Doi Suthep's "adorable thieves" story is a load of rubbish say accused hill tribe folk

webfact

7 minutes ago, Johpa said:

As one who has spent far more time than you, or most others, living with the hill people I sincerely hope that you and your wife are no longer involved with the schooling of hill people or any other children for that matter.

absolutely. What a pair of racist bigots they sound.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, PJO said:

I agree wholeheartedly. And I for one would support suing the tourist who also admits she was drunk at the time, for defamation. There is no proof whatsoever, & as another person posted, it is normal for little children to fiddle with adult's hands, rings, watches etc.

By the standards of this very post, saying someone admitted they were drunk lands in the defamation bucket. I'm keen to hear how you actually came to such a conclusion, surely more too it than put forth in your post.

38 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

You can see the way the child's hand is gripping the watch strap is very suspicious. She's got her fingers poised to undo the strap. She's not just holding the lady's hand. It's quite obvious to me.

Well you could maybe work for thai police but unfortunatly in the real world you cannot accuse someone based on suspicions...especially with a photo which could be taken while her hand was moving,etc...

Moreover who in hell would stole a CRAPPY watch while the other girl has a direct access to an open bag??? I tis quite obvious to me that you re jumping on conclusion...and this even without picture 

Another exemple: I find Trump small hands very suspicious

1 minute ago, Tallagada said:

Well you could maybe work for thai police but unfortunatly in the real world you cannot accuse someone based on suspicions...especially with a photo which could be taken while her hand was moving,etc...

Moreover who in hell would stole a CRAPPY watch while the other girl has a direct access to an open bag??? I tis quite obvious to me that you re jumping on conclusion...and this even without picture 

Another exemple: I find Trump small hands very suspicious

You must be living in denial if you don't find this suspicious.

KD7NgzI.jpg

8 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

You must be living in denial if you don't find this suspicious.

KD7NgzI.jpg

you must never have been with kids in young age holding your hands or grabbing your wrist and watch...and if you knew a bit about pickpocketing and stuff you should knwo it is not the way to remove a watch  unoticed as pulling it this way will shorten the handle and constrict the wrist, and she would feel it immediatly...go on youtube watch some youtube videos about palming and pickpoeckting

3 minutes ago, Tallagada said:

you must never have been with kids in young age holding your hands or grabbing your wrist and watch...and if you knew a bit about pickpocketing and stuff you should knwo it is not the way to remove a watch  unoticed as pulling it this way will shorten the handle and constrict the wrist, and she would feel it immediatly...go on youtube watch some youtube videos about palming and pickpoeckting

I don't know what your problem is, you must be married to a Hmong woman or something. It's very easy to steal her watch like this. Her thumb isn't visible because it is pulling the pin on the watch on her wrist so she can quickly grab it with her 4 fingers ready to grab it. It is very obvious. I won't be replying to any more of your messages so don't bother.

2 hours ago, Tallagada said:

Wow! you got bread stolen?! Pocket change for sweet? !
Damn hilltribe kids, It is not like ALL f!king kids in the world do this, right? I bet you never stole any pocket change to buy sweets  while you were young...

I bet you will never have kids or you kids never do such things?

I mean come on they stole some BREAD!!!!!! they stole POCKET CHANGE! did you go to the police? maybe you should have started a kind of vigilante program with the other farangs there!

If you had kids or worked with kids you would know ALL the kids in this world do that : ALL OF them!

Perhaps the point was they are not so perfect and the idea that lying is beyond any Thai is the most laughable nonsense I have heard given it is first nature in this country.

3 hours ago, TheSiemReaper said:

It is vital when considering this matter to ensure that you add a touch of racist abuse towards all Hill tribe people before convicting these two little girls via internet telepathy. All they are guaranteed to be guilty of is posing for a photograph with a tourist who was happy to exploit them for her holiday tales "look at the adorable people we met in their special costumes". Anything else is pure conjecture and has been from the moment this story began to run. Accusing people of theft based on a photo where they aren't stealing anything is straight up wrong. Everybody involved in this apart from the 2 kids should be ashamed of themselves. 

They probably shouldn't be there to begin with.  It's the parents idea obviously.  Do they have some kind of permission?

Whether they actually did steal the watch is secondary. The issue is the baseless accusation. Its totally impossible to tell whether any theft is going on from a still picture.

The Daily Mail publishes any negative story about Thailand it can find, as retribution for the Mail Online site being blocked in Thailand.

1 minute ago, andyww said:

Whether they actually did steal the watch is secondary. The issue is the baseless accusation. Its totally impossible to tell whether any theft is going on from a still picture.

The Daily Mail publishes any negative story about Thailand it can find, as retribution for the Mail Online site being blocked in Thailand.

