Briton gets 4,000 baht fine for not staying where he was registered

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, rexall said:

People hurl this slogan around "The LAW is THE LAW" and I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to mean.  

The CABBAGE is THE CABBAGE!   And the LAW is not THE CABBAGE, and the CABBAGE IS not the TAXI CAB . . .  BUT, for gawd  sake, The TAXI CAB is THE TAXI CAB!!!!  

So what?  This slogan is  jibber jabber.

Perchance you are also one of those folks who, can't see the Woods, for the Trees.

6 minutes ago, Busagon said:

This happen to my friend this week. She rent the house to foreners. they only come to Thailand for 1 week. The police come and the foreners 6 people have to pay 24000. 

the police say if she do again same, she must pay police 20000 up.

Quite believable, so you lot, tell your lady she must notify immigration that you are staying at her place, even if you paid for it...They will ask how long you have been there, and for sure an 800bht fine....Got the T-shirt..

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Hooliganzone said:

Many single people come here just on a flight and find a place to stay after they have arrived, so how can you write the name of the place your going to stay on the TM card if you don't know where.:unsure::unsure:

It's not for tourists

16 hours ago, uptheos said:

Don't be ridiculous

Update : Arrivals continued to increase in the first and second quarters of 2016. 
9.04 million visitors in the three first months, an increase of 15.45% when compared to 2015. 7.55 million visitors in the second quarter of 2016, an increase of 8.23% when compared with the second quarter of 2015, which indicates a slight loss of momentum of arrivals (15.45% increase in first quarter, compared to 8.23 % increase in the second quarter).

Anyway, if the trend continues, we may see a number of about 32-35 million tourists arriving in 2016.

The problem with this is that travelers are very fickle and if something really bad happens and hits the newspapers world wide it will surely hurt the tourist trade.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

The problem with this is that travelers are very fickle and if something really bad happens and hits the newspapers world wide it will surely hurt the tourist trade.

Indeed, like a civil war, multiple eathquakes, multiple bombings or heads being cut off around the country. Otherwise, people don't worry about the small stuff.

5 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

In the last 10 years we've had 2 coups, a major flood, an airport sit in, central Bangkok held hostage and burnt, curfews, foreigners being murdered, violent protests and bombings. Whenever these events happen there is a slight blip in visitor numbers, but people still keep coming and the numbers keep growing.

A few foreigners, that live here, getting fined for not following the rules will not deter many from coming, and any that are put off will be insignificant in the grand scheme. The only people that need worry are those here with dodgy 'permits to stay'.

When I go on holiday, I book 2 rooms in a hotel on Internet. But when I arrive I often stay in 4 or 5 different places for fun. And what about a foreigner that lands in Bkk for 2 days, then goes to pattaya, then phuket, then Chiang Mai, then back to bkk. Is it illegal? 4000 for each place? Or the 90 day reporter that goes on a road trip. is that illegal. Sometimes I stay at my thai mothers house that is not my home. is that illegal. 

I feel another headache. 

On ‎26‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, Basil B said:

Looking at the Photo... Brit??? maybe on a forged passport, did they check his freezer???

It looks like JP has tattoos aligning him to Celtic FC, I doubt he'd appreciate being referred to as a Brit.  :-)

Archived