Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Bus destroyed in roadside fire - ten staff flee for their lives

Recommended Posts

Bus destroyed in roadside fire - ten staff flee for their lives

 

a2.jpg

Image: Thairath

 

RAYONG: -- A bus travelling in the ban Chang area of Rayong burst into flames yesterday as ten employees on their way to work fled just in time.

 

Driver Chainarong Ratmanee, 44, had smelled smoke and stopped, advising everyone to get off the six wheeler, reported Thairath

 

It was just in time - fire spread rapidly from the back into the passenger compartment and gutted the vehicle.

 

Fire services took 30 minutes to quell the flames but by this time the bus was a blackened shell.

 

The workers were going to the C Wan company around 7am Thursday along route 337 in the Samnak Thon sub-district.

 

Police and fire investigators are probing the blaze but initial thoughts suggest a faulty compressor was to blame.

 

Source: Thairath

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-23
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The alternator and air compressors are run by 'V' belts, seems strange to blame the compressor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, webfact said:

It was just in time - fire spread rapidly from the back into the passenger compartment and gutted the vehicle.

 

Made in Thailand bus, by the grace of god the bus was not full of people,

fire retarded material? what's that? not in our country, too expensive, too hard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSJ said:

The alternator and air compressors are run by 'V' belts, seems strange to blame the compressor!

 

I read it to mean those compressing matters between one's ears...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSJ said:

The alternator and air compressors are run by 'V' belts, seems strange to blame the compressor!

And those components are in the engine compartment at the rear.....where the fire supposedly started, but I would  guess is the NG bottles may have been leaking..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Driver Chainarong Ratmanee, 44, had smelled smoke and stopped, advising everyone to get off " lucky passengers, the driver didn't flee alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to the quick thinking driver. I do however not understand how the fire can spread so quickly (as reported).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Naroge said:

Kudos to the quick thinking driver. I do however not understand how the fire can spread so quickly (as reported).

plastic fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...