Five foreigners arrested after shooting of tourist cop in Sukhumvit as cut up body is found in their freezer

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mmm ... I'm thinking there is more to these guys than drug use. False passports, guns, body in freezer, shooting a cop, etc ... something a bit bigger going on here. 

Obviously there is more going on than their drug use but it could well be that their drug use has resulted in their reckless and irrational behavior and is ultimately the only reason they have gotten themselves caught.

11 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I can see that without really looking for certain criteria. Just wondering how this guy traveled with that thing?

traveling through 3rd world countries wouldn't be a problem if its a good fake, especially if its through border entries or immigration who does not have systems linked up to interpol or US database.

I can see that with my bad eyes, even without eye glasses. 

P.S. It's in the TV now and doesn't look good. All Thais around me make very bad comments about foreigners in general. I never did something wrong, pay my taxes, but.....holy .....

You could try reminding people of some simple facts about Thailand, it is hardly a foreigner phenomena in this country with 10% of the population owning guns and one of the highest rates of gun murder in the world.

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Tourist cop shooting and body in freezer latest: Victim was 45-55 year old man. Who is William Peter Johnson aged 63?

dn3.png

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Here are the latest developments in the case of the five foreigners arrested Friday when a tourist policeman was shot and a body was found in a freezer in Sukhumvit Soi 56.

Police said that the victim was 45 - 55 years old, male, and cut up in five pieces and stuffed in a black bin bag. He had been in the freezer in a downstairs room for about a month.

On the third floor investigators found what appeared to be passport printing equipment.

On the fourth floor they found seven passports - two US, four French, one UK.

dn5.jpg

dn6.jpg

One had the following details: William Peter Johnson date of birth 6th February 1953. It contained 46 different stamps. He entered Thailand on 25th August 2000 via Bangkok on flight CX 701.

There were no other details from the other passports though the report did not make it clear that the passports were blank or just that the details were not released.

The five suspects - announced earlier as one UK national, two Americans and two Burmese, were being questioned at Prakhanong police station.

Immigration police from two divisions are investigating. 

They are looking into whether the passports found are real or fakes, if there are warrants out for the suspects or whether they have broken immigration laws in other ways.

Meanwhile, Sanook.com reported that the shot tourist police officer was out of danger at the Police Hospital.

The man in the freezer was a foreign national who had been murdered.

He had had his clothes and shoes on and was in six pieces.

There were two Burmese at least one of who claimed to be a maid. They may have been a married couple.

The suspects were not living at the premises and had been using it just as a storage facility for three months.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-23

dn2.pngdn4.png

Theman in the freezer had been murdered! There's a possibility of an accident. TV  detectives out there what would you think that accident would be .

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Well, this wins my vote for weirdest, most likely to be made into a mini series/movie story of the month. 

Body in freezer, dismembered body at that. 

Holders of said body renting premises next to a clinic (all sorts of odd and bizarre story lines possible here re body disposal)

Copper being shot at scene

Pesky foreigners. 

Fake passports. 

Get Tarantino to work on a script and we have an oscar nominee at least.  

is it just me or have I been here too long that its really not that weird? perhaps I've been reading too much about chopped up bodies in Thailand the past year.

5 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Assuming the guys who were arrested did this and there is no reason to believe they didn't do it, then execution is the only sentence that can be given.

The following aggravated forms of murder are punishable by death: committing murder “by employing torture or acts of cruelty;” [1] murder of an ascendant, [2] murder of an official, or murder of those who assist officials; [3] murder to prepare or facilitate another offense; [4] murder “for the purpose of securing the benefit obtained through any other offence or of concealing any other offence or of escaping punishment for any other offence committed by him;” [5] murder or attempted murder of a member of the royal family; [6] and murder or attempted murder of a foreign head of state that has friendly relations with Thailand. [7]

The following offenses are punishable by death if they result in the death of a victim, even in the absence of an intent to cause death: committing a theft [9] or a gang-robbery; [10] raping a woman or girl [11] or committing “indecent acts” on a child under the age of 15; [12] having sexual relations with a girl under the age of 15, even if they are consensual; [13] forcibly detaining, enslaving or trafficking a child under 15 years; [14] kidnapping to obtain a ransom [15] or supporting such an offense; [16] and committing arson [17] or causing an explosion. [18] Causing (or attempting to cause) the death of a member of the royal family, the head of a foreign friendly state or an accredited foreign representative.

