BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Policeman, bar security officer killed in Samui bar fight

Policeman, bar security officer killed in Samui bar fight

The Nation 

SAMUI: -- A policeman was fatally shot and a security guard was killed when a drunk cop allegedly opened fire at a bar on Koh Samui following a quarrel early Friday. Another policeman and four other civilians were injured.

Police Lance Corporal (L/C) Narongsak Khamchai was arrested at the scene of charge killing and injuring others. The shooting incident happened at 2 am at the Camp Beer bar in Tambon Bophut of Koh Samui district.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Policeman-bar-security-officer-killed-in-Samui-bar-30296004.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-23

Best cops in the world according to ex RTP head honcho Somyot. So i wonder how long this guy's stint in the inactive post office will last ?

I've always heard the "don't hang out where cops hang out".  This is the best reason to not be near these wanna be cops.

Samui shootout leaves two dead, five injured

SAMUI: -- A shootout broke out late last night in front of a famous entertainment venue, Camp Beer, on Koh Samui leaving two dead, a police officer and a security guard.

Five were injured. They are two police officers, and three guards of the entertainment venue.

Bo Phut police said the killed officer was Pol Lance Corporal Kachornsak Soisangwarn, a police officer at Bo Phut police  station. He was just posted to the police station to work recently.

The shootout happened at Camp Beer restaurant around midnight after the bar closed.

Investigation revealed that the officer and two colleagues, all in plainclothes, had a drink at the bar, and engaged in a quarrel with a group of teenagers dining and drinking  inside.

Nothing happened until the bar closed and the two groups were asked by guards to leave and settle their dispute outside.

But shortly after both groups left for talk outside, a brawl broke out and several gunshots were fired.

Seven were shot and injured.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/samui-shootout-leaves-two-dead-five-injured/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-23

3 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

1 fatally shot and 1 other killed by gun fire Whats the differance ?:rolleyes:

Minor difference; just a punctual error (I am sure you understand the mistake):smile:

21 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

So its ok for cops to drink at a bar at 2 am AND bring their guns along :shock1:

Yes!

That happens when each ordinary cop can carry his gun 24/7 like in Thailand.

(waiting for comments from the Trump voters :whistling:)

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Best cops in the world according to ex RTP head honcho Somyot. So i wonder how long this guy's stint in the inactive post office will last ?

At least he was arrested....In some parts of the world, cops can  shoot people and appear to get away with it.....Lots of it in the news lately?

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes!

That happens when each ordinary cop can carry his gun 24/7 like in Thailand.

(waiting for comments from the Trump voters :whistling:)

Guns make the world a much safer place. 

2 hours ago, Chris Cardiff said:

Guns make the world a much safer place. 

Go to UK and get killed with a hammer. What is the difference, matey?

5 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I've always heard the "don't hang out where cops hang out".  This is the best reason to not be near these wanna be cops.

i thought it would be safer with cops present ( in theory).

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

what hope is there when even the cops cannot conteol themselves :sad:

failure of human thinking.