Three suspects in alleged passport forgery/ body in freezer case ordered held by court

rooster59

Three suspects in alleged passport forgery/ body in freezer case ordered held by court

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqvnBKoTu6LKeC5kBIDPTacgBDfjyTBzTK85kDh.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- The three suspects in the alleged passport forgery case in which a policeman was shot and a cut up body found in a freezer have been ordered held by a Bangkok court.

The Phrakhanong Provincial court ordered the two Americans and one Briton held for 12 days until October 5th.

Charged were Aaron Thomas Gabel, 33, and James Douglas Eger, 66, of the US and Peter Andrew Colter, 56, of the UK who was not in court as he is still in the Police Hospital.

They all face five charges: attempted murder of an official on duty, hiding a corpse, resisting arrest, possession of class1-2 and 5 drugs and firearms offences.

Bail was denied due to the seriousness of charges, the potential penalty and the risk of the suspects fleeing.

Commissioner of the met police Sanit Mahathavorn said that the suspects continue to issue denials as police step up evidence gathering in Soi 56, Bang Jak, Phrakhanong and other addresses used by the men in the Sukhumvit area.

Sanit said it is believed that the corpse in the large freezer found in the business premises was cut up elsewhere and brought there.

Two Burmese people - a husband and wife - are not being treated as suspects and are helping as witnesses. The Burmese maid said that she was hired for work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.

She said that the freezer had been at the address for four months. It was padlocked and she said that it had not been moved or opened in four months.

A blond haired man was found cut into five or six pieces stuffed in a black bin bag in the freezer. Sanit said that more details about the corpse should be available on Sunday.

The US and UK embassies have been contacted to determine if the suspects are who they say they are.

The three suspects mentioned in court were all arrested in the raid on Friday afternoon when a tourist policeman was shot. He is recovering in hospital.

It was earlier reported that one of the suspects had grabbed a gun from a safe and shop officer Kanjanaphong.

No others are being held but police said that further charges could be laid against the men if other evidence emerges.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-25

I guess one will need to be held in the hospital until the bruises and swelling subside from his face. Of course they will be very careful not to let any phones for pictures in the room. I don't understand why they are all being charged for shooting the policeman, when in fact only one of them did that. It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports. Whoever is the leader of the set up, the renter of the apartment, the hirer of the maids, the buyer of the freezer and quite possibly the person that tipped the police off, is surely the murderer. Quite possibly, they were set up. 

27 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I guess one will need to be held in the hospital until the bruises and swelling subside from his face. Of course they will be very careful not to let any phones for pictures in the room. I don't understand why they are all being charged for shooting the policeman, when in fact only one of them did that. It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports. Whoever is the leader of the set up, the renter of the apartment, the hirer of the maids, the buyer of the freezer and quite possibly the person that tipped the police off, is surely the murderer. Quite possibly, they were set up. 

Like in a murder case when one is doing the actual killing, the other/s are considered

accomplices and co accused in same charge of murder,

the same is here, one shoot, all are guilty as they were a group and the guns were

belong to all,

In any case, those guys are in a shit load of troubles, and will not see sunlight for

many, many years to come....

Must  be top criminals,who keeps a body in a freezer,

with the regularity that the electricity goes off here,

and if you are involved in other criminal activity,one

day the cops might come knocking,which is what

happened.

Then panic and try and shoot your way out of it ,with

10 armed Police,sounds like one of the Americans that

had the gun.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Accomplices...Accomplices in crime....and criminal enterprises.

I am wondering just how many people are seeing the photos of the criminal Perps and realizing they know  one or some of those guys or all of them while believing they were seemingly nice guy(s)  they had met around the Farang entertainment areas....Yikes.....

Best not to be so friendly with other foreigners  or allow others to befriend you so easily as you never really know what they are up to while you could unknowingly get dragged into nefarious criminal activities and be a fall guy of sorts for scum like that.

Cheers

A blond haired man was found cut into five or six pieces stuffed in a black bin bag in the freezer. Sanit said that more details about the corpse should be available on Sunday.

How long do BIB need to count the pieces? Even my 3 year old grandaughter could count them in a few seconds...

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Quite possibly you are speculating.

31 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Accomplices...Accomplices in crime....and criminal enterprises.

I am wondering just how many people are seeing the photos of the criminal Perps and realizing they know  one or some of those guys or all of them while believing they were seemingly nice guy(s)  they had met around the Farang entertainment areas....Yikes.....

