Computers Hdd

KevinN

Now you guys got me worried.

I had David [######] here at my home ,he said he was a whiz on puters,and I was having trouble with IPTV incoming INTERNET sat. and he told me he was an expert on these things,and agreed to come and get my PC straightened out for XXX dollars, so I had him come.

He worked on the thing most of the day,and I came into the room and he was hooked up to another computer,at his work place i think, But anyway , he really screwed my machine up and I later talked to him and told him that I had to return to an earlier date on my PC,so all the changes he made were no longer in place,and told him that I didn't think that I should be charged for the work he had done, He then told me to give him my bank acct. numbers and he would deposit half of what I payed him back into my acct. Which I never did.

But do you think that I would have something on the HDD that really shouldn't be there,I do not know about such stuff.and have no idea how to find out. But since then I have had a system failure and had a different version of my OP-system installed.

I really hope that he is not what has been said,But I do know that he really came down on me for some posts that I made about sexual deviates,I kinda wondered then why,and so now maybe I know. :o

But do you think that I would have something on the HDD that really shouldn't be there,I do not know about such stuff.and have no idea how to find out. But since then I have had a system failure and had a different version of my OP-system installed.

I really hope that he is not what has been said,But I do know that he really came down on me for some posts that I made about sexual deviates,I kinda wondered then why,and so now maybe I know. 

You sound like the same guy (Sangsom on another site,too) who has been going on and on here and in other ng's about David because he didn't like something you said in the gay section of this site.

Give it a rest! I personally am getting tired of your rants and gloats.

> But do you think that I would have something on the HDD that really

> shouldn't be there,I do not know about such stuff.

No. At least not if you're worried that David could have put something there. He could of course, but I really can't see the point of that, there's absolutely no gain in it for David. I would be worried about any passwords he may have of course, and change those.

Note: A good way of finding out what kind of pictures or other stuff is on your computer is do use the regular 'search' feature.: Click the Start button, then select 'Search' and then 'For files and folders'. (wording may be a tad different between Windows versions.)

Then to search for example for pictures, search 'files and folders' for:

*.jpg

Make sure you search all local drives. It will take a while for the search to finish, could even be like 10 minutes or so! As it finds files, the file icons and names will be displayed. On recent versions of Windows, you can see a 'Thumbnail' sized version of the image by

Video files will mostly be *.avi or *.mpg or *.mpeg You could search for those as well.

Anyway, the *.jpg search mostly turns up some interesting stuff on most computers. Don't go overboard deleting stuff, it will also find some icons and things that some application software uses. Most likely it will find LOADS of files; don't be alarmed, many belong to the applications installed on your computer.

I'm doing this on my computer as we speak, and I'm finding quite a bit of dody material... mostly from the odd web-site I jumped to, or email pics people sent me, etc. :-)

Don't worry.

Cheers,

Chanchao

CHANCHAO; Thanks a bunch,,but I didn't get my first puter til I was in my late 60s and I really don't feel qualified to do that stuff,fact I don't even understand it,,so will have a tech do it next time he is here, I can't see why David would have did it to hurt me,but he might have been visiting some sites that he shouldn't have. I really don't know.

I have 2 hard drives and have always had XP pro but it has crashed twice so the one in here now is new.

Is your IPTV connection always on? If so, I would check so there is not ftp or http server installed.

If you are running windows xp, do the following:

1) Click Start/Run

2) type cmd and press ok

3) type netstat -oa > lport.txt this will list all connections and listening ports

4) type notepad lport.txt

5) Go through the list and see if any row that says LISTENING or CONNECTED in column 4 says [machinename]:http, [machinename]:https, [machinename]:smtp, [machinename]:ftp

5) If you find any of the above, ask someone to clean your machine. You can also continue by looking up the corresponding PID in column 5.

6) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager

7) Go to the processes tab and look up the same PID from col 5. This will identify the listening app (for example inetinfo.exe).

8) Disable the service(s) found, kill the app if not a service or get someone to help you.

PM me if you want me to scan your system from the outside.

If like fatterthanharry your computer is Gay, IT might have fondled it and carressed it.

I suggest you get it phsycoanalised quick in case it turns into a Catholic priest

Bash

I mean Fatterthanharrys computer is gay, not FTH, he of course is a strapping manly man and likes women and not men or kids come to that. Though he does have a 'Dixie Chicks' tape in his car, and that is a bit gay....

I am a computer tech and scanned his computer with my Gay scanner and it was gay, not him.

I hope I have made my point

Bash

:-) Wow ka1234.... ;-) Somehow I have the feeling that if Kevin is uncomfortable searching for picture files using the regular Windows 'search for files' that he will be a wee bit more uncomfortable starting up a command prompt and going into the bowels of network configuration.. ;-)

Just in case he does though, note that there are several applications that would open up ports; many Windows versions already install the Microsoft web server as standard. Then there's innocent things like MSN messenger and others.. I just did what you described on my computer, and look at the mess. ;-) (note that the -o flag didn't work for me; could be a Windows XP only thing)

Anyway... <shudder> ;-)

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

TCP evon180:25 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:79 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:80 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:110 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:135 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:445 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:1025 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:1028 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:1031 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:1032 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2869 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2878 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2909 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:3372 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:5679 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2877 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2877 evon180:2878 ESTABLISHED

TCP evon180:2878 evon180:2877 ESTABLISHED

TCP evon180:139 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:1087 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2443 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2869 baym-cs96.msgr.hotmail.com:1863 ESTABLISHED

TCP evon180:2876 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:2876 QUANTUM:139 ESTABLISHED

TCP evon180:2888 216.239.59.104:80 TIME_WAIT

TCP evon180:2909 216.239.59.104:80 ESTABLISHED

TCP evon180:3148 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:3460 evon180:0 LISTENING

TCP evon180:4854 evon180:0 LISTENING

Now if that is not going to freak out some people then I don't know what would.. :o

Again, it makes no sense for David or anyone else to use someone elses computer for stuff. It just increases chances of getting caught. There are much safer ways of hiding illegal stuff on servers you control yourself, and which would preferably not even be located in Thailand.

