"It was consensual sex" says Koh Larn jetski operator charged with rape of Japanese tourist

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sounds like she was looking for fun, had some fun then regretted it.

Easy thing to cry rape after the event.

If it was consensual he is now labeled a rapist for life , not a nice label to have.

Police need to check out his story and look for facts, not just take her word.

I don't think Thai men bear any burden whatsoever if they are labeled a rapist.

17 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Why not, unless you're a racist bigot of course?

In these circumstances, initially I woud believe the victim over the accused. He has more to benefit by denial and lying, than she has by accusing him after having had sex. Although if she went off with the guy on his bike, went drinkng, then into a private room with him she was taking a risk. Non of that activity suggests consent.

Just now, jacko45k said:

In these circumstances, initially I woud believe the victim over the accused. He has more to benefit by denial and lying, than she has by accusing him after having had sex. Although if she went off with the guy on his bike, went drinkng, then into a private room with him she was taking a risk. Non of that activity suggests consent.

It doesn't indeed suggest 100% consent, only about 98%!

12 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I don't believe that "it's very easy to cry rape". In fact, I think it's just the opposite. Many rape victims feel ashamed and never report the crime.

I totally agree if a rape occurred that it's a terrible ordeal, that many feel too ashamed to report.

My comment was more aimed at vindictive types who falsely report rape, I believe that is very easy to do for some people. 

On 9/26/2016 at 11:30 AM, colinneil said:

If it was consensual he is now labeled a rapist for life , not a nice label to have.

its almost as easy to cry rape as it is to sit at home in your pants and demonize the victim

On 9/26/2016 at 11:30 AM, colinneil said:

As a Thai, he should know best - pay the sinsoot first.

51 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

its almost as easy to cry rape as it is to sit at home in your pants and demonize the victim

"Demonize" the victim?

Seriously? 

Until the facts are known by a thorough investigation it is just as likely the accused is the victim.

In keeping with your theme I suppose that would make her a Sucubbus.

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

It doesn't indeed suggest 100% consent, only about 98%!

You think if a women rides on your bike with you, drinks with you and enters a room alone with you then she has 98% consented to have sex with you?  How did you work that one out?

Just now, ClutchClark said:

"Demonize" the victim?

Seriously? 

Until the facts are known by a thorough investigation it is just as likely the accused is the victim.

In keeping with your theme I suppose that would make her a Sucubbus.

yes as i said, from a distance its easy to say either one is lying. 

sorry i dint manage to be clear enough for you.

2 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

You think if a women rides on your bike with you, drinks with you and enters a room alone with you then she has 98% consented to have sex with you?  How did you work that one out?

Sounds like a Saturday afternoon for my wife and I.

Women like sex too...they are not always a victim.

I seldom see Japanese traveling alone, especially young women. The circumstances here are not typical. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It suggests consent in much of the world.

It suggests consent in Thailand.

What would public sentiment be in Japan? There is a society that has cartoon characters of childlike "adults" engaging in sex and which is quite popular in mainstream culture.

I imagine quite a few old japanese women would shake their head at her behavior and say what did she expect? 

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd say he went too far, forced her, hence the rape charge. Brave girl to report it, well done. How many haven't.

Some guys think if they've paid for drinks and food they've earned sex. No that isn't the way it works. But girls should know guys may think that.

Earned sex?

A rather interesting concept in a culture where most every male has purchased sex and most every female only provides sex after receiving some type of compensation. 

Has any man in Thailand ever had sex with a Thai woman that was not paid for in one form or another? My Thai wife has cost me plenty. It would have been much cheaper for me to have found one to rent by the hour. 

21 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Sounds like a Saturday afternoon for my wife and I.

Women like sex too...they are not always a victim.

I seldom see Japanese traveling alone, especially young women. The circumstances here are not typical. 

Perhaps you have a 98% chance of having sex with your wife, how that equates to this apparent assumption that spending time in the company of someone who is from the opposite sex means sex must be on their mind is beyond me, as is the dismissal of the right for someone to change their mind at any moment.

5 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Earned sex?

A rather interesting concept in a culture where most every male has purchased sex and most every female only provides sex after receiving some type of compensation. 

Has any man in Thailand ever had sex with a Thai woman that was not paid for in one form or another? My Thai wife has cost me plenty. It would have been much cheaper for me to have found one to rent by the hour. 

Yes, but that is you and your relationship.  Bad luck mate.

12 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Yes, but that is you and your relationship.  Bad luck mate.

Shawn,  perhaps you have never been married. 

I have yet to meet a married man who does not wince at the cost of his bride.  This is a universal truth--that means it is true the world over. 

EDIT:  have you ever heard of "jewelry"?  The entire concept of jewelry is men buy jewelry as a gift to women to get them in bed. 

7 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Shawn,  perhaps you have never been married. 

I have yet to meet a married man who does not wince at the cost of his bride.  This is a universal truth--that means it is true the world over. 

EDIT:  have you ever heard of "jewelry"?  The entire concept of jewelry is men buy jewelry as a gift to women to get them in bed. 

I am married to a Thai, she has not cost me anything, she balks at every expenditure I make and I aspire to being as humble as her. It may surprise you, but even Thai's are individuals.

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

I am married to a Thai, she has not cost me anything, she balks at every expenditure I make and I aspire to being as humble as her. It may surprise you, but even Thai's are individuals.

they call that the honeymoon stage...enjoy it for all its worth :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Earned sex?

Of course we pay either way

However with paid for sex  YOU dont pay for the sex YOU pay for the ability to WALK AWAY!

23 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Sorry,

I'm more inclined to take the word of the Japanese tourist having lived here in Thailand seeing these lecherous sorts that patrol Pattaya's shores like Soi dogs on heat.

My money's on him being guilty. However, it's by no means amateur armchair detective work it's just my common sense tells me so.

If I'm wrong, I deserve all the ridicule TV members can serve me with :coffee1:

It is exactly armchair detective work, nothing less, and for you to come to such a conclusion based on absolutely nothing at all is an indication of your total lack of common sense.

22 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...then why did she file charges....

....would like to hear her side of the story....

...did they check their blood.......etc....

She made a report to the police because she said she had been raped.

How would "checking their blood etc" help in determining whether a rape took place?

It is exactly armchair detective work, nothing less, and for you to come to such a conclusion based on absolutely nothing at all is an indication of your total lack of common sense.

Why would the Japanese girl make it up, on holiday, a lot of hassle plus brave reporting it. Motivation for making it up? None.

Archived