BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
KevinN

Computers Hdd

Just a coincedence Georgie nothing more :o

KevinN,

Those Returned mails that "you never sent" were most likely the after effect of a virus. Not a virus on your computer but on someone elses machine that had your email address stored. This has been a fairly common occurence lately.

/SM

I have a question for George. Would David have had access to our member codes and personal information?

The day after the second post I wrote about the ###### character not being for real, he suddenly showed up at my place of work and we discussed the whole thing, but how did he know my true identity?

Admin or member doesn't matter, this is not an anonymous forum.

I have a question for George. Would David have had access to our member codes and personal information?

The day after the second post I wrote about the ###### character not being for real, he suddenly showed up at my place of work and we discussed the whole thing, but how did he know my true identity?

This is not an anonymous forum if that is what you are asking. Admin or member, you can still get enough info about other members to identify location, place of work (if the site is accessed from work) etc.

Those Returned mails that "you never sent" were most likely the after effect of a virus. Not a virus on your computer but on someone elses machine that had your email address stored. This has been a fairly common occurence lately.

I can confirm that. I now get one just like that on average every week.

The first ones started to show up one - two months ago. They normally contain a an attached file with the file extension .scr (which is a screensaver file). This file no doubt triggers the spreading mechanism of the virus, and whatever else it does.

The general rule applies - NEVER open attachments you feel unsure about - even if they come from your friends' addresses.

Instead send them an e-mail and ask them to confirm that they actually sent this email and the attached file. If the answer is yes, and you trust your friend, it should be safe to open.

/Meadish

Although it should be common knowledge, files with the extension .exe, .com, .bat, .vbs, .js, .scr, .pif, .cmd, .vbe, .lnk, .src, .htc contains executable code that will instruct you computer to do whatever is in those files. Do not try to open them even if the sender's address suggest that it is from your wife, your brother or whoever. If they want to send you executable code, ask them where this code came from and where you can download it.