Self-taught snake catcher nabs five-meter-long king cobra

rooster59

Self-taught snake catcher nabs five-meter-long king cobra

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_2016917141220714_edpnzTnuGffRGrCALmCAYJwGINNUzZueDjSCCGxJ_jpeg.jpeg

KOH LANTA: A five-meter long king cobra discovered by an 11-year-old girl was caught by a Koh Lanta local yesterday evening.

Worawut Longasun says he has trained himself to capture snakes by watching videos on television and YouTube.

The snake was found in the storage area of Aree Wansuk’s house by her daughter who spotted the reptile’s tail while playing with her friends nearby.

“My daughter ran up to me and insisted that she saw a black snake in the storage area,” said Ms Aree. 

“I didn’t know what kind of snake it was, so I called on the village headman for help. He then notified Mr Worawut, our village’s snake catcher.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Selftaught-snake-catcher-nabs-fivemeterlong-king-cobra/65586?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-18

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Good to see a self made man. Non of this , spending years in snake caching school for him.

Not years, I did a two day course while working in the Australian desert. The biggest snake I caught was a 2 metre brown, kudos to the man for taking on the 5 metre monster!!

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Lets hope he released the snake in the jungle and it did not end up on the kitchen table. Our wildlife is disappearing at an alarming rate  especially our large ocean mammals. As Bugs Bunny use to say "Thats all folks!"

According to a linked article in the OP's link, he released the last one that put him in the news.  Hopefully, this one, too.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/YouTube-video-helps-nab-30kg-king-cobra/63508#ad-image-1

Nonetheless, the reptile was released back into the forest for fear that keeping it would only lure more snakes into the area.

Change is close to real that this snake is the samke snake he caugyt in March of this year.

Snake return to places they have been catched.

Places they tagged snakes and saw the snakes return to the places.

Around where I lived before there was a snake the crossed the road everyday between 15:50 and 16:05 hrs.

Most village have the policy to let the snakes live. Meaning tthe changes are that the snake will return.

15 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

If it's actually 5 metre that would be the biggest cobra ever nabbed. Google gives 4.7 metre as the biggest ever captured. But you can't  believe everything you read.

Google it

My friend. Everything on TV is true and don't be overcome by its welcoming members always willing to help out. They're as trusting as this King Cobra not to bite you if it had the chance :coffee1:

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Lets hope he released the snake in the jungle and it did not end up on the kitchen table. Our wildlife is disappearing at an alarming rate  especially our large ocean mammals. As Bugs Bunny use to say "Thats all folks!"

Sure kill all kinds of animals , from chickens to buffalo' s , but don't kill a very dangerous poisonned snake ...

If i had to chose between the Phanga man who raped the little girl , or her being bitten by this snake , set free again , I 'd know what to chose.

16 hours ago, monkey4u said:

So did the snake live to see another day or was it on that nights menu??:whistling:

Well if you read the link, the claim is that it was released in the forest a KM away.

Rather him than me, a bite from one of these would be serious. nearly as serious as the hospital bill it would require. Here we call the Sawang Boriboon. (Sp)

While walking down our road to our house, I saw a huge snake near the road. My Thai wife grabbed my arm and told me not to look at or point at the snake. She said that if anyone saw me looking they would also see the snake and kill it.

• 2 years later...
On 9/18/2016 at 12:41 PM, elgordo38 said:

A king cobra is a large ocean mammal?

Didn't know that.

Archived