to answer.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Anyone tried the 5-2 diet by Mosley (BBC) ?

Yes. It's great. I didn't need to stay on it long.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Naam said:

incorrect assumption. neither low carb nor fewer calories. in fact i could swear all holy oaths that during my diet time the intake of calories was (as far as food is concerned) substantially higher than in the years before when i gained nearly 20kg. the gist of this diet (developed in the 90s by a team of the Mayo Clinic) is to trick the body with a continous surplus of calories to burn existing body fat and ignore the new supply. last not least the alcohol reduction must have played an important part too.

note: since one year i'm keeping my weight but reduced the number of "feedings" from 18 times to six times daily.

Now I see why you said don't ask me how i lost weight. Do you have a link to this diet?