Wrong. This story is published in newspapers all over the world.

it is bad karma for them to outright Lie, so in good form, the truth is bent, such that there is no direct Lie nor Admission

They say it is 'rubbish'

...so the first place I'd look - is in their 'rubbish'

(like a dog that buries a bone)

I'm trying to illustrate the White Lie, by example:

- a falang dude tried to chat up my wifey, (I was sitting near, and within earshot)

and part of that was that he asked her directly - "if she has a boyfriend"

of course she says 'No'

Now, they won't tell all the necessities, for a straight answer...

- as they never want a falang to know all 'Their Private'

she & I joked about it later... well actually I joked,

and she eventually realised, what I was leading up to,

- after I had to explain her response, back to her, in detail...

...basically, that she never let on that she could have been Engaged, or Married... which is not a boyfriend per se,

... and the missus always says I Tink Too Mut

anyhow - time to start digging into that 'rubbish' ...

49 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

I don't know what your problem is, you must be married to a Hmong woman or something. It's very easy to steal her watch like this. Her thumb isn't visible because it is pulling the pin on the watch on her wrist so she can quickly grab it with her 4 fingers ready to grab it. It is very obvious. I won't be replying to any more of your messages so don't bother.

Great, welcome to my ignore list

33 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

Perhaps the point was they are not so perfect and the idea that lying is beyond any Thai is the most laughable nonsense I have heard given it is first nature in this country.

Perhaps she is just a kid holding her wrist...as mentioned before if you try to steal a watch by pulling the handle to remove the pin it constrict the wrist and therefore the holder of the watch notice it immediatly

Perhaps the point was also that he pointed out something which is occuring with every kid on the planet : steal some bread or sweets, or pocket money to buy some sweets...perhaps this is also a way to show that you jump to conclusions without EVIDENCE so far!

10 minutes ago, Tallagada said:

Perhaps she is just a kid holding her wrist...as mentioned before if you try to steal a watch by pulling the handle to remove the pin it constrict the wrist and therefore the holder of the watch notice it immediatly

Perhaps the point was also that he pointed out something which is occuring with every kid on the planet : steal some bread or sweets, or pocket money to buy some sweets...perhaps this is also a way to show that you jump to conclusions without EVIDENCE so far!

Well it seems you are the one jumping to conclusions since I did not draw any conclusions save to take a different view on the posted reply. Not 'every kid on the planet' steals stuff even supposedly small items like pocket change or loaves of bread and not everyone thinks theft of small things like that is OK. 

2 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

Well it seems you are the one jumping to conclusions since I did not draw any conclusions save to take a different view on the posted reply. Not 'every kid on the planet' steals stuff even supposedly small items like pocket change or loaves of bread and not everyone thinks theft of small things like that is OK. 

Kids are kids and I bet you had your fair share of stupid actions as well...

However, saying from a picture that she is stealing the watch from the woman WHILE the other girl could really pick everyhing from her open bag is plain stupid!

56 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

Wrong. This story is published in newspapers all over the world.

The Mail were the first big name to pick up on the story though. The picture was originally posted on Reddit and was mentioned on one of the Thailand expat news sites, then the Mail lifted it from there, as they regularly do. Then it spread around the world.

There has recently been a daily feed of stories on Mail Online which have been lifted from the site in question. One of the Mail writers evidently has an email news feed set up and is simply feeding onto the Mail.

The Mail has always focused on negative Thailand stories, for example it was the only news source as far as I am aware that reported on the constant Police stopping and searching of foreigners in the Sukhumvit/Asoke area. This actually did some good in this case as the searches suddenly stopped after the Mail report, although they reportedly have recently started again. 

This really sickens me... The amount of racist and <deleted> up comments on here. Y'all haven't done your research or something? The two dumbass couples posted it on Reddit. They accused the family and it led to this bull shit. The husband stated in the Reddit post that his wife was too drunk and later they found their items that were thought to be stolen. The racist comments that i read on here and on the reddit post really saddens me at how quick people can point their fingers and blame others.

By the by the two idiot couple found their items and they deleted the Reddit post. What a bunch of idiots.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

The hill tribe girl is a good girl, if you believe that you will believe anything.

My wife and i lived in a hill tribe village near Mai Hong Son 4/5 years ago.

My wife was appointed school director.

Nothing was safe from the children NOTHING.

We even had a loaf of bread stolen out of our personal kitchen, nobody only wife and me should be in there.

I used to leave small change on a table in our bedroom, 1 day a boy climbed in the window and stole money.

We saw the children eating sweets, so enquired where they got the money from (as the children never had money)

We were told which boy, his answer was you have money i not have so i take for me and my friends.

So i do not believe 1 word about what is said in this report.

I believe it and I also believe you don't know very much at all about the Hmong.

Archived