Australian VISA for Thai girlfriend (first time)

On Tuesday, October 04, 2016 at 4:53 AM, organicman said:

I will be hprovidingial support. How much money will I need to prove? I curren tly have $1000 in mFacebooknd $5000 limit ($4500 available) of my credit card, would  this be enough for a subclass 600? I just got a new job today after returning from Thailand 2 weeks ago (3 month trip). 

When I spoke to my paranoid dad, he said be careful cause if she does run away in Australia, I have to pay for damages cause I said I'm her guarantor, is this true?? What kind of trouble would I be in?

. Are you kidding this forum. I spend a grand a week on a cheap week  providing for my thai gf and myself. I think this thread is a wind up. OP keeps asking same dumb questions. Did you read my advice re good web site earlier. 

$1000au is a joke. Also what money does she have. What do you plan for her while she is here. On zero budget. You say you just started new job. So THE PLAN? You work and she plays facebook during the day? Grow up

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is relatively straight forward if the person is not a flight risk as has been stated before. My long term girlfriend (now my wife) visited me in Australia this year and it took only 7 days for her to receive her passport back from the visa section. Her application was pretty strong i.e. letter from her employer, evidence of long term relationship with me, return air fare, letter of guarantee for board and other expenses etc whilst in Oz.

The visa she received is a multiple entry visa that is valid for 1 year and she can stay in Oz for up to 3 months on any entry. No stamp in passport just electronic tracking of her passport through Australian Border Force.

Job, genuine reason to return e.g. study back in Thailand and letter of support are the main criteria.

Many previous posts mention the guarantee of support  How much do I need). I can tell you right now that the application process my wife went through did not even question her nor my finances.

Good luck

On 9/27/2016 at 11:57 AM, organicman said:

Lets say I get a 3 months visa for my Thai girlfriend. Up to how long can I start the visa? For example, can I have her come to Australia in 2 years to start the 3 month visa?

Why would you ?

just wait the two years. The scenario itself sound strange and would be immediately rejected by the Oz visa section I think...

On 10/5/2016 at 10:25 PM, jacksam said:

. Are you kidding this forum. I spend a grand a week on a cheap week  providing for my thai gf and myself. I think this thread is a wind up. OP keeps asking same dumb questions. Did you read my advice re good web site earlier. 

$1000au is a joke. Also what money does she have. What do you plan for her while she is here. On zero budget. You say you just started new job. So THE PLAN? You work and she plays facebook during the day? Grow up

yeah, i check out the website very thoroughly. Best to cover every angle hence my questions which i'm not scared to ask! 

I'm starting to run low on money hence why i'm back in Australia to work! I have a house fully paid off where i live off $300 a week including bills I reckon. $1000 a week!!! Do you drink everyday... you must love wasting your money!! Why pay 10x as much for entertainment here when it's cheap as in Thailand?!? I'm just here to save, nothing more, nothing less for 3-6 months!

yeah, i work and she can play on her phone all day. It's what she does in Thailand where she seems happy doing so. That's what I love about Thais, they seem very happy living a basic life! She can be a free woman and happy being a housewife compare to the women here that enjoy being slaves to the workforce! 

The only difference is that I can't work in Thailand. I'll clearing at least $1000 for my new job so I think i'll wait for a couple pay cheques which i'll print and include in my submission! (hope it will be enough). I'm still waiting for a good amount to have saved up before lodging the forms? $3,000 maybe $4,000 ???

On 10/6/2016 at 2:36 AM, Eddiesam said:

It is relatively straight forward if the person is not a flight risk as has been stated before. My long term girlfriend (now my wife) visited me in Australia this year and it took only 7 days for her to receive her passport back from the visa section. Her application was pretty strong i.e. letter from her employer, evidence of long term relationship with me, return air fare, letter of guarantee for board and other expenses etc whilst in Oz.

The visa she received is a multiple entry visa that is valid for 1 year and she can stay in Oz for up to 3 months on any entry. No stamp in passport just electronic tracking of her passport through Australian Border Force.

