When did your Thai "Honeymoon" end?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my case, after I met the once beloved I was like a pig in clover. Never so happy in my life.

It was only once we lived near enough to the family for them to turn her against me that it all went south.

Yeah many sad stories about reminds of a song but l headed for Thailand. :laugh:

I guess no matter what serious relationship you get into who knows how long it will last,  in my case three,  l would of said in your case it would have gone that way anyway maybe just taken a bit longer.

Been married over 12 years,  took 3 year to get to know each other before the marriage commitment and retiring in Thailand,  no regrets yet. :laugh:  :whistling: 

On 27/09/2016 at 7:48 AM, eldragon said:

Around the 6 month mark. I was walking down my soi with a Thai girl and she informed me that most Thais assume a Thai girl with a white foreigner is a hooker.

Ain't that the truth. That's the blatant truth and anyone who disagrees or whose closest and dearest disagrees is not facing the truth. I recall some "intelligent men" believing this notion was so "proejective" but it's the truth, sadly and that ideal reflects badly and is a 1st impression so it's an uphill battle from the outset.

pretty much as soon after your missus knows all your past - via pillowtalk

I had at some time mentioned of my ex-filo, who wouldn't hold hands, in her (filo) village.

Now, I was pretty detailed, in that it was all because of her being afraid of being seen with a whiteman, by her allegedy ex-hubby, or one of his mates.

Missus puts on that same cringing-thinking-face,

and... at some later date, we are walking in her  thai village...

Missus has this flashback, and suddenly from that point on, refused to hold hands - because she then came out with the "it Thai custom, not to..." thing

note to self - never threaten honeymoons, by letting the past back in to haunt you

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ain't that the truth. That's the blatant truth and anyone who disagrees or whose closest and dearest disagrees is not facing the truth. I recall some "intelligent men" believing this notion was so "proejective" but it's the truth, sadly and that ideal reflects badly and is a 1st impression so it's an uphill battle from the outset.

And even if they don't think she's a hooker, they're gonna know she's easy, b/c everyone knows most of us wouldn't waste more than three dates on em if they didn't put out.

5 minutes ago, eldragon said:

And even if they don't think she's a hooker, they're gonna know she's easy, b/c everyone knows most of us wouldn't waste more than three dates on em if they didn't put out.

Nah mate cannot agree. Waited a month to meet her whilst I was in thailand could have met her sooner but I was not in a risk  but each to their own. You Animal

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah mate cannot agree. Waited a month to meet her whilst I was in thailand could have met her sooner but I was not in a risk  but each to their own. You Animal

That's the thing... It doesn't matter what you personally do. This is the perception most Thais have of foreigners and how they're going to perceive any girl that associates with us.

19 hours ago, eldragon said:

If you met her when she was over 40 and in the same government job for 20 years without a husband they will be happy for her to have a man - any man. :smile:

My Honeymoon will end next Wednesday. Court date. (After 15 years of marriage).
- Fortunately, I learned about her "long term Plans" concerning our marriage 4 years ago.
This gave me 4 precious years time to make assets "disappear". Assets still in existence, but "invisible".
- I do not differentiate between a short term "Gold Digger" and a long term "Gold Digger". She is in for the surprise of her life.

No, this old boy here (for a change), will not be taken to the "cleaners" by a lovely Thai-Wife !
Cheers.

My Honeymoon will end next Wednesday. Court date. (After 15 years of marriage).
- Fortunately, I learned about her "long term Plans" concerning our marriage 4 years ago.
This gave me 4 precious years time to make assets "disappear". Assets still in existence, but "invisible".
- I do not differentiate between a short term "Gold Digger" and a long term "Gold Digger". She is in for the surprise of her life.

No, this old boy here (for a change), will not be taken to the "cleaners" by a lovely Thai-Wife !
Cheers.

13 hours ago, eldragon said:

That's the thing... It doesn't matter what you personally do. This is the perception most Thais have of foreigners and how they're going to perceive any girl that associates with us.

you it is important that those who think, for the most part does not wash hands after using the toilet and then have use their hands eat on the floor?

On September 27, 2016 at 1:48 PM, eldragon said:

Around the 6 month mark. I was walking down my soi with a Thai girl and she informed me that most Thais assume a Thai girl with a white foreigner is a hooker.

Most Thai's think that Thai Girls who look like a hooker with a foreigner are hookers... 

There's a difference and Thai's can definitely tell that difference... 

More than 7 years later, I'm pleased to report that my 'honeymoon' continues,

I've been incredibly fortunate here in that I've never been scammed, never had issues with landlords and deposits, 'racism', the BiB, immigration, adjustment to the Thai way of doing things or the local women.

As I said, luck has played a part but I think adhering to some basic rules had a hand in it too:

Steering clear of pissheads, not letting the party scene interfere with my work, being content alone (not lonely) and not compromising on standards when it comes to women

If the question really is, when did you begin to see Thailand realistically? I would say within 2 months. But with all its warts, there is still more positive than negative for me. Althought they're doing their best to even the odds.

But so is the rest of the world right?

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Most Thai's think that Thai Girls who look like a hooker with a foreigner are hookers... 

This is very true.

Any Thai can differentiate between a pro and a regular girl. Most long term farangs can, too.

It's all about dress, deportment, speech and attitude. Oh, and tattoos.

Thais can also see the difference between farangs with educated, middle class girls and westerners who've paired off with peasants. 

16 hours ago, ardokano said:

you it is important that those who think, for the most part does not wash hands after using the toilet and then have use their hands eat on the floor?

I don't care what they think. But the girls I'm trying to get with do. And that's where it affects me.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Depends on your definition of hooker. But the consensus seems to be that Thai girls who date foreigners do it b/c they need something from him.

When I started to live here permanently, as opposed to coming here on holiday. For most people I think it's best to keep it as a holiday dream. The reality and the fantasy rarely match. For me it makes no difference, I've just recreated in Thailand the life I had in the UK. Same old trips to Big C, same old visits to family. The first year or two were pretty exciting though. 

18 hours ago, eldragon said:

18 hours ago, eldragon said:

I don't care what they think. But the girls I'm trying to get with do. And that's where it affects me.

May be  have another reason? ;)

As far as I know only the rich families.
They do not like the mixing of blood and classes. ka and the Japanese and Chinese.

ANother no problems

of course if you do not choose granddaughter ... in this case, not only the Thai can be a "dirty thoughts"

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

May be  have another reason? ;)

As far as I know only the rich families.
They do not like the mixing of blood and classes. ka and the Japanese and Chinese.

ANother no problems

of course if you do not choose granddaughter ... in this case, not only the Thai can be a "dirty thoughts"

I'm sure there are many reasons. I just get bored of the way Thai girls look around like they're wondering who's watching them every time they're approached by a foreigner. It's one of those things you can't unsee.

19 minutes ago, eldragon said:

I'm sure there are many reasons. I just get bored of the way Thai girls look around like they're wondering who's watching them every time they're approached by a foreigner. It's one of those things you can't unsee.

may we meet different girls?

yes there were such cases. but it is mainly with the very poor and poorly educated girls.
  Or maybe you look like Alain Delon and proud that she met you, and this is independent of race.. ;)

Archived