What Advice Would You Give a Thai Girl?

eldragon

1 hour ago, transam said:

LOOKS, You reckon.............:laugh:

PS. Our Thai lady friend is about 40-ish, her THAI husband is in his seventies, retired teacher on a nice pension with prime valued property...Now why do you think she teamed up with him....?

PPS. Yes I know of a few who have guys in the background.....Am sure a risk wherever you are on this planet...

This is about Thai women not being bothered about farang looks, not Thai men's looks.

All over the world, there are women who will discount a man's looks/weight preferring to focus on the money.

You said that Thai women don't care about farang looks and, in my opinion, that's a myth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

This is about Thai women not being bothered about farang looks, not Thai men's looks.

All over the world, there are women who will discount a man's looks/weight preferring to focus on the money.

You said that Thai women don't care about farang looks and, in my opinion, that's a myth

You are totally wrong.......:tongue:

Learn to speak good English.

Request that your potential relationship learns some Thai by themselves.

Ask the person if they have the ability and willingness to become serious.

Ask yourself why a westerner is so important...can they be from Eastern Europe?

See where they intend to live.

Be accepting and forgiving to those who disappoint you. 

8 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

any thai girl that has decided to go specifically after a westerner is going after some form of payment or better lifestyle. in my 10 years here i dont know of any western/thai couples who last more than 10 years, unless they stay together for their kids. it does not make sense to look for a relationship with someone you have nothing in common with. woman are from venus and men are from mars. thai woman are from a separate different solar system from what i can see.

Lol. Fair enough, mate. And herein lies the inspiration for this thread. I know loads of Thai girls that say they're interested in foreigners, but they just can't seem to grasp the differences in our cultures, specifically the ones related to intimacy. I'm not saying they're the ones that need make all the adjustments, but if they can't identify the key points and meet half way then the relationship is probably doomed from the onset.

6 hours ago, Shiver said:

As a Westerner reading this and wondering if I have anything to contribute to the thread, the thought passed my mind looking at my own relationship with a Thai, and just this moment realised that I actually like all her friends and her close family (some of the more distant family I have never met).  I also like the majority of their (mostly) Western boyfriends/husbands, though I do feel sorry for some of the women being trapped in a relationship with someone who may be very controlling/jealous/has anger issues etc - that is the exception though and not the rule.

So that would suggest that if you want to know what a person is like, then see what kind of company they keep.

I would also ask any prospective Western guy how many casual Thai male friends they have, and if any of them are in their top 3 or at least top 5 friends.  Very few do, but it is a good sign if they do.

What I wouldn't do is have a rigid list of things you want and what they should be like.  I would ask myself "what do I have to offer, and what would the ideal person want to see in another person, and if I am like that or am willing to be like that without giving up something important to me?".  Don't look in the mirror when asking this, look inside yourself.  I mean your foundational values that you hold close.

Maybe go out with a couple of friends to the kind of places you like to go and see if there are any there.  Avoid the tourist traps like the plague.  See if you can get some casual conversation from them at a table near you (if you forgot your watch/phone (ha!) you might ask the time, or say that you and your friends where having a discussion about foreigners and wonder if you could tell us what it is you like about here and how they came to be here.  It could be anything really, and being with your friends could make you more comfortable than just being a lone wolf looking for prey which would not appear too good and may draw suspicion.  If you talk just out of curiosity I'm sure that within a minute you will be invited to their table and ask what you would like to drink (don't say whiskey!).  Maybe a soft drink or a spy or something.

Go slowly, show you have value, and they will respect you more for it rather than just a piece of meat.  My GF took 6 months to win over and I think that is too long...I'd just about given up and she suddenly realised it.  The only other one before that took 6 weeks to win over and I thought that was a long time! A few weeks I would say is about right before getting more serious, but you can flirt all the way from day one if it is done with fun and playfulness.

Let us know how you get on.

The fact that most of us do not have many legitimate Thai male friends is a good indicator of just how different this culture is. Come to think of it, I can't say many of the females here have been great friends either.

23 minutes ago, eldragon said:

Lol. Fair enough, mate. And herein lies the inspiration for this thread. I know loads of Thai girls that say they're interested in foreigners, but they just can't seem to grasp the differences in our cultures, specifically the ones related to intimacy. I'm not saying they're the ones that need make all the adjustments, but if they can't identify the key points and meet half way then the relationship is probably doomed from the onset.

most thai girls i have seen dont want to work once they get a steady sponsor. with too much time on their hands things tend to go bad. thailand is an awesome country to live if you are single and i wonder why guys bother with girlfriends.

34 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

most thai girls i have seen dont want to work once they get a steady sponsor. with too much time on their hands things tend to go bad. thailand is an awesome country to live if you are single and i wonder why guys bother with girlfriends.

It's amazing how many guys will actually enter into these sponsor deals with girls. Who wants to pay a girl to loaf around all day?

2 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

It's amazing how many guys will actually enter into these sponsor deals with girls. Who wants to pay a girl to loaf around all day?

girl tells the guy i hate my job, guy believes he is doing the girl a favor by paying her a salary. lots of guys want to buy exclusive rights to the girl. good luck with that.

13 hours ago, DSJPC said:

I admire some lengthy diatribes on here, but this one takes the cake!...obviously this guy has no life...I sincerely hope he keeps following his "hearth"  up the chimney!!!

First off, yes currently I am not exactly feeling too happy (still mourning)  but I do have a life. But I would love to hear what and why you disagree with what I wrote. Are you one of those "men are from Mars, women from Venus, Thai/Asians from an other universe" type of people? Beg to differ that (Thai or all?) women are looking for love in a relationship or that such a thing is less important then finding a guy who lets them sit at home with a 'salary' (555)?

I might take my entire post back and go with what JJgreen suggested on page 1. 

2 hours ago, eldragon said:

What gives rise to the question you posed in the OP, ED???  Why are you asking?

It's a myth that Thai women don't care about a farang's looks.

They do care but they're just more willing to ignore those concerns if they think there's a payoff.

Why do you think so many of these women with less-than-attractive farangs almost always have a 'brother' in the background?

BTW, I've seen hundreds of farang men knocked back by Thai women are who are most definitely in the market for foreigners

Hundreds knocked back! Seen with your very own eyes!
Where can I go to watch this happening, sounds like fun!

12 hours ago, JJGreen said:

Hundreds knocked back! Seen with your very own eyes!
Where can I go to watch this happening, sounds like fun!

Go to any hooker-free, farang-oriented bar or club in Bangkok and open your eyes

The promise of a payoff doesn't work on all Thai women

Go to any hooker-free, farang-oriented bar or club in Bangkok and open your eyes

The promise of a payoff doesn't work on all Thai women

How would u know what is being said?

More likely thai women rejecting an offer of money for the night or some poorly dressed overweight guy

Archived