12 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Sorry, but trying to kill a cop and having a dead body, cut in pieces in a fridge is way too much to comprehend after a rough day at school.  

Nah... actually that's exactly Thaiststyle. The only thing here was me wondered that foreigners are involved. If they were all Thais...daily business.

230 volts at their thingy might answer all open questions easily. It could have been one of our relatives, please see it that way. Killed because of some money, drugs, car, or ....................stop, it makes me throw up now. 

P.S. He seems to have a headache now......and he's innocent. 

Headache.png

Could have been one of our relatives? Speak for yourself. My relatives arent into crime, so won't rub shoulders with this element, hence won't upset them and end up chopped up in a freezer.

Don't know what your relatives are involved in.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Dismembered body found in fridge during police raid in Sukhumvit 56

KHANATHIT SRIHIRANDEJ
THE NATION

30296071-01_big.jpg?1474673554164

TOURIST POLICE discovered a dismembered body in a large padlocked refrigerator yesterday when they raided a commercial building in Bangkok’s Soi Sukhumvit 56 to arrest foreign suspects allegedly involved in passport forgery and drug trafficking.

Pol Sgt Major Kanchanapong Chedech was also shot in the raid. He was later in stable condition.

Police arrested three foreign suspects, a Briton and two Americans, in the raid. 

They also seized three pistols and a certain amount of crystal meth or "ice" and marijuana. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Dismembered-body-found-in-fridge-during-police-rai-30296071.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-24

But Westerners don't deal or smuggle drugs and they certainly don't shoot police officers

58 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Why keep a body in a place you hang out in? That makes no sense, what a huge risk to take. I'll be interested to know the full story.

let me apologize for lostinisaan critical thinking as it really doesn't fit on tv forum.

i think what he was eluding to is keeping the body as proof that perhaps a job was done. proof to possible purchasers of the job.

or secondly keeping the body to show to potential enemies can keep them in line.

the face in the passport pic looks familiar. looks like a face seen before on a website promoting a business with farang involvement. i cant recall, maybe legal services or visa or school for ed visa ??

14 hours ago, Pib said:

An article in the Bangkok Post newspaper said when one of the suspects mentioned fake passports were in a safe in the room and the police asked him to open it, upon opening the safe the suspect reached in grabbing a pistol and then fired three shots at a policeman wounding him.  Me thinks that suspect will be spending a lot of time in prison if true.

But that firing three shots without the suspect getting cut down in a hail of returning gunfire don't sound right.

Not certain of usual procedures but allowing suspects access to concealed items should be done with extreme caution or not at all. There seems to be a lack of standard practices with the police here. One used to be letting them anble off to the toilet, out the window and down the road and off to freedom.

They could have got the body from a morgue or dug it up in a graveyard. Nobody said these perps killed the guy in the freezer. I bet the UK guy came up with the idea of cutting the body into five pieces ala BrickTop in Snatch. The Myranmar's probably knew a guy that has a pig farm.

4 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

They could have got the body from a morgue or dug it up in a graveyard. Nobody said these perps killed the guy in the freezer. I bet the UK guy came up with the idea of cutting the body into five pieces ala BrickTop in Snatch. The Myranmar's probably knew a guy that has a pig farm.

That's what I thought all along.  Probably just medical students doing their homework.  

How do people end up being this rotten and desensitised to what they are doing in the quest for money. Someone needs to develop the technology that instantly vapourises an individual who has any thought of doing such an evil thing. I suspect if this was implemented we would be deafened by the ensuing chorus of "POOFS" of people being vapourised. Truley diabolical story and it appears Tarantino is indeed closer to the truth in his movies than he or most normal people think. People like this should be treated to the same demise they impossed on others so they can endue the same suffering and fate!!!!!!

11 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

It all sounds very weird.  It's possible not all the farang on the scene are baddies.  One guy shoots a cop. However lamentable, they didn't all grab guns and shoot people.  For some of the farang, it could have been: being at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Generally, it puts an ugly spin on farang in Thailand - along with the farang bikers pummeling a Thai in Pattaya a couple of days ago.  

I live in a neighborhood, where everyone knows me and we exchange friendly greetings daily.  Then a shitstorm (like the OP article) happens, and it makes all (most or many) Thais take a step back and wonder, "how sick-minded are farang?"

