Australian VISA for Thai girlfriend (first time)

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Must be a new requirement, I have taken wife for 5 months and no medical was required.

It's been around for years.

Normally asked for when applying for 6 months or more.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, organicman said:

yeh for 3+ months Tourist Visa, she needs to get a medical. If I applied for 3 months Tourist Visa, no need for medical! 

Anything longer than a 3 month visitor visa is really hard to get.

My understanding is, that the case officer requests the health examination if they

were considering to grant. 

So if you're going to apply, just wait and see what the outcome is.

Usually they refuse the longer visa and just grant a stock standard 3 month visa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 2:15 PM, Will27 said:

Anything longer than a 3 month visitor visa is really hard to get.

My understanding is, that the case officer requests the health examination if they

were considering to grant. 

So if you're going to apply, just wait and see what the outcome is.

Usually they refuse the longer visa and just grant a stock standard 3 month visa.

You are correct, they only gave her 3 months! What a waste of 4000 baht!!! Why say get a medical done when they going to ONLY grant 3 months?!?!?

3 hours ago, organicman said:

You are correct, they only gave her 3 months! What a waste of 4000 baht!!! Why say get a medical done when they going to ONLY grant 3 months?!?!?

Who told you to get the medical done first?

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, organicman said:

She goes back next Wednesday to Thailand where I can her to come back to Australia again. When can I apply for another Visa? 

On 3/18/2018 at 12:53 AM, Will27 said:

Who told you to get the medical done first?

Answer this question and I will answer yours. The point of helping people on this is to exchange information not just to take.

3 minutes ago, Surin13 said:

Answer this question and I will answer yours. The point of helping people on this is to exchange information not just to take.

Australian Immigration of course. These no reason why I would have wasted about 5000 baht otherwise. ? It's standard for more than 3 months for them to ask for a medical I hear. 

They only gave her a 3 month visa. 

It's a requirement for a medical if granting a visa over 6 months, not 3 months. although they can request it at any time.

I haven't read the thread, so give me a run down on the timeline of the applying, time in country etc. as there are unofficial restrictions and what your end game is.

14 minutes ago, organicman said:

Australian Immigration of course. These no reason why I would have wasted about 5000 baht otherwise. ? It's standard for more than 3 months for them to ask for a medical I hear. 

They only gave her a 3 month visa. 

My wife just got a 12 month Visa in April and no medical was mentioned or asked for.

24 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Sorry, my mistake, 12 months multiple entry but only 3 month for each visit.

Thanks for clarifying, as a 12 continuous visa would be highly unusual (not impossible),6mths or more visa require a medical and I haven't heard of a anything more then 6 months as a continuous visa

10 minutes ago, organicman said:

Can anyone answer my question please. She leaves Australia next week and I wish to apply for for another visa ASAP. When can I apply? 

I can, but you need to answer the question that I asked in post #69.

23 minutes ago, organicman said:

Can anyone answer my question please. She leaves Australia next week and I wish to apply for for another visa ASAP. When can I apply? 

I dont see any reason why she cannot apply for the next visa immediately, if she can justify the same to the satisfaction of the embassy officials.

2 hours ago, saakura said:

I dont see any reason why she cannot apply for the next visa immediately, if she can justify the same to the satisfaction of the embassy officials.

Can she apply for another 3 month tourist visa here in Australia? The biometrics can be done in Australia?? 

10 hours ago, organicman said:

Can she apply for another 3 month tourist visa here in Australia? The biometrics can be done in Australia?? 

Check her visa.

It more than likely has 8503 No Further Stay condition which means she won't be able to apply onshore.

As Surin has advised, it would help if you give some extra information if you want informative replies.

Like how long as you girlfriend been in Australia etc.

2 minutes ago, organicman said:

I called Australian Immigration and they said I can't until she leaves. 

She must have 8503 on her visa.

As Surin has said, it's hard to give you complete answers when you don't answer questions and give little information.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, organicman said:

I called Australian Immigration and they said I can't until she leaves. 

Good luck with your future visas, but I can’t be bothered answering any more of your moronic questions.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, organicman said:

Applied for 3 months this time and got 1 year! 

I was thinking about getting Travel Insurance this time for Thail girlfriend being in Australia. Any suggestions?

Do it, medical help is expensive in Oz for foreigners - try AA Insurance in Pattaya or see if GF can point in right direction

NB: Check visa T&Cs as GF may be required to depart and return Oz after three months

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Regarding Travel insurance, its done easily done through Krungthai or SCB bank (lost more different type of insurance covers) by internet banking or smartphone banking.

These many levels of cover where below is the lowest cover. I'll list the medical for the basic cover:

Krungthai =  1500 baht  for 12 months (annual) to Australia (500,000 baht medical)

SCB = 1700 baht for 12 months (annual) worldwide (1,000,000 baht medical)

Bangkok bank doesn't have this option where their Internet Banking so <deleted>house! 

These 2 options. Single or annual to choose where single for 3 months is nearly twice as much compare to annual. Does anyone know why??? 

• 2 weeks later...

I apply for another travel visa (5th one) where they just called saying this will be the last one and to apply for a marriage visa next time. The thing is we are boyfriend and girlfriend and I don't plan to EVER get married in this life time....

Why would they say to apply for a marriage visa when we aren't married? Does that mean my girlfriend can't come back to Australia when I go back every year to Xmas anymore. What are my options? 

27 minutes ago, organicman said:

I apply for another travel visa (5th one) where they just called saying this will be the last one and to apply for a marriage visa next time. The thing is we are boyfriend and girlfriend and I don't plan to EVER get married in this life time....

Why would they say to apply for a marriage visa when we aren't married? Does that mean my girlfriend can't come back to Australia when I go back every year to Xmas anymore. What are my options? 

Rightly or wrongly, Immigration think your girlfriend is spending too much time in Australia to be considered

a genuine tourist. How long has she spent in Australia since the first visa was granted?

If you don't want to apply for a spouse visa, your options would be to apply for a 6th one later on and see what happens I guess.

Archived