Job, genuine reason to return e.g. study back in Thailand and letter of support are the main criteria.

Many previous posts mention the guarantee of support  How much do I need). I can tell you right now that the application process my wife went through did not even question her nor my finances.

Good luck

thanks Edddie! I just want to cover all my bases before lodging the forms. These no refund if it's refused ($125).

so far i'm also included

* statutory declaration (S.D. act 1959, sign by VIC Policeman)

* letter staying I will support her and about our relationship

* 2 monthly payslips (she started a new job 2 months ago, can't get a letter of reference until 120 days)

* 7 photos of us

* 2 LINE screen dumps of chat also log of her saying she has to go to work

* my passport

* my bank statements ($1500 saved, $5k available on credit card)

* my 2 weekly pay cheques

Hopefully it will be enough! 

On 10/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, organicman said:

thanks Edddie! I just want to cover all my bases before lodging the forms. These no refund if it's refused ($125).

so far i'm also included

* 2 monthly payslips (she started a new job 2 months ago, can't get a letter of reference until 120 days)

* 7 photos of us

* my passport

good luck my friend..

• 1 month later...

This is the link on the letter http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Biom

AVACs and ABCCs charge a service fee covering a range of services including biometric collection. For more details regarding these fees, check the website of the AVAC or ABCC provider in your country.

I don't see anywhere about a price, just where to go information....

On Friday, October 07, 2016 at 8:59 AM, organicman said:

so far i'm also included

* 7 photos of us

* my passport

Don't see any evidence of her intention to return to Thailand, think you are wasting your time and money.

But good luck, you have been given a lot of detail on why the application will probably be rejected - so up to you.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, organicman said:

Anyone know? 

Relax and chill like the rest of us trying to get their 309/100 visa approved. The Australian Embassy will tell you when it's time for you to proceed with your application. Until then carry on with your life as best as you can.

Surely it's not that hard to check the website.

Visitors

The table below details the indicative processing times for visitor visas.

indicative processing times for visitor visas
Visa Application Stream Lodged in Australia Lodged outside Australia
    Low Risk* High Risk Low Risk* High Risk
Visitor
(subclass 600 )
Tourist (including Approved Destination Status) 1 working day 1 week 1 working day 1 month
Business Visitors n/a n/a 1 working day 1 month
Sponsored Family Visitors n/a 1.5 months n/a n/a
Frequent Traveller Stream n/a n/a n/a 1 month

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, she got the visa today :)

The bad news is the flights are x3 as much (16000+ baht) compare normal around 6000-7000 to Melbourne Australia (from over a week ago). I never bought a flight at this time of the year but I noticed in the last couple weeks the price does change and there was a 7000 baht flight to Melbome from Bangkok. How does the flight system work at this time of the year? I normally use skyscanner.com. If I can save some money, that would be good...

On 11/01/2017 at 4:45 PM, organicman said:

Good news, she got the visa today :)

The bad news is the flights are x3 as much (16000+ baht) compare normal around 6000-7000 to Melbourne Australia (from over a week ago). I never bought a flight at this time of the year but I noticed in the last couple weeks the price does change and there was a 7000 baht flight to Melbome from Bangkok. How does the flight system work at this time of the year? I normally use skyscanner.com. If I can save some money, that would be good...

Prices start to drop in Feb. Book direct with the airline for the cheapest deal.  I normally used Jetstar but the cheapest fares are always the ones with no refunds if you want to change/cancel so be sure of your travel dates....

• 1 year later...
On 05/03/2018 at 5:55 PM, organicman said:

Applying for 1 year visa, how much is the 'Health Examination' cost?

Does she need a medical for a tourist visa ? I thought medical was only for permanent Visa. 

1 minute ago, organicman said:

yeh for 3+ months Tourist Visa, she needs to get a medical. If I applied for 3 months Tourist Visa, no need for medical! 

Must be a new requirement, I have taken wife for 5 months and no medical was required.

Archived