Five foreigners arrested after shooting of tourist cop in Sukhumvit as cut up body is found in their freezer

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

P.S. It's in the TV now and doesn't look good. All Thais around me make very bad comments about foreigners in general. I never did something wrong, pay my taxes, but.....holy .....

Don't worry, we can't do anything more shocking than what Thais themselves are capable of.

13 hours ago, Tee2008 said:

The passports are fakes. The quality of printing is poor. And, they are both for the same man (the US and UK passports).  If you compare the photos closely, you can see they are the same person.

Mine may be fake too then as I see no difference in Quality of printing on the US one.

51 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I cannot post what I know at this stage due to an ongoing Police investigation. 

Suffice to say the three initially arrested are all US citizens and one has dual nationality which is British, so a minor error in the reports so far.

Two more gang members arrested last night, and their apartments searched, just been posted up in the news forum.

Thanks buddy. Please keep us posted as best you can.

15 hours ago, HoboKay said:

When will the media stop showing police officials waddling about a crime scene? If criminals or suspects can be spared the media spectacle, perhaps the masses can be spared the mindless footages of <deleted> incompetence?

Incompetence?

They just risked their lives to successfully bust some very dangerous criminals.

if you are so offended then just close your eyes. 

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

They could have got the body from a morgue or dug it up in a graveyard. Nobody said these perps killed the guy in the freezer. I bet the UK guy came up with the idea of cutting the body into five pieces ala BrickTop in Snatch. The Myranmar's probably knew a guy that has a pig farm.

You are the only poster to make this astute observation--at this time there is no proof the body in the freezer was murdered. 

Still, these are some very wierd guys. 

Who dropped the dime? The cleaning lady?

8 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

the shooter must be a little bit deranged to shoot a cop with armed cops around him,what did he expect to gain from that as was not going to escape.....and looks like they re arranged his face already before even leaving the premises,does make me laugh where reports say was a routine search,what is that?? they been grassed already for a search to happen but they must be fuking stupid to keep a body in a freezer..it wasnt no maid that grassed but another farang for sure..my guess is they kept it there to frighten other lower "colleagues"as to what could happen to them if they didnt do as told!!..............boiler room group or ??,the cops will know everything in 24 hrs even if they didnt know already before going..torture is a beautiful thing!! it works on all! and fairly quickly..just wait till tomorrows news for full details......a bit hard to pay out on this one as dead bodies,police shot and press involved....that would now really cost a fortune for the boss to take care of it, i think someone not being paying the BIB insurance premium lately..silly boys.goodbye

Torture is a foul thing. 

Anyone one being tortured will eventually say what the the torturer wants them to say. 

If you want the truth it's useless. 

Have some people lost their minds?

No doubt more prisons will have to be constructed soon.

Time to pull the machine gun out of storage for death sentence executions.

They could all be sentenced to death or life.

Who is William Peter Johnson ????

A man in a whole lot of trouble while who ever he his, real name or not, he probably thought he could get away with his activities and never be detected or caught out for his involvement in such nefarious enterprises while he is probably mistakenly thinking he can buy his way out of his involvement in such heinous criminal activities.

This one is real Juicy, and intriguing, while I hope ( Prey to Buddha ) the police and the media hound dogs thoroughly follow up on this case and continue to supply us with all the relevant details while we may learn there is far more to it than meets the eye....but lets learn what develops with this seeming bizarre case.

Cheers 

13 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I can see that with my bad eyes, even without eye glasses. 

P.S. It's in the TV now and doesn't look good. All Thais around me make very bad comments about foreigners in general. I never did something wrong, pay my taxes, but.....holy .....

There are no criminals amongst Thais. Yeah. 

I can't see how it would hurt farang reputation in thailand or make any difference to the current reputation. Some really weird posts here about that. As long as you have money you will be welcomed with open arms anywhere 'cept a Japanese Korean bath house. 

7 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

There are no criminals amongst Thais. Yeah.

Oh they know that...but they all agree with one another rather than having a logical opposing view while they will also agree that all foreigners are bad if they are done wrong by say, one foreigner........Or the crimes committed by foreigners are much worse and need to be scrutinized more so  ...as is the Collective Thai mentality regarding foreigners ............Not all, but far too many....

Farang My Dee ...Kohn Thai Dee....Chai My ??.........lol

Cheers

15 hours ago, Thian said:

His face already looks like after a boxingmatch. 

Of course, a farang killing a Thai is bad but a Thai policeman!

