Video: Police make quick arrest in violent kicking of youth by security guard

webfact

Video: Police make quick arrest in violent kicking of youth by security guard

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath

CHONBURI: -- Chonburi police have made a quick arrest of a man caught on tape repeatedly kicking a teenager in the head in full view of the public.

The man was originally thought to be a soldier but is now known to be a security guard. Though he admitted he used to be a military man, reported Thairath.

The video is sickening - over a period of several minutes he repeatedly kicks and stamps on the 18 year old victim's head and body as members of the public tell him to stop. 

But no one lifts a finger to help - they all seem scared of the tall, booted figure in black who seems to be unafraid of any consequences of his actions.

The victim ended up in hospital with multiple bruising and injuries to his head and body.

Nong Kham police made an arrest on Sunday of Thim Chamnankit, 31, who works as a security guard in the Sri Racha area. 

He claimed that he was called by the public to sort out some youths making a loud disturbance. He said one 18 year old spoke rudely about his mother and father so he attacked him.

He apologized to the youth's parents for going over the top. He said that he did not claim to be a soldier, just that he used to be one.

The victim had earlier said he thought he was a soldier and wondered whether he would get justice. He completely denied having had a go at the guard's parents.

Police have charged the guard with assault for which he could face 2 years though if the hospital reports show grievous injuries he could face 10 years for GBH.

The clip aired on Facebook Youlike (Clipdet) and was viewed by more than 2.1 million people many of whom commented about the shocking level of violence inflicted on the victim who was totally unable to fight back.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-20

WARNING!! Graphic content

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Condorman said:

Just look at all those pussies watching on and doing nothing omg. 

It's as disgusting as the acts of the "security" guard. 

Apart from a few onlookers who tried to calm the <deleted> down verbally no-one else did anything. 

I guess that the guard was 'suffering' from an overdose of M150 in combination with yaabaa......a perfect combination to make long hours. 

15 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

It's as disgusting as the acts of the "security" guard. 

Apart from a few onlookers who tried to calm the <deleted> down verbally no-one else did anything. 

I guess that the guard was 'suffering' from an overdose of M150 in combination with yaabaa......a perfect combination to make long hours. 

He must be wired and/or connected to act like that.....connected to teeny-weeny most likely!

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes way over the top, although I would like to know what led to this.

Nice to hear a sensible comment on matters like this for a change....rather than the usual round of "who can come with the best name calls"  to express how much more offended I am than the rest of you are.

Another example of a Thai man with no judgement at all !  

And thinks he can justify it by coming out with the old chestnut 'he speak bad about my parents '

lock him up for 20 years to and advertise the fact as a possible deterrent !    But probably a waste of time as most Thai men seem capable of this type of thing at the slightest provocation !

As an ex soldier who did a stint as a night club bouncer, this actually made me cringe, the coward attacking his head again and again, absolutely despicable.

It reminded me once more why I left TL. Khom Thai Jai Dee has to be the biggest BS line ever spoken :sick:.

7 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Nice to hear a sensible comment on matters like this for a change....rather than the usual round of "who can come with the best name calls"  to express how much more offended I am than the rest of you are.

Nothing, NOTHING justifies this behaviour - ever!

1 hour ago, toho said:

See the place of this item in the menu: next to the article with the headline: "We love Thailand".

A valid point but saying 'We love Thailand' is just as absurd as saying 'We hate Thailand', isn't it ? In both cases, it's a simplistic statement, based on stereotypes and preconceived ideas. The fact is, sh*t happens in this country, yes, but good things happen too. Same can be said of any country, and all the nationalistic chanting, whether it's positive or negative, is essentially absurd because nationalism is absurd.

As for the fact that this guy beat up the youth in front of everyone, without any fear of consequences, his connection (real or not) with the army, the fact that no one intervened, now that is quite revealing of a problem this country has in its relationship to authority. Other countries have it too, especially in Asia where Confucius established a pyramidal society which still prevails nowadays beyond  the various political systems and religions.

To understand the sociological founding of how most Thais relate to authority (a subtle mix of subservience and defiance), one needs to go and see what happens in Thai schools. That is where the program is force fed into malleable little brains, where it usually reamins for good, because what we learn before 9 is not just information, it becomes part our identity. Seeing it, adressing it, not to mention changing it, is extremely difficult.

45 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

What a stupid thing to say. Most people express their natural disgust because this incident deserves it. 

It does not matter what he said to the security guard or what was behind this. This video shows nothing more then a brutal assault, there is clearly no need for him to do what he was doing. 

You have been in Thailand too long.

39 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

Nothing, NOTHING justifies this behaviour - ever!

I had a friend get beat up after a sucker punch many years ago.  He was drunk, said something inappropriate, and somebody knocked him out.  Then beat him pretty badly when he was out.  The attacker went to jail for a year and was relieved of a serious amount of money.  With warnings the next time would be even more time in jail.  Same thing should happen here. 

So, a couple of posters on here think that the young man may have done or said something to justify the kicking he received?  The guard was a brutal maniac who even walked away and then returned to administer more punishment in full view of many spectators. This alone shows not only what a vicious animal he is but also how pathetically stupid he is.  

Why is it these spineless pieces of crap believe that the honourable way to dish out whatever punishment they deem appropriate is with their feet?  Kicking in a fight is gutless and pathetic and done to inflict damage while your own face is out of danger. 

If you have a grievance so bad it turns to a physical altercation you do it like a real man eye to eye with your fists and when your opponent cowers to the ground it's finished. 

Not it even a dog continues like this once it's opponent is on the ground. 

This dirtbag is an oxygen thief

kicks to the head can prove to be lethal. i am also shocked at the way these security morons take the law into their hand and become jury and judges  at the same. beasts like these should be caned and locked away for a long long time. i would not like to see my child in that position.

19 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, a couple of posters on here think that the young man may have done or said something to justify the kicking he received?  The guard was a brutal maniac who even walked away and then returned to administer more punishment in full view of many spectators. This alone shows not only what a vicious animal he is but also how pathetically stupid he is.  

there ought to be mandatory caning in brutal assaults like this to teach them a lesson. what a trauma the young man must have gone through.

2 hours ago, Condorman said:

Just look at all those pussies watching on and doing nothing omg. 

Nothing to do with "pussies" not every one is capable to intervene in such situation its understandable this man was scaring for "the man in the street"

Archived