Best not to be so friendly with other foreigners  or allow others to befriend you so easily as you never really know what they are up to while you could unknowingly get dragged into nefarious criminal activities and be a fall guy of sorts for scum like that.

Cheers

Only if you stupid.

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Accessories to the shooting

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

You need Serious Professional help !

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports.

The forged passports displayed of the English guy showed his photo on both, hardly any good for people trafficking.

Funny though, i didn't see forged documents in the list of charges against them??

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

Only if you stupid.

Now that is a odd answer if  ever there was ...lol

You included, can not know what the person is up to or all about, that you met at the bar or in the hotel lobby or at the airport or at the restaurant or near anywhere for that matter where you meet people and socialize.

No one can read another person immediately and know...but given time you will or could find out or be suspicious of various people that act in ways that are concerning or questionable.

They probably met several hundred people and no one said a thing or took action until now while seldom if ever do people call the police and tell them: "I met this guy today and he seems strange so you should check him out"

That is part of how con men operate while counting on people not being suspicious or concerned...until it is too late.

Cheers

If the other 2 were just visiting Peter and had no knowledge of the body in the freezer then how can they be accomplices. Only Peter had the fake passport. Only Peter had the body in the freezer with the key.

Only Peter shot at the officer.

So far not heard anything to show the others involved.

1 arrived in December 2016.

1 arrived in march 2017.

It's certainly possible wrong place wrong time. I hope they have the brains to sing like birds.  

According to what appeared today in the Bangkok Post at least one of the foriegners (an American) may be from Northern Ireland.

That could make him a dual U.K. and U.S. national I guess.

But I wou;d not say that is true, because the Bangkok Post has frequently got such important details wrong before.

58 minutes ago, greenchair said:

If the other 2 were just visiting Peter and had no knowledge of the body in the freezer then how can they be accomplices. Only Peter had the fake passport. Only Peter had the body in the freezer with the key.

1 arrived in march 2017.

It's certainly possible wrong place wrong time. I hope they have the brains to sing like birds.  

Why are they also not being charged with entering Thailand from the future?

Apparently it was Peter that had the gun and tried to kill himself (so he said during interrogation), but there must have been a struggle and the Police officer was shot three times. He has also attempted suicide in custody already.

Peter may have a British and US passport but he speaks with an American accent, and is definitely from the US, as are the other two. 

-William Peter Johnson, 63.
Immigration police reported that they have no record of Mr Colter.
-James Douglas Eger, 66 entered the country on Nov 20 2015.
-Aaron Thomas Gabel, 33 on March 7, 2014.

All 3 are Americans.

Photographs of William Peter Johnson's desk, office. On which were a set of keys. One of the keys opened the padlock on the freezer in which the cut up body was stored.

Screenshots from news media:-1474790862672.jpg.c1ba6dfa22b60d02407d271474790885466.jpg.eab8511e720848538db6471474790898086.jpg.001f48ad2682e5741bf953

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

1 arrived in march 2017.

No chance of being Involved If they weren't In Thailand, but arriving In December and March next year.

Not sure about the wrong place, but certainly the wrong time!!

I live in the same condominium as one of the alledged accomplices. Have seen him a few times wheeling his toddler daughter in a pram. Appeared to be a very normal person, i assumed he was working in some office, did not appear like a business owner. Have talked to his wife a few times while playing with the baby girl, she is very polite and comes across as a well educated young girl from a good background. If his alledged offences are true, i am inclined to beleive that she had no knowledge at all about it. Their little baby girl is a cute angel!! Appeared to be an ideal adorable family that one would not hesitate to befriend socially.

Hard to believe that "possible homicide" is not included in the list of charges ! From their behaviour it is obvious that these farangs would not fall under the category of nice people, and I would say that there is a very strong possibility that one or all of them were involved in the demise of the dismembered body !

13 hours ago, greenchair said:

Quite possibly they were grassed up you mean surely?

I live in the same condominium as one of the alledged accomplices. Have seen him a few times wheeling his toddler daughter in a pram. Appeared to be a very normal person, i assumed he was working in some office, did not appear like a business owner. Have talked to his wife a few times while playing with the baby girl, she is very polite and comes across as a well educated young girl from a good background. If his alledged offences are true, i am inclined to beleive that she had no knowledge at all about it. Their little baby girl is a cute angel!! Appeared to be an ideal adorable family that one would not hesitate to befriend socially.

Which one James or Aaron?1474810515744.thumb.jpg.79dfa435e00fbf691474810530825.jpg.54f8acbc0a62cdf061a150

Archived