Isan serial killer arrested after two murders and knife attack on woman

rooster59

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course I am just speculating here, but who wants to bet he was raised by his grandparents, while his single mother was away for years at a time, giving him no paternal guidance whatsoever? Grandparents are simply caretakers. They make sure the child gets fed, and clothed, and that they get the most modest amount of attention. It is no substitution for parenthood. Issan has this boil on it's face. Absentee parenting is a curse of the region, as it is considered acceptable by many. 

I think your being a little unfair with this statement, it seems to me that it is quite usual here for the eldest grandchildren to be raised by their grandparents for example my Mrs parents moved to Bangkok from the Issan in the early sixties when they were in their early twenties, her eldest sister was born in 1963 not long after they had moved. They hadn't been in Bangkok long and were no doubt finding it difficult to begin there new married life in the big city, they had little money and it was better if they both could work in the first few years so as to get a foothold in society and some more money behind them before they could grow the family. It was decided that the eldest daughter would be raised by her maternal grandmother in a villiage just outside Ubon, whose youngest child was not much older than the eldest grandchild.

By the time the second child was born they had got a foothold in Bangkok and were in a better position to bring up the second child so that child stayed with them in Bangkok, then my Mrs came along a couple of years later followed by her brother and then her younger sister.

When the second daughter was 16 she got pregnant by a guy in the army they got married but when the child was born he was raised by the grandparents my Mrs parents, he was only 8 years younger than the youngest daughter.

This is the way things happen here and it is normally for the benefit of the child so that they do get attention and guidance that they wouldn't get if they were raised by the parents who are probably working long hours and don't have the time.

6 hours ago, Haunebu said:

The saddest part is, that he will not be dissolved in acid to get rid of this subhuman waste and that he will be treated like a person, trialled, convicted, imprisoned and eventually pardoned and set free again... :(

+1

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Could they be detectives?

Not all police are uniformed or undercover, some are simply doing a job of tracking criminals.

Parish the thought. What Thai detective, undercover or not wouldn't put his uniform on for a photo op to show the criminals he was tracking. :sorry:

10 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Either the rtp uniform budget is shot or there are plainclothed undercover cops everywhere.

There are plain clothed undercover cop's everywhere, drive around in unmarked pickups, just look like every day workers, they are my friends and go fishing often.

13 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

There may be a supposed directive not to parade suspects but there's no way the BIB would pass up publicity on this one.

I can imagine any re-enactments could well turn into real Bollywood productions.

Is there another country that insist on re-enactment as much as Thailand? For what purpose? Apart from potential criminals to learn what not to do?

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

They, or wherever the article comes from, never call a person a suspect. Here that person is guilty in the eyes of all the moment he/she it taken into custody.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I agree wholeheartedly. Here it's Guilty until proven innocent (and usually you don't get a chance to prove your innocence!)

6 hours ago, hobobo said:

Is there another country that insist on re-enactment as much as Thailand? For what purpose? Apart from potential criminals to learn what not to do?

I can only speak for a jurisdiction that I was familiar with and the use of re-enactments / re-constructions were used sparingly and only in very complicated cases where the circumstances and the suspect's admission were hard to follow and needed clarification.

The procedure was only carried out if the suspect was willing to take part so if he / she refused that was it.,  the media and public were kept well away unlike here where everyone seems to be able to get their noses right in there resulting in confusion and sometimes violence.

Here the simplest cases seem to need to be re-enacted for no apparent need other than to get publicity. What's complicated about, for example, someone on a motorbike snatching a handbag as I've seen here on the forum ?

23 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

There may be a supposed directive not to parade suspects but there's no way the BIB would pass up publicity on this one.

I can imagine any re-enactments could well turn into real Bollywood productions.

and bail is set at:facepalm:

So the guy confessed killed two had a go at another. High on whatever who cares he is a murderer by his own admission

Now the petticoat brigade jump up and down and say oh poor man high on drugs he can't possibly be interviewed. Then it's turned to only in Thailand guilty till proven innocent. He is guilty by his own mouth if the murderer was on drugs I don't care he is guilty. So therefore innocent till proven guilty has been served. So put your petticoats down and get a life. Stop trying to turn it into a thai justice bashing thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2016 at 1:04 PM, bannork said:

I think you'll find that theory has been discarded after the police brought in a relative of the deceased man in the sugar plantation and the motorcycle shop owner who repaired the motorbike the murder suspect brought in said he didn't look like the man who brought in the bike.Quite an age difference too, the suspect who is a relative is 33 but the man arrested is only 20. Plus why would the relative then go on to murder and attempt to murder others miles away and completely unrelated?

The suspect is a crazy, too much methamphetamine mixed with lao khao perhaps over the years, though he hasn't been long out of the slammer. 

sorry I had no information from the police but from a family member related to the killed man.... 

On 18 September 2016 at 4:39 PM, zd1 said:

I think your being a little unfair with this statement, it seems to me that it is quite usual here for the eldest grandchildren to be raised by their grandparents for example my Mrs parents moved to Bangkok from the Issan in the early sixties when they were in their early twenties, her eldest sister was born in 1963 not long after they had moved. They hadn't been in Bangkok long and were no doubt finding it difficult to begin there new married life in the big city, they had little money and it was better if they both could work in the first few years so as to get a foothold in society and some more money behind them before they could grow the family. It was decided that the eldest daughter would be raised by her maternal grandmother in a villiage just outside Ubon, whose youngest child was not much older than the eldest grandchild.

By the time the second child was born they had got a foothold in Bangkok and were in a better position to bring up the second child so that child stayed with them in Bangkok, then my Mrs came along a couple of years later followed by her brother and then her younger sister.

When the second daughter was 16 she got pregnant by a guy in the army they got married but when the child was born he was raised by the grandparents my Mrs parents, he was only 8 years younger than the youngest daughter.

This is the way things happen here and it is normally for the benefit of the child so that they do get attention and guidance that they wouldn't get if they were raised by the parents who are probably working long hours and don't have the time.

If you cannot take responsibility ( care) of your kids then don't have them.

irresponsible mating ( as is the norm here) leads to essentially unwanted children who grow into some of the degenerates we encounter regularity out here in LOS. The alternative is of course, find an idiot farang to support your earlier irresponsible mating habits maybe even revisiting them ( along with your former mating partner) whilst aforementioned idiot farang is not looking.

the problem here is the inability of the indig pop to accept responsibility for their actions. 

Archived