What Advice Would You Give a Thai Girl?

eldragon

On 22/09/2016 at 0:16 PM, elgordo38 said:

Its kind of a gut instinct thing with me. Has been all my life. Please do not ask "How has that worked for you?" My g/f of 5 years now is much younger than me. She told me flat out she is looking for a foreigner not a Thai. All her sisters have foreign boyfriends or husbands they will not touch a Thai guy with a ten foot pole. Enough said. Older foreign men who have endured love over the years come into a mixed relationship here with more of a business attitude but only after they have been through the wringer a few times. The small head thinks less and the big head more a complete reversal. After being through the wringer twice I approached it with a business attitude. A lot will disagree but it worked for me. We hammered out a deal that we both live by faithfully. She can foresee that after I am gone she will be in a fairly good financial situation. So the long and the short of it is that it works but then she is an exceptionally honest person a rarity so to speak. I guess you could say we both won the lottery. 

Yours is the only post so far on this topic that resonates with me.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say to a Thai woman with a long-term agenda regarding a Western foreigner that she should seek advice from other Thai women who have been or are presently in such a relationship and if she can read English or get it read to her, visit Thaivisa's very own 'Ladies in Thailand' forum.

If she's absolutely set on a Western guy, she should do her best to head to a Western country.

The majority of Western men in Thailand - young or old - aren't exactly the cream of what their countries have to offer.

Last thing she wants is a fly by night, non-committal TEFL teacher on 30k or a scowling, possessive old buzzard.

On 9/22/2016 at 10:26 PM, pbeieio said:

If you want to stop sounding like an ignorant, stupid, racist bigot, then STOP USING THE TERM "FARANG"!!!

If the "F" word winds you up that much you must have had a pretty sheltered life , or maybe you just need to stop being offended on behalf of the majority who don't give a damn

1 hour ago, YeahSiam said:

Then you're either lying or you're mistaken.

There aren't any hookers there just as there aren't at places like Badmotel and Beam.

Given the number of hookers in this town, it's naive to think none of them would go to high-end clubs and hotel bars.

53 minutes ago, eldragon said:

Given the number of hookers in this town, it's naive to think none of them would go to high-end clubs and hotel bars.

Given farang-chasing hookers gravitate to locations where they're more likely to find paying punters, it's pretty naive to think they'd flock to higher-end bars in which the patrons are overwhelmingly Thai.

I don't see many Thai men in hooker-meccas like Bangkok Beat, Spasso, Insanity or Climax but then again, I'm not the kind of man who thinks that any Thai woman wearing a dress and make up is a prostitute.

12 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

Given farang-chasing hookers gravitate to locations where they're more likely to find paying punters, it's pretty naive to think they'd flock to higher-end bars in which the patrons are overwhelmingly Thai.

I don't see many Thai men in hooker-meccas like Bangkok Beat, Spasso, Insanity or Climax but then again, I'm not the kind of man who thinks that any Thai woman wearing a dress and make up is a prostitute.

Who said flock? I said "less". Anyway, are you now suggesting Thais don't chase hookers? Next you're gonna tell me there aren't any underage girls at the bars either? Actually, don't answer those questions. They're off topic. I was just making a casual joke about the number of hookers in BKK. But you're right. Going to a club or pub that is not notorious for hookers is sound advice for a good Thai girl looking for a foreigner.

• 2 weeks later...

Supply and Demand

If you want western men then find out what they like and dislike about women and then follow through.

Most, not all, western men are against the feminist movement that has been going on in the west. they prefer the obedient/ traditional woman that caters to their man. ironically, thai women are already like this. Which is why western men come to thailand looking for wives. I would say that as a girl in thailand you are already on your way to being attractive to western men if you do follow thai traditions

Archived