I worked with a guy who  killed his Thai girlfriend. He was beaten to a pulp immediately. I wonder if he is still alive, this was over 20 years ago. 

14 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

When I arrived in Thailand and settled down, I was warmly welcome by my neighbors and we're still good friends. But regarding them they don't want to meet any new foreigners just because foreigners' reputation has dropped that much that it's a shame.

Sorry, but trying to kill a cop and having a dead body, cut in pieces in a fridge is way too much to comprehend after a rough day at school.  

I know how u feel. I moved here a while ago, lived in Pattaya 8yrs now in a village up north near Burmese border. Best move I made. Hardly any foreigners.

Just fed up of these low class scum who come here to do their dirty work an almost certainly on the run from their own country. They're mainly in Bkk ,Pattaya.or Phuket. No wonder the Thais hate us there. They just make it worse for us good guys who try to live a normal life here. I only occasionally go Pattaya or Koh Chang now for a  beach hol. 

It looks like Thailand is still the place to hide for these pieces of &lt;deleted&gt;. 

Rant over. ??

The "William Peter Johnson" old-style USA number two book is really a bad piece of work.  No digitized surface, and no hologram overlay.

Additionally, look at the 44-Character MRZ ("Machine Readable Zone")

Given this data:

PP #  = 400145261
DOB =  06-February-1953
DOE =  20-November-2011

These are the errors in the Bottom Line of the MRZ  - -

For this passport number, 400145261, the check-sum digit should be "5", not "0".

The birth day, 06-February-1953, was correctly stated as 530206, (yymmdd) but the check-sum digit for that birth date should be a "4", not a "2"

The "M" is correct for "Male" or "Female"

The passport expiration date, 20-November-2011, should be shown as 111120 (yymmdd) in the MRZ, not 110702, which any immigration computer would read as "02-July-2011".  For 111120, the correct check-sum digit is "4".

From the online photo of the American passport, this is the bottom row of that #2 book's MRZ, and it is incorrect for the data given - -

4001452610USA5302062M1107021<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<8  

This is correct, for the data given - - the bottom line in the MRZ should have been like this - -

4001452615USA5302064M1111204<<<<<<<<<<<<<<08   

And, oddly enough, the final check-sum digit, "8", is correct in their #2 book.

So, these guys got three things right in their American number two book - -

1.) The Gender is correct

2.) The tail-end check-sum digit is correct

3.) The machine-readable font appears to be the correct OCR-B-10 ttf

Stay tuned for when the USA's  "DHS/ICE"  team  "interviews" these hapless entrepreneurs.

Respectfully submitted,

JD

14 hours ago, Tee2008 said:

The passports are fakes. The quality of printing is poor. And, they are both for the same man (the US and UK passports).  If you compare the photos closely, you can see they are the same person.

well the passport had 46 stamps and was used to enter Thailand  so your eyes must be better than Immigration control at many locations

2 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

The following aggravated forms of murder are punishable by death: committing murder “by employing torture or acts of cruelty;” [1] murder of an ascendant, [2] murder of an official, or murder of those who assist officials; [3] murder to prepare or facilitate another offense; [4] murder “for the purpose of securing the benefit obtained through any other offence or of concealing any other offence or of escaping punishment for any other offence committed by him;” [5] murder or attempted murder of a member of the royal family; [6] and murder or attempted murder of a foreign head of state that has friendly relations with Thailand. [7]

The following offenses are punishable by death if they result in the death of a victim, even in the absence of an intent to cause death: committing a theft [9] or a gang-robbery; [10] raping a woman or girl [11] or committing “indecent acts” on a child under the age of 15; [12] having sexual relations with a girl under the age of 15, even if they are consensual; [13] forcibly detaining, enslaving or trafficking a child under 15 years; [14] kidnapping to obtain a ransom [15] or supporting such an offense; [16] and committing arson [17] or causing an explosion. [18] Causing (or attempting to cause) the death of a member of the royal family, the head of a foreign friendly state or an accredited foreign representative.

Totally agree with you but will these people actually get the sentence?

Just curious, anyone with enlightened thoughts to why the Tourist Police are involved in executing search warrants?

Is it the need for English proficient officers, because they were given advance knowledge there will be foreigners in a tip-off hence the search warrant?

8 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Of course, a farang killing a Thai is bad but a Thai policeman!

I worked with a guy who  killed his Thai girlfriend. He was beaten to a pulp immediately. I wonder if he is still alive, this was over 20 years ago. 

Well, that really depends on how much money you have...

Archived