"It was consensual sex" says Koh Larn jetski operator charged with rape of Japanese tourist

webfact

"It was consensual sex" says Koh Larn jetski operator charged with rape of Japanese tourist

p2.jpg

Image: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- A Koh Larn jetski operator has denied that he raped a Japanese tourist on Saturday saying the sex they had was consensual.

Rattana Harit, 34, was arrested at his lodgings on Sunday and charged with rape, reported Thairath.

The tourist had reported to Pattaya police on Saturday alleging that she had been raped.

Rattana told police that the tourist had rented a jetski and the pair had chatted until they were friendly. They had then gone on a motorcycle trip around the island and stopped for drinks and food.

He said they were drunk and then stopped off at a room on the way and had sex once. But he said that the woman agreed to have sex with him.

He denied rape and said that he would fight the charges in court.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-26

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like she was looking for fun, had some fun then regretted it.

Easy thing to cry rape after the event.

If it was consensual he is now labeled a rapist for life , not a nice label to have.

Police need to check out his story and look for facts, not just take her word.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

If it was consensual he is now labeled a rapist for life , not a nice label to have.

And you would believe a Thai over a foreign tourist??????

3 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

And you would believe a Thai over a foreign tourist??????

Sorry,

I'm more inclined to take the word of the Japanese tourist having lived here in Thailand seeing these lecherous sorts that patrol Pattaya's shores like Soi dogs on heat.

My money's on him being guilty. However, it's by no means amateur armchair detective work it's just my common sense tells me so.

If I'm wrong, I deserve all the ridicule TV members can serve me with :coffee1:

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Easy enough for the police to investigate by visiting the places they drank and stayed, asking the staff what their impressions were.

It matters not how their relationship appeared earlier in the evening, she could have been very friendly with him, kissing him, and still later been raped by him.

3 hours ago, disambiguated said:

I personally find it difficult to believe that a female Japanese tourist would want to have a go with a male Thai jetski operator, especially as it's unlikely that they were able to communicate in a common language.

seems japanese girls in thailand just want to vacation, eat and shop.  whereas in bali many go to hook up with java beach boys very much in the same way foreign males hookup with low end thai girls that provide company.

i recall in a bali nightclub a beach boy local getting aggressive with me cause i was talking with a japanese girl. he was thinking about losing money.

Dear Japanese tourists:

For your own safety, don't socialize with Thai jet ski operators. And if you're really concerned about your safety, don't rent or use their jet skis either.

The Japanese tour companies and travel agencies really ought to include that advice in their travel advisories for Thailand.

Anyone doing otherwise is just asking for trouble, even if they don't know it.

First to blame the victim, congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Sad story all round... Whoever is guilty, it is just another Thailand image killer !!

If he did rape her, then he should suffer the consequences.

If she made up the story then she should suffer the consequences (if there are any)

It's very easy to cry rape, but not so easy to clear your name if it's a false accusation...

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes. They shouldn't just take her word for it the way you have just taken his word for it.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Sad story all round... Whoever is guilty, it is just another Thailand image killer !!

If he did rape her, then he should suffer the consequences.

If she made up the story then she should suffer the consequences (if there are any)

It's very easy to cry rape, but not so easy to clear your name if it's a false accusation...

I don't believe that "it's very easy to cry rape". In fact, I think it's just the opposite. Many rape victims feel ashamed and never report the crime.

6 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

It matters not how their relationship appeared earlier in the evening, she could have been very friendly with him, kissing him, and still later been raped by him.

Is it still rape if she changes her mind the next morning after she sobers up?

Now it sure looks like nobody thinks a woman can decide to get a little "strange" on her vacation and then have some day after regret.

Why did she pal around with him all day going to the bars ? Back in my day that often meant a woman was feeling randy.

Is that not PC to suggest?

Archived