Brothel 'Restaurant' Raided by Chiang Mai Police

webfact

14 hours ago, elliss said:

My   last visit  to CM ,  there  were  many  Burmes  ladies available ,

I declined  their  offers ,  only here  for the  trecking .

oh really...  so how is Mr. Spock?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since the junta took power the night scene in chiang mai has suffered. But this is the first raid against a brothel in the news i think.

Sure, go ahead and close the brothels, but at least allow the clubs and dance places to have open past midnight/1pm.. Not much fun for tourist to visit here when they can go to samui, pattaya, phuket etc... Lots of young tourist visiting here,, allow them some fun please :)

"Ever since the junta took power the night scene in chiang mai has suffered"

True I would say, but CM and the whole of Thailand has quiet down and become more respectable over the years, I think the days of The Untamed East are long gone.

I have only been in CM since 2001, really old hands up here used to tell tales of the Karen Hut a place near the Prince Hotel, young Lao girls in fact from what's said that was the Nightlife area way back. You feet wouldn't touch if caught in such places now.

Fang was notorious for the B10 knocking shops. The premier Hotel in Mai Sai used to offer room service by Burmese ladies on the only time I stayed there quite a few years ago.

My old mate 55 years in CM tells of the Restaurant on route to BKK it was just another den of ill repute, only place to stop and not just for the truck drivers, 'Respectable' place now long gone.

John's Place was interesting before Purachi's visit, the Housewife's Club was the place in Nimman  area, slowly everywhere has become more acceptable as the Tourist became the main source of income.

john

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 8:46 PM, tifino said:

oh dear! they are going to take away  the best 'takeaway' in town.

Prostitution my ...

Bring two slices of bread, stick them on the right arm of the girl you want and say you're bringing your sandwich home. What's illegal in that?

Oh, well, cannibalism maybe...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/19/2016 at 9:07 PM, bangkapi said:

Almost 30 years ago in Chiang Rai, I remember seeing the same type of restaurant in the middle of the day offering services for 60, 80, and 100 baht depending on the "waitress" selected.

Except that you couldn't take them home.

And there was no food being served.

Yes, in the early 80's the going price was about 100B. So I hear.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:52 AM, madusa said:

Time plays tricks on us all. And no food being served is like a chinese philosophy, it says, " A restaurant that doesn't serve any food cannot be sue for food poisoning". School children in USA should be taught, "Where on earth do you find restaurants that do not serve any food?" You do want school children to be able work things out on their own don't you?

Could be a restaurant for people who are fasting. Real fancy and expensive like.

For reals, Thailand has always had prostitution, the natives just like it more discreet than us round eyes.

5 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

Could be a restaurant for people who are fasting. Real fancy and expensive like.

For reals, Thailand has always had prostitution, the natives just like it more discreet than us round eyes.

It was year 2001 I went to Vientiane (capital of Laos) and a friend showed me a restaurant where ground floor is the normal restuarant. There is a stair case on the side going up stairs and customers only allowed to go upstairs if they had recommendation from friends who know the manager. So you can only go upstairs by special reference not just booking for a table.

What is so special about the upstairs? The waitresses upstairs wear traditional chinese dress with both sides of the dresses having opening right up to the hip so you could see the legs up to the lower bottom.

They don't wear bras so you could see the tits sticking out of the dress.

You could touch them if you like. And of course you could book them and take them to your hotel rooms.

It's a wonderful restaurant unsurpassed by any other. Foods? Nobody could really remember whether the foods were good or not because their minds were somewhere else.

The waitresses are young and nice looking. Nothing can beat this restaurant.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, Orton Rd said:

There are a few brothels in Sukhumvit soi 7/1 and they don't even pretend to be a restaurant, one does claim to be a 'club' though. Needs a good clean up around there as well.

Why???   Are the streets littered or something?

Or are you objecting to something that goes on in every town, village, city, province in Thailand for some reason?

Yes, in the early 80's the going price was about 100B. So I hear.

When Adolf Shin the Chin bought Thalland , he decided to ban 24/7 Gas Staitions , thus leaving me n Mrs stuck in CRai Overnight. Stayed in a nice Hotel , but the reception at Midnight was like Soi Six..All rather entertaining .?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From what I understand, the BIB are being told to close down shops and it is up to their discretion which ones. Up North of CM you now really have to ask around to find them. Availability of inexpensive prostitution lessens the number of rapes.30 years ago in Chieng Dao it was 100B for a woman, not to pretty (farmer value) 200B for a pretty enough lass (successful farmer) . For 300 B you went to Rim Doi Resort (Muang Ngai). Ran by the army and where Thai/ Burmese and associated militias would meet to negotiate. As a White guy...only in the daytime. Someone mentioned 30 years ago and the Karen Hut. A few sois away from the Las Vegas was a hole in the wall that had a girl (probably Thai Yai) with a chain on her foot and a number of Thais waiting. The old Jungle Food restaurant in CM had a live bear in a cage and on the menu. Some things have changed for the better. However, there are still some very odd things occurring now in the mountains not too far from CM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived