BANGKOK 23 February 2019 03:43
dontoearth

Ideal Weight? Does anyone have a goal or target weight??

7 hours ago, poanoi said:

no, lets not assume that, lets take my word for it i took 200 mg on day 1, 300 mg on day two, 200 mg on day 3, etc, for an average of 250 mg/day. ( or possibly 2 days 200 mg and 300 mg on day 3, cant remember)

in addition, i did not regain weight when i stopped DNP,

as i would have if i were restoring water, as a matter of fact i kept losing weight a few more days. it wasnt until

i felt i was invincible and lost it and started eating chocolate that i started to pile on yet again

IMO, the ideal dosage is, if you walk 1 stair and get out of breath, you are spot on, if it takes less you are over dosage,

and if it takes more you are under dosage

oh, and i swing between 110 kg to below 80 kg,

depending on if i spice up my breakfast with a small teaspoon of DNP or not.

sleeping got nothing to do with DNP,

your theory is illiterate, i burn calories regardless what i do on DNP

"My theory is illiterate"> LOL. I suggest you look up the word illiterate as that's obviously your problem here.

You are losing water quickly, not fat. In case you weren't aware around 60% of an average human body is water. You can lose a lot of water without realising it.

Dosages of drugs don't work on a linear scale i.e. if 100mg increases your metabolic rate by 11%, 250mg won't increase it by 26%. Even if it did, it still wouldn't be burning 0.5kg of fat per day. By making an assumption to base my calculations upon I assumed a sensible dose, not an insane dose.

You say you haven't gained it back, then contradict yourself by saying you swing between below 80kg and 110kg... and then suggest you gain more than 30kg if you don't use DNP.

You're playing a fool's game with dangerous drugs, and for what? The ability to yo-yo between 80 and 110kg.

Allow me to finish of with a reminder of what you're playing with:

Why is DNP so dangerous?

One of the risks of DNP is that it accelerates the metabolism to a dangerously fast level. Our metabolic system operates at the rate it does for a reason – it is safe. Speeding up the metabolism may help burn off fat, but it can also trigger a number of potentially dangerous side effects, such as:

• fever
  • dehydration
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • restlessness
  • flushed skin
  • excessive sweating
  • dizziness
  • headaches
  • rapid breathing
  • rapid or irregular heartbeat

The combination of these side effects can have an extremely damaging effect on the body and can result in coma and, as we have seen, death.

Long-term use can lead to the development of cataracts and skin lesions and may cause damage to the heart and nervous system. There is also evidence from animal studies that DNP is carcinogenic and increases the risk of birth defects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have the empirical data, and you havnt.

i didnt increase any weight at all when i stopped taking DNP,

for a few month.

it was only after a few month when i thought i was invincible and totally lost the plot and started eating an abnormal amount of chocolate i started to gain weight,

and it wasnt until many years later when i yet again lost it and ate nutella that i

added up back to square 1.

let me say that again: i did not regain any weight at all directly upon stopping DNP

as i should have if it was merely about filling up water levels

32 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i have the empirical data, and you havnt.

i didnt increase any weight at all when i stopped taking DNP,

for a few month.

it was only after a few month when i thought i was invincible and totally lost the plot and started eating an abnormal amount of chocolate i started to gain weight,

and it wasnt until many years later when i yet again lost it and ate nutella that i

added up back to square 1.

let me say that again: i did not regain any weight at all directly upon stopping DNP

as i should have if it was merely about filling up water levels

In most cases empirical data is absent. It's quite difficult to analyze accurately how much fat you're carrying unless you get a DEXA scan or a hydrostatic weighing. A Bod Pod would be another reasonable method. Pinch tests are ok if you first calibrate your results with a more accurate method first. The scale is not a good way to determine fat levels as it only measures bodyweight.

I have personal experience about gaining water. I once gained 10kg of it in a fairly short period.... getting up to about 122kg. Losing or gaining water is the fastest way to alter body weight.

It's quite important to distinguish between fat and bodyweight when you're making statements about how much fat you've lost.

You gained 30kg eating Nutella? If you combine the negative aspects of eating a ton of fat-sugary food with a drug such as DNP,  you must be in a very poor state of health. Did it never occur to you that there are healthier yet effective ways to remove body fat?