Cheers,

Chanchao

:-) Wow ka1234.... ;-) Somehow I have the feeling that if Kevin is uncomfortable searching for picture files using the regular Windows 'search for files' that he will be a wee bit more uncomfortable starting up a command prompt and going into the bowels of network configuration.. ;-)

Just in case he does though, note that there are several applications that would open up ports; many Windows versions already install the Microsoft web server as standard. Then there's innocent things like MSN messenger and others.. I just did what you described on my computer, and look at the mess. ;-) (note that the -o flag didn't work for me; could be a Windows XP only thing)

Anyway... <shudder> ;-)

Ok, maybe it can be a bit confusing but that's why I tried to include simple steps and that's why I limited it to XP and http, ftp and smtp.

Anyway, if KevinN don't feel comfortable doing it, I am sure he can show my instructions to some semi computer literate neighbor that don't know this command but that can follow the instructions just so he have one reason less to worry about what might be on his system...

As for web servers installed by default, another a good reason to scan. Even if it is not being misused, if it is not needed it is a good idea to just disable it to prevent future misuse, to save system resources etc...

You're correct, the -oa flag is xp only. As you can see in your scan result, some other OS versions don't translate port numbers to protocol names the nice way XP does.

If like fatterthanharry your computer is Gay, IT might have fondled it and carressed it.

I suggest you get it phsycoanalised quick in case it turns into a Catholic priest

Bash

I mean Fatterthanharrys computer is gay, not FTH, he of course is a strapping manly man and likes women and not men or kids come to that. Though he does have a 'Dixie Chicks' tape in his car, and that is a bit gay....

I am a computer tech and scanned his computer with my Gay scanner and it was gay, not him.

I hope I have made my point

Bash

the computer was OK untill somebody spilled some marshite sh1t over IT, now IT's kaput, only one known cure is the anti-marmite, the world lifesaver

VEGEMITE :o

topLeft_corner_image2.jpg

ALICE 711;

You sound like the same guy (Sangsom on another site,too) who has been going on and on here and in other ng's about David because he didn't like something you said in the gay section of this site.

Give it a rest! I personally am getting tired of your rants and gloats

WOW Alice, I have never posted anything on the queer sites on here,so I really do not know what you are talking about.

And if you do not like what I post,then why do you bother to read postings under my heading, if I was you I would just go on to the next postings,,like I will do whenever I see your heading again as I have no truck with no queers.

Thanks to the rest of you for the info that was posted about going into the guts of this thing.I did that once and ended up with a new OP system,so I will just leave it for a tech to do this time. Thanks again

I have a question for George. Would David have had access to our member codes and personal information?

The day after the second post I wrote about the ###### character not being for real, he suddenly showed up at my place of work and we discussed the whole thing, but how did he know my true identity?

I have been getting some mail returned from the postmaster,and it is mail that I never sent and do not know anything about,and that has been happening for the last few months,some of the mail returns are still on my outlook exp. with the terminal numbers.

KevinN,

Those Returned mails that "you never sent" were most likely the after effect of a virus. Not a virus on your computer but on someone elses machine that had your email address stored. This has been a fairly common occurence lately.

/SM

I have a question for George. Would David have had access to our member codes and personal information?

The day after the second post I wrote about the ###### character not being for real, he suddenly showed up at my place of work and we discussed the whole thing, but how did he know my true identity?

Admin or member doesn't matter, this is not an anonymous forum.

This is not an anonymous forum if that is what you are asking. Admin or member, you can still get enough info about other members to identify location, place of work (if the site is accessed from work) etc.

Those Returned mails that "you never sent" were most likely the after effect of a virus. Not a virus on your computer but on someone elses machine that had your email address stored. This has been a fairly common occurence lately.

I can confirm that. I now get one just like that on average every week.

The first ones started to show up one - two months ago. They normally contain a an attached file with the file extension .scr (which is a screensaver file). This file no doubt triggers the spreading mechanism of the virus, and whatever else it does.

The general rule applies - NEVER open attachments you feel unsure about - even if they come from your friends' addresses.

Instead send them an e-mail and ask them to confirm that they actually sent this email and the attached file. If the answer is yes, and you trust your friend, it should be safe to open.

/Meadish

Although it should be common knowledge, files with the extension .exe, .com, .bat, .vbs, .js, .scr, .pif, .cmd, .vbe, .lnk, .src, .htc contains executable code that will instruct you computer to do whatever is in those files. Do not try to open them even if the sender's address suggest that it is from your wife, your brother or whoever. If they want to send you executable code, ask them where this code came from and where you can download it.