Video: Foreign bikers gang up on Thais in shocking Pattaya violence

webfact

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Typical. No consideration of what the little thugs did to the farangs car.

Thai justice strikes again

Well...lets assume they have the money to easily pay their way out and just paid to get it over with.

However if they are as tough as they think they are, or supposedly are, I would like to see them not pay one  baht and call it even, as it is clear now that both parties did damage...so both parties are even.

I surmise the bikers do not want any more heat or scrutiny concerning their "Biker' activities so better to pay and move on and reminisce about the beating they laid on the insolent little twerps...lol

On 9/22/2016 at 1:57 PM, gdgbb said:

Typical thuggish behaviour from <deleted> who think they're hard men in groups.

I disagree: this thread of replies to this topic shows how frustrated many foreigners in Thailand have become with various kinds of experiences of their own - whether that be being involved or otherwise - and the countless, highly common and therefore rather 'usual' stories of similar incidents.

It is highly unlikely this is "Typical" thuggish behaviour at all: far more likely is it is a reflection of the above by (arguably or not) typical thugs. There is a difference.

You seem to be saying that cowardly actions like head-kicking with unfair odds are the mark of thugs and I couldn't disagree, but the attackers in this case have probably been in and out of Thailand many times and are most likely staying long(ish) term in SE Asia.

I am not justifying their actions, of course, but there is more to the picture here than mere thuggery.

Chickens coming painfully home to roost might be one way some might put it.

In the Thai press they're saying two of the Thais were paid a combined compensation of 150,000 Baht from the foreigners along with damages to their motorcycle and the third Thai was paid 5000 Baht.

Two of the 3 Australians have been interviewed by the police, with a third still to be called in.

Police said they are still awaiting doctors' reports on the injuries and there may yet be a criminal prosecution for assault.

In western cultures the concept of a 'man on man' fight has been entrenched for a long long time. Going right back to fights with swords to settle disputes, through to duels with pistols. It is reflected in the fist fighting (boxing) whereby two men stand face to face and under certain rules, and they 'have at it'.

In Thai culture there is no history of such a concept or mechanism for the settlement of disputes between two men.  Here disputes are escalated to matters between families and then further to villages etc etc etc.  It is one of the reasons why here it is unacceptable to insult/offend another person - disputes will escalate.  Thai boxing is reflective of the modern Thai society - there are rules, but the use of elbows and knees and feet is allowed.

Our western beliefs of what is a 'fair' fight, and our values about the honour of fighting fairly man-on-man, do not apply here. The lesson is clear - avoid arguing with or offending young male Thais.

Having said all that - it has been an interesting  few days listening and watching the Thai media talk about this matter. There has been very little acknowledgement (according to wife) that the Thai boys were wrong to have grouped together and attacked the bikers vehicle.  The indignation of the Thais having been beaten up, completely clouds their thinking about whether they were right or wrong to attack the Expats. TiT :)

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

To be honest mate,   Thais guys are much worse than the bikers

will ever be.  The bikers would know when to stop.

Thai guys dont.     Have a read round the internet and see what these

young Thai  guys do to old tourists for the smallest of imfringments

its truly disguising.  :bah: 

I know of only one incident/video where older tourists were assaulted by Thais, and despite what many farang want to believe, the tourists brought it upon themselves, just look at the video.  

As for these knuckle draggers, all i see are 3 over fed grunts ganging up on someone half their size.  If they were real men as they try so hard to appear to be, it should only take one of them to deal with the Thai.

In the end, karma will mete out its own form of justice to these knuckleheads.

12 minutes ago, nemrut said:

I know of only one incident/video where older tourists were assaulted by Thais,

Was it a bottle over the head for some old guy in Pattaya recently? If you know of only one incident you can be sure there are plenty more.

16 minutes ago, nemrut said:

I know of only one incident/video where older tourists were assaulted by Thais, and despite what many farang want to believe, the tourists brought it upon themselves, just look at the video.  

As for these knuckle draggers, all i see are 3 over fed grunts ganging up on someone half their size.  If they were real men as they try so hard to appear to be, it should only take one of them to deal with the Thai.

I know of only one incident/video where older tourists were assaulted by Thais

So, you're fresh off the boat then.

14 minutes ago, nemrut said:

If you think for 1 minute there is anyone good in that video of bikers and Thai guys,     You are Bananas.

They did the Thai guy,    Thai style,   as the others run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

they deserve the Colonel award.

replicate-colonel-sanders-kentucky-fried-chicken-secret-recipe.1280x600.jpg

11 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

If you think for 1 minute there is anyone good in that video of bikers and Thai guys,     You are Bananas.