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

with empirical data i mean, it was such a thrill watching my weight drop like a stone

so it came to the point i was making up reasons to go to 7/11 every day just to see how i lost yet another 0.5 kg every day. and i did check later on after i stopped DNP and i had not regained anything at all as i should have if it was about water.

yes, i know DNP isnt healthy, and sweating like that is anything but comfy,

once i finally get back to civilization i will never again touch sugar,

and i will be eating caviar & egg every day.

i have a speedy metabolism to boot btw, i estimate i eat 2-3 times as much as anyone else i know of. robblok estimated i eat 6500 calories a day

when i gave him my examples of what i usually eat

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No. I merely confirmed that (1) any such examples would be completely irrelevant (so why would I bother looking for any?) and that (2) lots of relevant examples and informed opinions do exist and are easily found. You're free to prove to yourself and the world that there are no such Olympian examples if that's important to you, though I can't imagine why. :post-4641-1156694572: Have you got anything useful to say on this topic?

Some people use elite targets as a reference or when pursuing achievements in life, such as when training.  I hope that was useful enough for you.

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

with empirical data i mean, it was such a thrill watching my weight drop like a stone

so it came to the point i was making up reasons to go to 7/11 every day just to see how i lost yet another 0.5 kg every day. and i did check later on after i stopped DNP and i had not regained anything at all as i should have if it was about water.

i have a speedy metabolism to boot btw, i estimate i eat 2-3 times as much as anyone else i know of. robblok estimated i eat 6500 calories a day

Those scales can be wildly inaccurate and give a variety of different readings between different locations or even at same location.  Now if they also gave a free horoscope, I might be willing to invest the 1 baht required.

1 hour ago, norrska said:

Those scales can be wildly inaccurate and give a variety of different readings between different locations or even at same location.  Now if they also gave a free horoscope, I might be willing to invest the 1 baht required.

i went to the same scale, and it was spot on, it never displayed variation,

not once, i have come to the conclusion those electronic scale are bliss,

while analog scales are shit, much the same as electronic watches are spot on vs the mechanical junk

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i went to the same scale, and it was spot on, it never displayed variation,

not once, i have come to the conclusion those electronic scale are bliss,

while analog scales are shit, much the same as electronic watches are spot on vs the mechanical junk

True. I threw out an old unreliable analog scale 'cause it was showing a few kilos underweight and put it carefully on display near the trash bin. 'Twas amazing how quickly the building's maids grabbed it. :wink:

Replaced w/ a good electronic (Lazada is your friend) and it's always spot on. 

Edited by JSixpack

7 hours ago, norrska said:

I use the one outside the supermarket food court in jomtien where you get the bus to Bangkok, it gives my weight with sandals,shirt,shorts,wallet and 2 pairs specs 75.8kg,and that is slowly going in the right direction,I am struggling with the daily 10km not sure I will be able to do it in the heat so if I get home slightly less than when I arrived that's a result.no booze or sugar.

Interesting.  Can you provide one example of high performance athletes from international sport who use fasting before an event, such as the olympics, marathon, triathlon etc.?

I don't think the 5:2 or 6:1 program was meant for top athletes, they need a daily intake of calories to be able to compete and for the hard training.

But I believe Mosley and they did a lot of tests, just google and read the latest news about the program . This is for overweight and normal people. After the fasting day you can still do a long walk or light exercise, and you can still eat up to 500 calories in 24 hours of "fasting".

• Like 1

Just now, balo said:

I don't think the 5:2 or 6:1 program was meant for top athletes, they need a daily intake of calories to be able to compete anf for the hard training.
But I believe Mosley and they did a lot of tests, just google and read the latest news about the program . This is for overweigyt and normal people. After the fasting day you can still do a long walk or light exercise, and you can still eat up to 500 calories in 24 hours of "fasting".

Thank you,  The first sensible response!

Another approach to  intermittent fasting is to fast up to and beyond 16 hours in a  day. I have a friend here who has his first meal at 1200 and the last at 1800, every day. He has eaten like this for more than a year and he says he feels great (certainly looks it). It helps if you are following a keto diet because then you don't feel hungry anyway!

Thomas de Lauer has some good videos on the topic

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTdelauer/search?query=fasting

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 3:37 AM, poanoi said:

You mean personal observation with some record keeping.   Do you measure your body fat?  I think most people here are thinking of empirical data as a full study with many participants and very careful measurements with rigorous guidelines.

I have never heard of DNP but most weight loss drugs from the past like fenfen just killed people who used them.  The effects on the heart and circulatory system were fatal.  Have you measured your blood pressure and heart beat rate while using this chemical?

20 hours ago, JSixpack said:

True. I threw out an old unreliable analog scale 'cause it was showing a few kilos underweight and put it carefully on display near the trash bin. 'Twas amazing how quickly the building's maids grabbed it. :wink:

Replaced w/ a good electronic (Lazada is your friend) and it's always spot on. 

Do you get additional measurements from the scale like body fat, muscle mass etc?  I find the one measurement on the old analog scale to be very unreliable.  It doesn't tell you if you are losing weight at the expense of muscle or holding steady while picking up lots of fat weight.