BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Three suspects in alleged passport forgery/ body in freezer case ordered held by court

Three suspects in alleged passport forgery/ body in freezer case ordered held by court

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqvnBKoTu6LKeC5kBIDPTacgBDfjyTBzTK85kDh.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- The three suspects in the alleged passport forgery case in which a policeman was shot and a cut up body found in a freezer have been ordered held by a Bangkok court.

The Phrakhanong Provincial court ordered the two Americans and one Briton held for 12 days until October 5th.

Charged were Aaron Thomas Gabel, 33, and James Douglas Eger, 66, of the US and Peter Andrew Colter, 56, of the UK who was not in court as he is still in the Police Hospital.

They all face five charges: attempted murder of an official on duty, hiding a corpse, resisting arrest, possession of class1-2 and 5 drugs and firearms offences.

Bail was denied due to the seriousness of charges, the potential penalty and the risk of the suspects fleeing.

Commissioner of the met police Sanit Mahathavorn said that the suspects continue to issue denials as police step up evidence gathering in Soi 56, Bang Jak, Phrakhanong and other addresses used by the men in the Sukhumvit area.

Sanit said it is believed that the corpse in the large freezer found in the business premises was cut up elsewhere and brought there.

Two Burmese people - a husband and wife - are not being treated as suspects and are helping as witnesses. The Burmese maid said that she was hired for work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.

She said that the freezer had been at the address for four months. It was padlocked and she said that it had not been moved or opened in four months.

A blond haired man was found cut into five or six pieces stuffed in a black bin bag in the freezer. Sanit said that more details about the corpse should be available on Sunday.

The US and UK embassies have been contacted to determine if the suspects are who they say they are.

The three suspects mentioned in court were all arrested in the raid on Friday afternoon when a tourist policeman was shot. He is recovering in hospital.

It was earlier reported that one of the suspects had grabbed a gun from a safe and shop officer Kanjanaphong.

No others are being held but police said that further charges could be laid against the men if other evidence emerges.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-25

I guess one will need to be held in the hospital until the bruises and swelling subside from his face. Of course they will be very careful not to let any phones for pictures in the room. I don't understand why they are all being charged for shooting the policeman, when in fact only one of them did that. It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports. Whoever is the leader of the set up, the renter of the apartment, the hirer of the maids, the buyer of the freezer and quite possibly the person that tipped the police off, is surely the murderer. Quite possibly, they were set up. 

27 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I guess one will need to be held in the hospital until the bruises and swelling subside from his face. Of course they will be very careful not to let any phones for pictures in the room. I don't understand why they are all being charged for shooting the policeman, when in fact only one of them did that. It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports. Whoever is the leader of the set up, the renter of the apartment, the hirer of the maids, the buyer of the freezer and quite possibly the person that tipped the police off, is surely the murderer. Quite possibly, they were set up. 

Like in a murder case when one is doing the actual killing, the other/s are considered

accomplices and co accused in same charge of murder,

the same is here, one shoot, all are guilty as they were a group and the guns were

belong to all,

In any case, those guys are in a shit load of troubles, and will not see sunlight for

many, many years to come....

Must  be top criminals,who keeps a body in a freezer,

with the regularity that the electricity goes off here,

and if you are involved in other criminal activity,one

day the cops might come knocking,which is what

happened.

Then panic and try and shoot your way out of it ,with

10 armed Police,sounds like one of the Americans that

had the gun.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Accomplices...Accomplices in crime....and criminal enterprises.

I am wondering just how many people are seeing the photos of the criminal Perps and realizing they know  one or some of those guys or all of them while believing they were seemingly nice guy(s)  they had met around the Farang entertainment areas....Yikes.....

Best not to be so friendly with other foreigners  or allow others to befriend you so easily as you never really know what they are up to while you could unknowingly get dragged into nefarious criminal activities and be a fall guy of sorts for scum like that.

Cheers

A blond haired man was found cut into five or six pieces stuffed in a black bin bag in the freezer. Sanit said that more details about the corpse should be available on Sunday.

How long do BIB need to count the pieces? Even my 3 year old grandaughter could count them in a few seconds...

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Quite possibly you are speculating.

31 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Accomplices...Accomplices in crime....and criminal enterprises.

I am wondering just how many people are seeing the photos of the criminal Perps and realizing they know  one or some of those guys or all of them while believing they were seemingly nice guy(s)  they had met around the Farang entertainment areas....Yikes.....

Best not to be so friendly with other foreigners  or allow others to befriend you so easily as you never really know what they are up to while you could unknowingly get dragged into nefarious criminal activities and be a fall guy of sorts for scum like that.

Cheers

Only if you stupid.

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Accessories to the shooting

Wow that's a 1st. Two  Burmese at the scene are not suspects  but are being treated as witnesses. Oh hang on a minute no Thais are involved an they already hav 3 farangs in  custody.

Shame the 2 Koh Tao guys wernt treated the same. 

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

You need Serious Professional help !

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

It's quite possible these guys are people smugglers, hence the need for many passports.

The forged passports displayed of the English guy showed his photo on both, hardly any good for people trafficking.

Funny though, i didn't see forged documents in the list of charges against them??