Five foreigners arrested after shooting of tourist cop in Sukhumvit as cut up body is found in their freezer

Jonathan Fairfield

Five foreigners arrested after shooting of tourist cop in Sukhumvit as cut up body is found in their freezer

tr1.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- A tourist policeman was shot in the stomach as ten cops armed with a search warrant investigated a business premises on Sukhumvit Soi 56 in Bangkok Friday afternoon.

Officer Kanchanaphong Chedech was rushed to hospital as a UK man, two Americans and two Burmese were arrested.

Met commissioner Sanit Mahathavorn and Surachet Hakpan chief of the tourist police then investigated the scene and a male body cut into five pieces was found in an industrial size freezer in the four storey property.

Ten police had arrived with a search warrant just after around 1pm and while they were carrying out the search Kanchanaphong was shot.

The maid told the police that the four men had moved in a week ago and had brought a large freezer with them. She said that it was plugged in all the time but she had not seen the men get any food or drink to put in it.

Commissioner Sanit arrived and ordered the freezer opened - they found the hand of what they originally thought was a young woman and a body covered in plaster. 

tr2.jpg

Image: Thairath

When forensics officers arrived thereafter they discovered that it was in fact a man in the freezer and he was cut up into five pieces.

Police said it was too early to say who the victim is or what relationship he had with the five arrested foreigners.

The foreigners are believed to have rented all four floors of the business premises that is next to the Kluay Nam Thai Clinic on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 56.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-23

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bangkapi said:

I want to see how this plays out.  I can't tell from the pixelated images, but as a budding TV armchair detective, I think there are Nigerians involved.

The pixelated image on the right is to spare us the sight of rather too much crack on a more than ample butt. So I'm guessing American.

An article in the Bangkok Post newspaper said when one of the suspects mentioned fake passports were in a safe in the room and the police asked him to open it, upon opening the safe the suspect reached in grabbing a pistol and then fired three shots at a policeman wounding him.  Me thinks that suspect will be spending a lot of time in prison if true.

But that firing three shots without the suspect getting cut down in a hail of returning gunfire don't sound right.

23 minutes ago, bangkapi said:

I want to see how this plays out.  I can't tell from the pixelated images, but as a budding TV armchair detective, I think there are Nigerians involved.

As per the article, "a UK man, two Americans and two Burmese were arrested"

When will the media stop showing police officials waddling about a crime scene? If criminals or suspects can be spared the media spectacle, perhaps the masses can be spared the mindless footages of <deleted> incompetence?

Well, this wins my vote for weirdest, most likely to be made into a mini series/movie story of the month. 

Body in freezer, dismembered body at that. 

Holders of said body renting premises next to a clinic (all sorts of odd and bizarre story lines possible here re body disposal)

Copper being shot at scene

Pesky foreigners. 

Fake passports. 

Get Tarantino to work on a script and we have an oscar nominee at least.  

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

We'll, this wins my vote for weirdest, most likely to be made into a mini series story of the month. 

Holders of said body renting premises next to a clinic (all sorts of odd and bizarre story lines possible here re body disposal)

Pesky foreigners. 

Fake passports. 

Need fat coppers.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

We'll, this wins my vote for weirdest, most likely to be made into a mini series story of the month. 

Pesky foreigners. 

Fake passports. 

sounds like a case for detective Sonchai Jitpleecheep

Tourist cop shooting and body in freezer latest: Victim was 45-55 year old man. Who is William Peter Johnson aged 63?

dn3.png

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Here are the latest developments in the case of the five foreigners arrested Friday when a tourist policeman was shot and a body was found in a freezer in Sukhumvit Soi 56.

Police said that the victim was 45 - 55 years old, male, and cut up in five pieces and stuffed in a black bin bag. He had been in the freezer in a downstairs room for about a month.

On the third floor investigators found what appeared to be passport printing equipment.

On the fourth floor they found seven passports - two US, four French, one UK.

dn5.jpg

dn6.jpg

One had the following details: William Peter Johnson date of birth 6th February 1953. It contained 46 different stamps. He entered Thailand on 25th August 2000 via Bangkok on flight CX 701.

There were no other details from the other passports though the report did not make it clear that the passports were blank or just that the details were not released.

The five suspects - announced earlier as one UK national, two Americans and two Burmese, were being questioned at Prakhanong police station.

Immigration police from two divisions are investigating. 

They are looking into whether the passports found are real or fakes, if there are warrants out for the suspects or whether they have broken immigration laws in other ways.

Meanwhile, Sanook.com reported that the shot tourist police officer was out of danger at the Police Hospital.

The man in the freezer was a foreign national who had been murdered.

He had had his clothes and shoes on and was in six pieces.

There were two Burmese at least one of who claimed to be a maid. They may have been a married couple.

The suspects were not living at the premises and had been using it just as a storage facility for three months.

tvn_logo.jpg

dn2.pngdn4.png

When I arrived in Thailand and settled down, I was warmly welcome by my neighbors and we're still good friends. But regarding them they don't want to meet any new foreigners just because foreigners' reputation has dropped that much that it's a shame.

Sorry, but trying to kill a cop and having a dead body, cut in pieces in a fridge is way too much to comprehend after a rough day at school.  

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Tourist cop shooting and body in freezer latest: Victim was 45-55 year old man. Who is William Peter Johnson aged 63?

dn3.png

BANGKOK:-- Here are the latest developments in the case of the five foreigners arrested Friday when a tourist policeman was shot and a body was found in a freezer in Sukhumvit Soi 56.

Police said that the victim was 45 - 55 years old, male, and cut up in five pieces and stuffed in a black bin bag. He had been in the freezer in a downstairs room for about a month.

On the third floor investigators found what appeared to be passport printing equipment.

On the fourth floor they found seven passports - two US, four French, one UK.

dn5.jpg

One had the following details: William Peter Johnson date of birth 6th February 1953. It contained 46 different stamps. He entered Thailand on 25th August 2000 via Bangkok on flight CX 701.

There were no other details from the other passports though the report did not make it clear that the passports were blank or just that the details were not released.

The five suspects - announced earlier as one UK national, two Americans and two Burmese, were being questioned at Prakhanong police station.

Immigration police from two divisions are investigating. 

They are looking into whether the passports found are real or fakes, if there are warrants out for the suspects or whether they have broken immigration laws in other ways.

tvn_logo.jpg

dn2.pngdn4.png

Doesn't the American's passport look like a fake? Human trash is sampling in Thailand these days.

And some Thais might believe we're all same same...not different.  

12 minutes ago, Tee2008 said:

The passports are fakes. The quality of printing is poor. And, they are both for the same man (the US and UK passports).  If you compare the photos closely, you can see they are the same person.

I can see that with my bad eyes, even without eye glasses. 

P.S. It's in the TV now and doesn't look good. All Thais around me make very bad comments about foreigners in general. I never did something wrong, pay my taxes, but.....holy .....

Archived