Video: Police make quick arrest in violent kicking of youth by security guard

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is recovering at the hospital so it could have been a lot worse. I have seen videos posted online of a similar attack that happened in Bangkok and the victim died.

We also remember that Russian guy that was beaten up outside 7 eleven by 4 teenagers,  with kicks to his head. It seem to be a "sport" in Thailand. 

16 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

The most disturbing thing is that there where so many people in the surrounding and they did nothing, some just hung around chatting not even looking at what was going on?

Individuality is strongly discouraged in East Asian cultures so it would be very rare for someone there to take action as an individual.

16 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

We're does rape exactly fit into this thread. Total sensationalist rubish this is about a bully bearing a boy.

7 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Individuality is strongly discouraged in East Asian cultures so it would be very rare for someone there to take action as an individual.

So forget the rape. If you were the father of this young boy; would you be happy when they fine him 2,000 baht.

the kid could have sustained brain damage. This is not about being a bully. A kick to the temple of his head. The kid is dead.

21 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And your sensible working solution is??

Nothing wrong with a criticism providing you can supply a viable alternative or it just becomes criticism for criticisms sake (something negative). 

To charge and penalize him according to the law. That is the only legal option available.

38 minutes ago, bark said:

So forget the rape. If you were the father of this young boy; would you be happy when they fine him 2,000 baht.

the kid could have sustained brain damage. This is not about being a bully. A kick to the temple of his head. The kid is dead.

When it comes to trial we will see then what the man gets when all the evidence is presented if it is of course. I do not condone the excessive amount of force he used but I and all on here do not know all the facts I strongly suspect it will come down to one word against another. As a Dad who sets standards for my son and morals I would not be going anywhere to inflict pain or hurt on the guy two wrongs never make a right. So now I suppose I will be vilified for that statement but do I care!!!not one jote. 

17 hours ago, bark said:

You have a kid ?

If you did, you would be Ok for him to possibly get beaten to death ?

Or your daughter to be raped ?

You would be a sad father indeed.

I would expect the full penalty of the law. I am not a vigilante who takes the law into their own hands. I would ensure justice for my child.

5 hours ago, Keesters said:

I would expect the full penalty of the law. I am not a vigilante who takes the law into their own hands. I would ensure justice for my child.

What if it was your son; and while in the hospital the doctors said your son has brain damage. After 20 kicks to the head,

it could happen. Then after 6 months trail , this guys get 10,000 baht fine and 2 years in jail ?

This is justice. You sound like a Thai person, who takes there 2 year old on a motorcycle with no helmet. The kid fall off

and dies. Thai's say "  Kids Destiny " .

Anyway we have different ideas. thanks

57 minutes ago, bark said:

What if it was your son; and while in the hospital the doctors said your son has brain damage. After 20 kicks to the head,

it could happen. Then after 6 months trail , this guys get 10,000 baht fine and 2 years in jail ?

This is justice. You sound like a Thai person, who takes there 2 year old on a motorcycle with no helmet. The kid fall off

For goodness sake man come back to 5he real world. You seem to live in a what if world.what if I walk out of door slip on tiles and break my neck. What if I get out if car and get run over by a bus. What if I choke on my dinner. Enough of the what if's.

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Disillusioned farang said:

Another example of a Thai man with no judgement at all !

And thinks he can justify it by coming out with the old chestnut 'he speak bad about my parents '

lock him up for 20 years to and advertise the fact as a possible deterrent !    But probably a waste of time as most Thai men seem capable of this type of thing at the slightest provocation !

Commonly, in heated arguments amongst Thai people they will say something bad about one or both of their opponents parents....and that does enrage the average Thai man...as they have this developed mentality that you can curse them ...but not their parents...especially their Mother.

By no means does that warrant a brutal and continuous beating and kicks to the head of course ......but, if you want to see an argument escalate into violence then a few choice and chosen words about their Mother or Father or both parents will often result in Blind Rage...such is their developed cultural mentality concerning their Parents. 

Cheers

Did the foul mouth kid deserve it, did the security guard feel the need to show the kid you need to watch your mouth sonny... reality bites in this case it kicks.

Sad both ways.  I wonder how both will behave next in the next encounter of this nature?

17 hours ago, bark said:

A lot of things could happen. Violence with more violence does not work. It does not reverse what has happened.  It just brings the vigilante down to the same level as the initial offender. If the penalty is low then it is up to society to get it changed through democratic means, not with fists.

On 9/20/2016 at 7:17 PM, bark said:

I just explained to you why people seldom take action as individuals in East Asian societies, I did not say or imply that it was the right thing to do. 

Archived