As for Tarantino: yea, he could probably make a movie out of it.  Shots fired every minute, as well as blood in every frame, and hundreds of cuss words tossed to and fro.

Well we are not more sick than Thai's, just think a little about it ? Raping babies, raping their own children, murdering, genocide by vehicles, assaults by teachers, military courts, bombs on a daily basis and corruption by every Thai. Next time they look at you, just show them a Thai newspaper it will bring them down from their pedestal.

2 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

How do people end up being this rotten and desensitised to what they are doing in the quest for money. Someone needs to develop the technology that instantly vapourises an individual who has any thought of doing such an evil thing. I suspect if this was implemented we would be deafened by the ensuing chorus of "POOFS" of people being vapourised. Truley diabolical story and it appears Tarantino is indeed closer to the truth in his movies than he or most normal people think. People like this should be treated to the same demise they impossed on others so they can endue the same suffering and fate!!!!!!

An advocate for the thought police, that is unusual. I think it fairer to only vaporize those who carry out their evil thoughts rather than the law abiding and perfectly normal folk who have the odd very bad idea but realize they are bad and do not do them.

13 hours ago, Tee2008 said:

The passports are fakes. The quality of printing is poor. And, they are both for the same man (the US and UK passports).  If you compare the photos closely, you can see they are the same person.

No shit Sherlock?    5555

Hardly underway with any kind of investigation and the TV Sherlock Holmes of this world are already telling us their amazing theories of what went on instead of just waiting a day or so as evidence comes to light. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, ,eh?

The most neurotic posts on here are by those who seem to imply that they have some kind of magical or psychic abilities as to what the Thais are now thinking about foreigners because of this incident and a few Hells angel bikers in Pattaya, giving some Thai a kicking.

Well firstly, evidence has come to light that the bikers had retaliated after a young group of Thai males had attacked the pick up following a minor collision not knowing that it contained four burly Hells angels; the Thais were using  machetes and sticks. True to form there was a young mob of them not caught on the CCTV as it happened prior to what was shown, no doubt " cameras weren't working " in the aforementioned attack  will be their answer. They get their ass kicked, then like the cowards they are, go running to the police. The Hells angels will be offering compensation merely to avoid a court case, bail, lawyers rip off charges and bail monies meaning an extended stay in Thailand.

Next, too early to comment on the latest " body in the fridge, police shooting, and copied passports "  I will await further information coming to light.

Moving on to the " We are all bad foreigners " and what will the Thais think of us,written by some obsequious Thai ass crawling posters. They won't think much is the answer, because few of them actually take time out to use their grey matter!!! Even the xenophobic Thais cannot class all the millions of foreigners that pass through these lands yearly as all the same or they are even more stupid than we give them credit for.

What about atrocities committed by Thais?

1. Recent murder of an elderly Japanese by a woman and her " brother " aka husband. It then comes to light there have been others, murdered, dismembered and thrown in the Chao Phra river, all for insurance money.

2. The murders in Chiang Mai of Kirsty Jones, attempts by police to masturbate and plant DNA on a foreigners and forensics proving the perpretator was an Asian.

3.The disgusting attacks in Hua Hin at Songkran on a grandmother and her husband and son.

4. The Koh Tao fit up of the Burmese boys.

5.The daily attacks by motorbike taxi gangs in Pattaya on foreigners who have had too much to drink.

6.Recent murders of two Lao women in Kalasin by three Thai males, bodies raped, murdered and dumped in a rubber plantation.

These are not even the tip of the iceberg as to violence committed by Thais against foreigners and their own people on a REGULAR basis and some of the reasons given are just impossible to comprehend.

We hear daily of sex attacks and murders carried out by Thai Paedophiles and Yaa. Baa addicts, so please the do gooders on here; do not attempt to suggest foreigners are the root of the problem in Thailand's messed up society nor will many be shocked by recent events. They may pretend to be shocked and horrified because it involves foreigners, but is nothing more than a whitewash to cover up the misdeeds of Thais in general,

Obviously amateurs, there are lots of pig farms and crocodiles farms everywhere in thailand. They will eat up all parts in the freezer. Grind them up first and boiled them then bring them to the farms.

Rule number one- only fools shoot policeman.

Archived