Buying a Mazda 2 XD Sports High Plus L

Geoffsilverfox

A few days ago my wife and I ordered a new Mazda 2 XD Sports High Plus L, the top of the range.  One of the attractive features of the car, was the satellite navigation system.

Today we had a call to say the car had been delivered to the dealership.  When I asked to see the navigator working, we were told by the salesman that we would have to pay 15,000 baht for an SD card.  I refused to pay this, and the price was reduced to 10,000 baht, and then to 9,000 baht.  We walked away from the new car and came home.  A call to Mazda in Bangkok revealed that the true price of the SD card is 16,500 baht.

Somehow I regard this as sharp practice.  The car in question has all the parts needed for navigation, except, the SD card.

Since we have only paid 10,000 baht deposit to order the car, the dealer can keep the car, and we will keep our money.  I am wondering if I would have to pay extra if I want 4 wheels.

Many thanks ThaiWai for the info.

Update.........After hearing that the salesman had reduced his price to 9,000 baht, but wanted the money paid into his own private bank account, we decided to walk away from the deal.  Then....we received a call from the dealership owner, to tell us the SD card would now be free.  The next day we went to the dealership to collect our new car, and were told that the salesman had been suspended for one week, and a repetition of his behaviour would result in the termination of his employment.

• 1 year later...
On 9/26/2016 at 3:17 AM, Geoffsilverfox said:

Many thanks ThaiWai for the info.

Update.........After hearing that the salesman had reduced his price to 9,000 baht, but wanted the money paid into his own private bank account, we decided to walk away from the deal.  Then....we received a call from the dealership owner, to tell us the SD card would now be free.  The next day we went to the dealership to collect our new car, and were told that the salesman had been suspended for one week, and a repetition of his behaviour would result in the termination of his employment.

Do they ever sack anybody in Thailand?

Archived