They did the Thai guy,    Thai style,   as the others run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

they deserve the Colonel award.

replicate-colonel-sanders-kentucky-fried-chicken-secret-recipe.1280x600.jpg

regarding the 2 friends........They didn't ponder the saying 'get on your bike'....or a friend in need is a friend indeed:shock1:

Just read in the paper that cannot be mentioned, the bikers had to pay Baht 150,000 in compensation. Strange that Thai's never have to pay anything like that no matter what what they do.

I am not saying they shouldn't have paid it but things are totally out of sync depending on your nationality

9 hours ago, sahibji said:

you can not hit and run. so the issue is not the thai position or otherwise. they should have stopped after hitting another vehicle. similarly the owners of the  vehicle was hit do not have to play heroes and give chase. i am pretty sure they would beaten up the driver if he was alone.

Ah, but then again, did they actually hit the bike, we only have the thai version..

11 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Just read in the paper that cannot be mentioned, the bikers had to pay Baht 150,000 in compensation. Strange that Thai's never have to pay anything like that no matter what what they do.

I am not saying they shouldn't have paid it but things are totally out of sync depending on your nationality

A complete farce is what it is gandalf!

So.......You can pay compensation to avoid criminal charges......systemically corrupt and unprincipled

Let's screw another foreigner.......

4 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Could have continued to escalate further.  Out comes a knife or a 9mm pistol, shots are fired,  bullets go astray into a nearby noodle shop, killing a 6 year old girl having dinner with her Mom.  

Over some damage to a motorbike. 

Wow, you should write novels.... love the imagination, hey, an elephant could have run amock and sorted all of them out.

2 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Wow, you should write novels.... love the imagination, hey, an elephant could have run amock and sorted all of them out.

Thanks but that didn't take much imagination.  It's a very plausible scenario, most likely to end with TVF members saying "RIP" and "Tragic, senseless loss of life", etc., etc.

Pretty predictable they would pay the compensation and make all this go away, heat on the club is not wanted, so easier to just pay the compensation and sort it out later, if they wanted to, they could of fought it with the damage to the car etc but that would mean dragging it out, easier to just agree to pay, and sort it out later.

The thai guys should enjoy their money knowing its 81 money :whistling: many of you may not know but there are MANY THAI Hells Angels also not just farang

150,000 ?

That is pure EXTORTION. 

Thailand is systemically corrupt. 

How much did the elderly Scottish couple receive from their Thai-style beat down which left them unconscious in the street ?

They got bunch of flowers tho

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nemrut said:

I've seen a number of videos of Thais ganging up on lone farangs (and other Thais) ... and I've not been here that long. 

The correct action by the Thai's would be to get license plate # and call police. Taking the law into your own hands can have its risk's as shown. We don't even know if the bikers knew that they had hit the bike. If it had been a 60 yr old Thai with his family the Thai kids would have likely beat him unconscious.

I am quite surprised by many of the comments - People seemed to have forgot that the Van of Bikers trashed a person's scooter. They did not stop to acknowledge the incident that was clearly their fault. If it happened to you, like when a car hits another car and they did not stop, you'd give chase too.

The Thai fella needed to confront the driver so he can get compensated for the damage they did to his scooter. He was unlikely looking for a fight. 

I don't need to detail the rest....it is evident what happened and the beaten boy was a unfortunate victim of a hit and run and a violent beating. Their faces are clearly seen, there are so many eye witnesses and it was on Thai news. Those 4 thugs will now see a special side of Justice - Thai style and their jails ain't nothing like Belgian or German jails (wherever they are from) and they will now be in general population and every hard core thai gangsters/murderers will give them a very very warm welcome. What they will do to them will be far worse than the kid that got smacked up. I'm actually more worried for the bikers now! 

I am quite surprised by many of the comments - People seemed to have forgot that the Van of Bikers trashed a person's scooter. They did not stop to acknowledge the incident that was clearly their fault. If it happened to you, like when a car hits another car and they did not stop, you'd give chase too.

The Thai fella needed to confront the driver so he can get compensated for the damage they did to his scooter. He was unlikely looking for a fight. 

I don't need to detail the rest....it is evident what happened and the beaten boy was a unfortunate victim of a hit and run and a violent beating. Their faces are clearly seen, there are so many eye witnesses and it was on Thai news. Those 4 thugs will now see a special side of Justice - Thai style and their jails ain't nothing like Belgian or German jails (wherever they are from) and they will now be in general population and every hard core thai gangsters/murderers will give them a very very warm welcome. What they will do to them will be far worse than the kid that got smacked up. I'm actually more worried for the bikers now! 

I guess you don't read the posts. It's all over now!

Archived