Doi Suthep's "adorable thieves" story is a load of rubbish say accused hill tribe folk

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Did i say anything about Hmong? No so please get your facts correct before posting.

The article, the young girl and the thread is about the Hmong, you chose to cast her and her tribe in a bad light by saying, " The hill tribe girl is a good girl, if you believe that you will believe anything" and then went on to describe a number of hill tribe related incidents that you experienced.

I therefore stand behind what I wrote when I said you don't know much about the Hmong, unless of course you were talking about something completely off topic and totally unrelated, if so it's not clear at all that was the case.

As soon as I realised that this story came from the Daily Fail it lost all credibility, I then discovered that it had been taken from a Reddit post and published by the Daily Fail as fact.

You can read more facts in the Beano than the Daily Fail.

4 hours ago, Tallagada said:

Kids are kids and I bet you had your fair share of stupid actions as well...

However, saying from a picture that she is stealing the watch from the woman WHILE the other girl could really pick everyhing from her open bag is plain stupid!

All very good except I did not say anything about the actions of the girls!

4 hours ago, Corazonyaj said:

This really sickens me... The amount of racist and <deleted> up comments on here. Y'all haven't done your research or something? The two dumbass couples posted it on Reddit. They accused the family and it led to this bull shit. The husband stated in the Reddit post that his wife was too drunk and later they found their items that were thought to be stolen. The racist comments that i read on here and on the reddit post really saddens me at how quick people can point their fingers and blame others.

By the by the two idiot couple found their items and they deleted the Reddit post. What a bunch of idiots.

If you can please post a link or some other incontrovertible evidence to support your post it would be gratefully received 

Then this matter can be put to bed

3 hours ago, joskeshake said:

The victim admiddet today they found back the watch,so dont judge too quick.

Too late for that I am afraid

I have already asked another poster for evidence supporting the same statement as yours, namely that they found the watch in question later

It would be appreciated 

7 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Great, do you have a source for that please, I want to feed it to another poster in another thread, letter by letter?

yes but its a newspaper from belgium :http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160928_02490231/toeriste-liet-hele-wereld-twee-kleine-meisjes-beschuldigen-maar-heeft-nu-iets-op-te-biechten

7 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Great, do you have a source for that please, I want to feed it to another poster in another thread, letter by letter?

yes but its a newspaper from belgium :http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160928_02490231/toeriste-liet-hele-wereld-twee-kleine-meisjes-beschuldigen-maar-heeft-nu-iets-op-te-biechten

What an amazing discussion!  Do posters really believe that the little girl's hand just accidentally went t gripping the woman's watch strap?  If so, I've got a great deal on a bridge in London for you.  Also, what exactly is racist about the theft accusation? Is it that a person of a different race cannot be accused of stealing?   

5 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

What an amazing discussion!  Do posters really believe that the little girl's hand just accidentally went t gripping the woman's watch strap?  If so, I've got a great deal on a bridge in London for you.  Also, what exactly is racist about the theft accusation? Is it that a person of a different race cannot be accused of stealing?   

What an amazing discussion! Do posters really believe that just because the little girl's hand is seen touching and toying with a watch strap that she actually stole the watch, especially when the "victim" found that "stolen" watch later!!!

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160928_02490231/toeriste-liet-hele-wereld-twee-kleine-meisjes-beschuldigen-maar-heeft-nu-iets-op-te-biechten

23 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Perhaps the point was they are not so perfect and the idea that lying is beyond any Thai is the most laughable nonsense I have heard given it is first nature in this country.

'First nature in this country' - racist generalisation and they are NOT Thai - as I've posed be4 - they are Hmong - separate language, customs, culture and ancestry.  

I've tried to read the Belgian newspaper article but can't get it translated into English.  Personally,  I think that the couple were right to be suspicious.  Thievery happens everywhere and is committed by all races.  I know the manager of a local store which is patronized by all ages and races.  A lot of shoplifting goes on and the most frequent offenders are kids.  Heck, I stole stuff when I was a kid and learned a hard lesson when I was caught.  Didn't steal after that.  It's been my experience that most kids steal until they become afraid of the consequences.  My children stole from me until I convinced them not to do it.

22 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

'First nature in this country' - racist generalisation and they are NOT Thai - as I've posed be4 - they are Hmong - separate language, customs, culture and ancestry.  

Oh - racist or simply a trait that most posters on here well understand from bitter experience.  Not much more racist than having to fill in grossly personal immigration forms, do 90 day reports that are not used by anyone and especially not in the justice system where papers can be sent anywhere to ensure you have no knowledge to defend a case until it becomes accepted by the court (when suddenly they know where you live of course), although I grant this is racism against every nationality that is not Thia including many of the Hill tribes here.  You can be an apologist if you please - I will continue to see what are the facts that confront me from experience.

On 9/28/2016 at 4:14 PM, chiang mai said:

The article, the young girl and the thread is about the Hmong, you chose to cast her and her tribe in a bad light by saying, " The hill tribe girl is a good girl, if you believe that you will believe anything" and then went on to describe a number of hill tribe related incidents that you experienced.

I therefore stand behind what I wrote when I said you don't know much about the Hmong, unless of course you were talking about something completely off topic and totally unrelated, if so it's not clear at all that was the case.

Do you have any experience living in a hilltribe village.

If yes your comments are valid, if no your comments are not valid.

Archived