Five foreigners arrested after shooting of tourist cop in Sukhumvit as cut up body is found in their freezer

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The young guy is from the US as are the other two farangs. The bruised perp has dual nationality I believe British/US.

As I posted previously these guys are well known on Soi 22.

You are correct sir.

There's a lot more to this...but still, I'm floored by the news.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, tonywillo said:

Professional assassins, fake passports, well financed, body not disposed rather kept as proof of payment or for intimidation purposes? 

When the police put the pieces of this story together my guess is no one will believe it. 

Sounds like a great movie plot however I suggest change the location, On Nut just doesn't have the charm for the box office.

Dismembered body found in fridge during police raid in Sukhumvit 56

KHANATHIT SRIHIRANDEJ
THE NATION

30296071-01_big.jpg?1474673554164

TOURIST POLICE discovered a dismembered body in a large padlocked refrigerator yesterday when they raided a commercial building in Bangkok’s Soi Sukhumvit 56 to arrest foreign suspects allegedly involved in passport forgery and drug trafficking.

Pol Sgt Major Kanchanapong Chedech was also shot in the raid. He was later in stable condition.

Police arrested three foreign suspects, a Briton and two Americans, in the raid. 

They also seized three pistols and a certain amount of crystal meth or "ice" and marijuana. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Dismembered-body-found-in-fridge-during-police-rai-30296071.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-24

Looking at the pics of these "culprits" they seem to be at the age when should be past all this sort of "low level" behaviour. Either made enough money to retire [ from a life time of criminal behaviour ] or gave the game away long ago [cuz ur no good at it ]. It definitely smells to high heaven of something more than passports and drugs. The identity of John Doe will shed more light I am sure.

Putting a body into a freezer appears to be a way to preserve it (from stinking) until a way can be arranged to dispose of it.  Cutting it to pieces would facilitate disposal.  Years ago there was news of a Thai doctor who killed his wife, cut the body in pieces, and disposed of them down the sewer drain.  I hope justice is done, but not in too much of a frenzy.  In other words, don't assume all suspects are equally guilty of murder and shooting the cop (only one buttplug shot the gun).    

I am interested to know what the search warrant was for in the first place.

I think the maid might know, and done more, by way of being an informant, but not revealed in the story.

Interesting that she talked about the big freezer and concerned about the lack of foodstuffs being ensconced therein, as I assume she was not there 24/7 to know what went in or out of the freezer.

She may have investigated with a view to seeing what may have been available to her and made the gruesome discovery. Maybe, but this bit all supposition.

11 hours ago, Tee2008 said:

The passports are fakes. The quality of printing is poor. And, they are both for the same man (the US and UK passports).  If you compare the photos closely, you can see they are the same person.

Another clue might be.....same man......different ages.

6 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

so what are they well known for in soi 22 would be good to know as you seem to know??

They're well known for selling him a dodgy passport ... or for getting rid of his "girlfriend problem"?

The good Father needs to confess all! :cheesy:

1 hour ago, coma said:

Looking at the pics of these "culprits" they seem to be at the age when should be past all this sort of "low level" behaviour. Either made enough money to retire [ from a life time of criminal behaviour ] or gave the game away long ago [cuz ur no good at it ]. It definitely smells to high heaven of something more than passports and drugs. The identity of John Doe will shed more light I am sure.

Murder, how childish.

3 hours ago, tonywillo said:

Professional assassins, fake passports, well financed, body not disposed rather kept as proof of payment or for intimidation purposes? 

When the police put the pieces of this story together my guess is no one will believe it. 

Why keep a body in a place you hang out in? That makes no sense, what a huge risk to take. I'll be interested to know the full story.

4 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

People who smoke ice do things that don't make sense.

Mmm ... I'm thinking there is more to these guys than drug use. False passports, guns, body in freezer, shooting a cop, etc ... something a bit bigger going on here. 

10 million residents of BKK, probably 15 million......21 million tourists a year.....

and we get a couple clowns who are certainly evil....

these things happen EVERY day.....i'm just glad they caught them...

because maybe one of us would be next....

1 hour ago, playbgnow said:

Any mention as to why the police had a search warrant? 

57 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

I am interested to know what the search warrant was for in the first place.

I think the maid might know, and done more, by way of being an informant, but not revealed in the story.

Interesting that she talked about the big freezer and concerned about the lack of foodstuffs being ensconced therein, as I assume she was not there 24/7 to know what went in or out of the freezer.

She may have investigated with a view to seeing what may have been available to her and made the gruesome discovery. Maybe, but this bit all supposition.

Nobody watches the news? The search warrant was based on evidence of drug dealing and sales of counterfeit passports.

Archived